Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Humble is handing out free copies of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition while supplies last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Geemer posted:

Humble is handing out free copies of Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition while supplies last.

Yeeeessssss, thank you. This game is amazing.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Steep is free through UPlay until the 21st.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Geemer posted:

The Super Turbo Championship Edition is more recent/better than the Gold Edition, right? I got the Gold edition in a bundle a while back, but I never beat it. I'd probably want to start over, and I may as well go with the "upgraded" one.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Qylvaran posted:

The Super Turbo Championship Edition is more recent/better than the Gold Edition, right? I got the Gold edition in a bundle a while back, but I never beat it. I'd probably want to start over, and I may as well go with the "upgraded" one.

Yeah, this edition has a fair amount of new Stuff (big area with new boss-fight and some new enemies being the most noteworthy).

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

I'd really like to try it but Uplay is irredeemable trash...

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

oh dope posted:

How come? It's got more functionality than the Twitch and Epic launchers and seems to be reliable.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

oh dope posted:

uplay isn't up to steam standards, but it's much better than it was a couple years now.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

drkeiscool posted:

uplay isn't up to steam standards, but it's much better than it was a couple years now.

They keep on improving it gradually. It's just that its never really lost the stigma it had almost a decade ago when it was actually bad.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Tornhelm posted:

They keep on improving it gradually. It's just that its never really lost the stigma it had almost a decade ago when it was actually bad.

Which is really dumb because I clearly remember Steam being much worse than Uplay ever was, way back in the day.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I appreciate the people who post about new free games available

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Maybe this thread needs splitting into two: one thread for announcements, the other for discussion.

bowmore posted:

Please don't make such posts. They're part of the problem. Maybe link some free games.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Stick Insect posted:

Maybe this thread needs splitting into two: one thread for announcements, the other for discussion.

Please don't make such posts. They're part of the problem. Maybe link some free games.
The gently caress. This thread has had 22 pages in its three years of existence. It's not exactly being overwhelmed by off-topic discussion.

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Xander77 posted:

The gently caress. This thread has had 22 pages in its three years of existence. It's not exactly being overwhelmed by off-topic discussion.

please conserve, we cannot keep writing these pages! think of the trees!

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Personally I don't mind the discussion happening in the same thread. Splitting the thread is what I've seen done on other forums, so you can set it so you get no notifications unless there's actually content. It's not the thread size that's the problem. It's getting baited by a notification and finding no free games linked.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Good heavens, it's absolutely unacceptable that you have to skip past posts that dont contain a link

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Steep is free through UPlay.

Now I can talk in this thread! :agesilaus:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Good heavens, it's absolutely unacceptable that you have to skip past posts that dont contain a link
:hmmyes: loving goons man

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

bowmore posted:

:hmmyes: loving goons man

The thread title is free games. Not Free games and discussion. :colbert:

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

What happens if you have a discussion thread is either it doesn't get used and eventually discussion happens in Thai thread, or newcomers see the discussion thread, and post new free games in there instead, and all of a sudden you have one thread again.

If would be different if the overall forums were less busy, or if this thread was more busy, but as it stands there's no great need imo for a separate discussion thread.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
All I care in this thread is free game announcement and discussion of whether the game is worth playing or not. A few have pointed out that some game aren’t worth playing even when it’s free.

These free game are often lesser known and I would appreciate knowing something about it without the need to visit another thread to ask about it.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
I think we need three threads: one for new game announcements, one for discussion about platforms, and one to discuss whether there should be multiple threads about announcements and discussions about platforms or not.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Buy 4 threads get the 5th free

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

bowmore posted:

I'd appreciate your opinion, but considering this is literally your only post in the thread, as far as I'm concerned you can gently caress right off again.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Look, a free game: https://store.steampowered.com/app/780800/Ball_laB/

it's not very good

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/TheSimCommunity/status/1130878874022305792

Free for seven days, go go go

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

It was also only free for five minutes, I guess. It's already gone.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

in case anyone's not aware this will require origin if that's a turnoff for you

also the twitter thread after this announcement is hilarious

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Grid 2 free

https://store.steampowered.com/app/44350/GRID_2/

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Coolguye posted:

in case anyone's not aware this will require origin if that's a turnoff for you

also the twitter thread after this announcement is hilarious

I mean, you cannot get Sims 4 without origin. It's not on steam.

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell

I had to claim this via their website because I could only gift it to someone else through Origin. So if anyone else is having similar trouble, try that I guess.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I mean, you cannot get Sims 4 without origin. It's not on steam.

yeah idk how common knowledge that is so i decided to say it now rather than make someone wait on their website, which is always slow as gently caress

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Origin's come a hell of a long way from it's launch and other than it's patching process inexplicably taking twice as long as on Steam, it's perfectly fine IMO.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Coolguye posted:

yeah idk how common knowledge that is so i decided to say it now rather than make someone wait on their website, which is always slow as gently caress

That's fair.

Speaking of not-steams, if you boot up Uplay and claim Steep you can have it for free. Apparently the offer ends today so go get on that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Origin's come a hell of a long way from it's launch and other than it's patching process inexplicably taking twice as long as on Steam, it's perfectly fine IMO.

It not my favorite but their perfectly fine and let me merge accounts when my email was tied up from the free under ten dollar games glitch a few years ago. Plus Apex fun to play there.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you get this, you might as well grab the Holiday Celebration Pack, since it's free, too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I apparently can only buy it as a gift and not for myself?

e: And now I have it without actually doing anything five minutes later? Ok sure EA

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 00:12 on May 22, 2019

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kheldarn posted:

If you get this, you might as well grab the Holiday Celebration Pack, since it's free, too.

of note, this actually worked to let me get Sims 4 in Origin without that weird 'buy as gift' bug - just try to redeem the holiday pack, it will pop up a prompt saying you need the base Sims 4 game, and you can click the buy for 0.00 button there, works just fine

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Guacamelee is free again for the next few days, but this time on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

Pursued by bees posted:

I had to claim this via their website because I could only gift it to someone else through Origin. So if anyone else is having similar trouble, try that I guess.

Adding it to my wishlist and then buying from my wishlist allowed me to add it to my own library rather than only allowing me to purchase it as a gift.