Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
It looks like he's been method acting by sitting on his rear end for 8 years in real life too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Buncha goons throwing stones in glass houses right now

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

It ain't the 90s grandpa, lots of dorks keep fit these days x

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames
lots of cunts

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames
i thought lindsay ellis was a good but it turns out she is a bad.

https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/status/1130310185145098242

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Lindsay Ellis is CANCELED!!!!!!!!

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames
this tweet is in agreement with her but i like it https://twitter.com/n0t_a_bunny/status/1130320764953980928

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

the series ended with sansa as queen of the north, does that count for anything with regards to female rulers? no?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

you can oval office off posted:

i thought lindsay ellis was a good but it turns out she is a bad.

https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/status/1130310185145098242

That's not really a bad take though. D&D could have addressed it by showing other competant women, (like Yara or Sansa) but they decided to not take the time to flesh them out and welp here we are.

you can cunt off
May 5, 2019

by VideoGames
no-one who sat on the throne was both good and competent (inc ned in that one scene). The last council scene shows bran acting like robert did. it's a bad take.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Crimpolioni posted:

the series ended with sansa as queen of the north, does that count for anything with regards to female rulers? no?

Sansa is the only main character who comes out this season with a decent character arc ends up in an empowered position. Also while it's hilarious Yara goes along with the king electorate nonsense, she does become the queen of the pirates which is a pretty great job description.

But they don't count because they aren't blindly idolized by the most insufferable social issue co-opting fans.

BioMe fucked around with this message at 18:53 on May 21, 2019

Burns
May 10, 2008

The end result is something that really ought to be expected when the showrunners have complete control over the final product. It seems there was zero input from anyone else involved.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Lol this was on the seat of my train. The normies got both the Starbucks and the water bottle, well done!

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
So what's the point of exiling Jon to the Wildling lands (which is the most positive part of the show since he gets to hang out with Thormund) if the Unsullied left aboard ships to die from the fever on Naath anyway right after?

What's the point of the night's watch since wildlings and northerners are now mostly buddies. No wights or the like remain so they'll just hang out at castle black until they die since no one has food anymore since it was all in KL and the dragon burnt it to a crisp?

Why did Jon turn himself in after stabbing Dany without ensuring he had backup? No one saw him stab her and Drogon left with the corpse, for all the unsullied know she's just making GBS threads herself in a field.

Bran did absolutely fking nothing once more and he gets all the credit for warging into ravens and being 100% ineffectual against the NK... also the three -eyed raven lived for a thousand years before him so I guess it definitely fixes the hereditary power thing for a couple generations...

This finale makes less and less sense the more I think about it which I shouldn't bother doing anyway.

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 21, 2019

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

BioMe posted:

Sansa is the only main character who comes out this season with a decent character arc ends up in an empowered position. Also while it's hilarious Yara goes along with the king electorate nonsense, she does become the queen of the pirates which is a pretty great job description.

But they don't count because they aren't blindly idolized by the most insufferable social issue co-opting fans.

Yara gets told to shut the gently caress up and promptly forgets her only reason for joining Dany in the first place

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

He ends where he began.

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Victis posted:

Yara gets told to shut the gently caress up and promptly forgets her only reason for joining Dany in the first place

lmao yara is Chris Christie

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Victis posted:

Yeah, Sansa is the only woman who acts as if she has any agency at all in the finale, and even then she is just acting as a mouthpiece for the lords of the North. It is perfectly legitimate to say that a show that had long marketed itself as having lots of powerful female characters should probably not end with all the female characters dead or sidelined.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

BioMe posted:

like, i'm not saying GoT is great when it comes to women, it just seems wierd to talk about how it won't let women rule when it literally ends with a woman taking the biggest of the kingdoms and daring anyone to say poo poo about it

yara deserved bettter though, i won't argue

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Has anyone talked about how as soon as dragon lady went evil she switched all her clothes to Sith Lord (because she's bad now remember)?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Anyone who ever mistook Game of Thrones by George Rape Rape Martin as a feminist work is a moron. Half of this poo poo was just politics twitter deciding Hillary was Daenerys because they ran out of Harry Potter metaphors.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

sweet geek swag posted:

Yeah, Sansa is the only woman who acts as if she has any agency at all in the finale, and even then she is just acting as a mouthpiece for the lords of the North. It is perfectly legitimate to say that a show that had long marketed itself as having lots of powerful female characters should probably not end with all the female characters dead or sidelined.

I don't mind if characters die but in the end none of them had any real impact one anyone (Tyron looks at the audience, SHE BROKE THAT WHEEL IN THE END GUYS faaaaaart, Jon just fucks off)

RIP my girl Cersei, died when she stood in the wrong spot

Flannelette posted:

Has anyone talked about how as soon as dragon lady went evil she switched all her clothes to Sith Lord (because she's bad now remember)?

She started wearing Bad Guy poo poo since she appeared in Westeros tbh, but the costumers love goth prom dresses (see Sansa)

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Sinteres posted:

Anyone who ever mistook Game of Thrones by George Rape Rape Martin as a feminist work is a moron. Half of this poo poo was just politics twitter deciding Hillary was Daenerys because they ran out of Harry Potter metaphors.

I don't disagree, but the makers of the show definitely marketed it as being feminist in the later seasons. They really played up the "look at all these powerful women!" narrative.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Flannelette posted:

people give the costume designer gets a lot of credit for the symbolism etc that she puts into the outfits, but she put like half the cast in black leather. the mountain looked like TMNT shredder. everyone looked like fantasy ninjas.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

I still don't know what them sleeping together was supposed to achieve, slashfic fan service?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sinteres posted:

George Rape Rape Martin

:eyepop:

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Flannelette posted:

I still don't know what them sleeping together was supposed to achieve, slashfic fan service?

Nothing. The answer is nothing.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018
some people in this thread were saying that david benioff got his job because his dad is a rich powerful guy and i repeated this to someone else (because the writing is so bad what other explanation is there?!) and they now think i buy into Anti-Semitic propaganda because "Yes of course, it's a (((conspiracy)))" he got his job through connections

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

I actually have good calves. Easily the best part of me, physically speaking

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Flannelette posted:

brienne of tarths tang has been chekhovs gun since season 2

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lol @ Sansa having a good character arc

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Paranoid Peanut posted:

PSA that dragons in this show aren't really dragons, but wyverns.

Hth.

What’s the difference

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Dragons have four legs and wings and look way less cool

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Bombadilillo posted:

I curse you thread

From the wild

Yaar Haar Valor Marghulis!
Being a pirate is simply the coolest