Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
chainsawman ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Jose posted:

chainsawman ftw

The end of this chapter...gently caress

https://readms.net/r/csm/022/5876/1

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Generally this sort of very straightforward, unsexy violence is something you only really see from HxH.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I legit have no idea where this is going. And it's amazing!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm not convinced makima's actually dead yet but drat

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Whooping Crabs posted:

:suspense:

I have no words, chainsawman is amazing.

I don't believe she's dead though, on the other hand. This Manga plays very loose with the rules.

It was so adorable watching Denji struggle with the vomit kiss.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Samurai 8 is kinda charming but even with the clear level of detail in the art there's something about it that makes it really loving hard to visually parse half the time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's all the amorphous blobs everywhere cluttering things up

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was surprised Kishimoto isn't actually the artist since it seems so reminiscent of later Naruto.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I actually like samurai 8's weird bone/flesh/bio looking tech.
In fact I think its one of Kishimoto's strongest and most unique trademark design aesthetic and was woefully underused in Naruto.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Whooping Crabs posted:

About 4 pages from the end of the chapter I thought "I think somebody basically needs to die in this manga, just with how the setting is."

I wasn't entirely prepared to be proven right in that way that quickly. I actually kinda doubt Makima is dead, they did talk her up a bit in a couple of chapters, but this is an interesting twist.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I don't think this was a great idea

https://twitter.com/aniplexUSA/status/1129891680340140032

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
we never study

Meh. I had hoped that they would take it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I don't see what the problem is if they know the ghost is friendly.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I hope That ghost gets to hang out with the science lab skeleton sometimes

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Posting from my phone so no images unfortunately. But who is ready for an extremely elegant chapter of SPY X FAMILY?
murdoch had a very punch able face and I'm glad Henry followed through. The hanker chief was a nice touch, can't let the filth linger

I gotta wonder if the company had a moment of conflict over whether or not to follow through with this for of marketing. It's a neat idea but then you think back to the other time people in pajamas were branded with numbers and yeah...

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I loving love that headmaster.

Also, a very powerful woman.

Mulderman fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 19, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Posting from my phone so no images unfortunately. But who is ready for an extremely elegant chapter of SPY X FAMILY?
murdoch had a very punch able face and I'm glad Henry followed through. The hanker chief was a nice touch, can't let the filth linger

So many image able moments in this one.

We can all see where this story is heading with this dysfunctional family, but it's still equal parts awesome and touching. You don't want to be a mosquito near Twilight.

Poor Anya, that headmaster deserved worse.

And you show him headmaster!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
This seems to be a common misunderstanding, but the characters we've seen are "housemasters" not "headmasters." It's written like that in English in the raws. I checked Japanese wikipedia for Harry Potter, and they refer to them in the exact same way as like, "Professor Snape is housemaster of Slytherin House." The whole thing has an extremely British boarding school vibe to it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Clarste posted:

This seems to be a common misunderstanding, but the characters we've seen are "housemasters" not "headmasters." It's written like that in English in the raws. I checked Japanese wikipedia for Harry Potter, and they refer to them in the exact same way as like, "Professor Snape is housemaster of Slytherin House." The whole thing has an extremely British boarding school vibe to it.

I wonder if there's some kind of test to determine your house or maybe like a secret "draft" by the housemasters where they bicker and trade students around to try and get the best ones.

Or just a loving hat hooked up to a computer or some poo poo I dunno.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Somebody, just send me to the future in a time machine or cryogenically freeze me for a couple years so i don't have to wait for spy family updates

please

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Official Jump update is out as normal on Viz's site and MangaPlus.

New Jump Start, a Shougi manga which is almost 100% going to be axed immediately because we've had 3 failed Shougi manga in the last like 2 years. I dunno what editor likes Shougi but boardgames are cursed in Jump because of Hikaru no Go in the same way that Soccer manga are cursed in Jump because of Captain Tsubasa. There is also no reason to do a baseball manga while Diamond No Ace is running. Go pay for some cybernetic implants for Teppu's mangaka and have them resurrect the series if you need a new sports manga.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Crain posted:

I wonder if there's some kind of test to determine your house or maybe like a secret "draft" by the housemasters where they bicker and trade students around to try and get the best ones.

Well it's sometimes just as simple as asking the kid what their favourite colour is during the admissions process, which is how I got mine.

Though sometimes they don't ask and the school decides on the house themselves, I guess to get even numbers across the board since the house thing only really matters for sports teams and such

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

That's my lack of English nuance. Thanks for highlighting the difference.

Crain posted:

If it is, then Twilight will probably hack it.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

New Jump Start, a Shougi manga which is almost 100% going to be axed immediately because we've had 3 failed Shougi manga in the last like 2 years. I dunno what editor likes Shougi but boardgames are cursed in Jump because of Hikaru no Go in the same way that Soccer manga are cursed in Jump because of Captain Tsubasa. There is also no reason to do a baseball manga while Diamond No Ace is running. Go pay for some cybernetic implants for Teppu's mangaka and have them resurrect the series if you need a new sports manga.

It doesn't help that shougi, to my understanding, is nowhere near as simple as, say, Go to pick up and understand / relate to outside of Japan.
Hell, I wonder how understandable / relatable it is to your average japanese WSJ reader.

That point in "Even a monkey can draw manga" about how no one knows the rules to games was a joke, not a point of advice.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Go pay for some cybernetic implants for Teppu's mangaka and have them resurrect the series if you need a new sports manga.

where can i sign this petition

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well Seven Deadly Sins followed up that chapter with the most boring outcome possible.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, poor form, yellow card. If you're going to fake out ending a 300-chapter series you have to follow it up with something more than "oops, the bad guy we just killed is back."

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that was about the lamest way they could have handled that

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Nanantsu no Taizai
Eli still being alive was a massive disappointment.

But I did enjoy the rest of the chapter. The whole Cusack and Chandler bit was great. Seeing Zeldoris again was great.
seeing demon king again not great

And the surprising revelation that the supreme deity is apparently very dead. Very mixed chapter for me.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

why resurrect the demon king when you have a perfectly good goddess you could use as a final boss

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Beastars is getting increasingly crazy for something in a shounen magazine. Legosi turned 17 and Paru took her limiter off.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

why resurrect the demon king when you have a perfectly good goddess you could use as a final boss

I was really expecting that for a long time and what they're doing instead is kinda bullshit

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Well, that's a thing, honestly I'd have prefered if they played the Rocks fall thing straight, but whatever.

Between this and Game of Thrones I'm having a blast.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Darth TNT posted:

And the surprising revelation that the supreme deity is apparently very dead. Very mixed chapter for me.
i must have speed read, where did it say that

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Relin posted:

i must have speed read, where did it say that

They don't say it, but they imply it with their reasoning.
They say: "the reincarnation curse is coming back so that means that the demon king is still alive."
By that logic, the Goddess is dead otherwise Meliodas' curse would also resurface.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lmfao that caught me by surprise to be honest. Straight up calling the last few chapters "epilogue" before going 'sike bitch!' is 10/10 trolling.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Eden's Zero: "Well I think a tournament arc is the fair price for advancing the plot forward"

I love Narrator Lady

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Samurai 8 continues to be okay but incredibly hard to visually parse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I've been reading the Official scans and it's way better scanned and cleaned.

But yeah its dense.