Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Well, probably less that the key is "her" and more that the key is only there if "she" is there (although clearly she can hide it when she wants.

*during a conversation with an entity deceptively called God and more appropriately called The Dee Em*

"So if I teleport, the key comes with me?"

"Yeah"

"Ok, but I took the Mass of Worms bestial prestige class from this obscure book. If I shift into worm form does it come with me then?"

"Sure, why not?"

"...innnnteresting"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Rotten Red Rod posted:

My eyes kind of glaze over when the "relative power level" talk begins here because I get the feeling the whole eventual point of the comic is that that crap doesn't really matter. (That and I feel the ever-increasing power levels are what ruined DBZ.)

I'm glad there are still things we can depend on!

Consider: there is no such thing as a power level.

But for real increasingly escalating power levels can't be shown to not matter without them explicitly mattering.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Operant posted:

Top tier is obviously YISUN, bottom tier is also YISUN though. It's all YISUN.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Demiurge4 posted:

loving hell.

Fake edit: Notice how her key went pop and she immediately disintegrated? That must be Gog Agog's self in some way.

i'm assuming there's some small critical mass of worms that go along with it since i don't think the keys are capable of having agency by themselves

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

President Ark posted:

i'm assuming there's some small critical mass of worms that go along with it since i don't think the keys are capable of having agency by themselves

I mean, the alt-text did say 'exeunt', not 'exit'.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Neato, mwah mwah also mega creepy exit. I love it!

Only tiny bit of disappointment is that Allison didnt go 'who the gently caress is that?'

ps. how much do you regret making allison's dress cherry print

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
So far only Incubus and Gog-Agog have figured out that Allison is the protagonist, and of the two Gog-Agog's the one with an actual grasp of what a protagonist is (presumably because her hobby / profession is entertainment media).

When she says she's smart, she might be right.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

“Absolutely NO SUPPLICATION necessary. Take worm as advised. ENJOY.”

– Print pamphlet of unknown origin. Titled “Instructions for Worm.” (5 by 10, crudely illustrated, recycled print, est. 240 SC).

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

President Ark posted:

I presume that every supplicant of Gog-Agog can have the worms inside them go "active" and have the key just teleport onto their forehead if Gog wants to go wherever they are.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Maybe it's Gog Agog's one party trick she's any good at, and she's really proud of it and wants to sgow it off.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

They call me Gog-Agog. I'm not a real god but I am a real worm.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
And we're only halfway through King of Swords :allears:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Operant posted:

I think so, there'll be a bigass kung-fu tournament kind of thing in the next chapter so I'll need designs for that.

Also *Cough* We're getting close to maybe another fan character competition.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
If that's Gog, who's Jegus?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

MonsieurChoc posted:

the alternate Romans were very surprised by the events that followed Jegus' crucifixion (which, incidentally, got excellent ratings on the Gog-Agog Multiversal Broadcast Network)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

MonsieurChoc posted:

"Who?" - Mottom, 239 SC

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

poo poo I ate the worm

wait

ok no hahaha everything is fine, and I feel great

get you some Gog-Agog Mezcal sometime

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Hi, hello, Instruction for a Help is eleven years old and we are all decrepit and old and inches from death.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

pseudorandom name posted:

Hi, hello, Instruction for a Help is eleven years old and we are all decrepit and old and inches from death.

it's that old? poo poo, guess i need to add more fruit to my diet

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Oxxidation posted:

she doesn’t do a whole lot period. that’s Jadis, the prophesying paperweight

Oh wow she's the one encased in glass(?) lazily whispering prophecies that others interpret how they want anyway? Looking at secrets fucks you up quite a bit huh.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Jegus-Asugej

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Meanwhile, this is what Wikipedia says "Lord Jagganath"
looks like:

Mindblast posted:

Oh wow she's the one encased in glass(?) lazily whispering prophecies that others interpret how they want anyway? Looking at secrets fucks you up quite a bit huh.
More of a "seared by the absolute and pure light of complete knowledge" sort of situation, but yes.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 22, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

yeah well ialdabaoth is a false god who stole power from the true god and used it for his own aggrandizement and that bears no resemblance at all to yabalchoath, so

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dead Reckoning posted:

looks like:

Oh chill tree killing god why didn't you say

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Dead Reckoning posted:

looks like:

More of a "seared by the absolute and pure light of complete knowledge" sort of situation, but yes.

That kinda sounds like the biggest secret of them all! :v:

I totes didn't connect the prophetic zombie corpse lady to the asian demiurge. I'm sure other poo poo just like it wooshed past me.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So the truth is revealed.

Gog-Agog's head is actually filled with baked beans in tomato sauce.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Aaand we have a new winner for the most disturbing scene in the comic yet...

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I am amped for the MOTHER-FUCKIN' TOURNAMENT ARC.

I'm not sure if it was here or elsewhere, but someone pointed out that Gog-Agog shares some similarities with the Drug Lord from Unsong. I think Gog is a better parasite, though. Heck, unless she's bursting out of you she might not even be a parasite.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Woah she sorta does on the surface but thinking about it they're pretty different.

I feel like unsong is too different from k6bd to really have anything in common because they're fundamentally cosmologicaly too different. Like the first universal axioms just don't mesh at all.

The only CHIM-like thing that could be in unsong would be like "CHIM-MEH-MEH-MEH" causes ripe fruit to become unripe again or something. It's incompatible.

Also I laughed out loud during the whole "arm strong is thy right hand" "high is thy hand" part

Also Bernie is for sure a kabbalisticly sound candidate.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
K6bd can have want and all this stuff, but it cannot have ein sof.

They can both have angels and devils but they're such a completely different paradigm there's barely any comparison beyond a slight aesthetic similarity.

They're drawing in part from the same well, but guys like the Comet King & Conquering King also are not similar.

I think the Comet King could probably deal with the 7. And prob Zoss. Even discounting it outta hand, in Unsong everything is already lined up for reasons. Kill doesn't have things line up.

All the angels and devils are infinitely weaker than the ones in Unsong. If you squint REAL HARD the demons in Unsong are sorta similar to the devils in kill 6b, but Himself would get chumped. Hands down.

I dunno I think unsong is sorta more humanist. There's 777777 universes in kill 6 and they fuckin don't mean poo poo, but unsong's individual beings are super precious and important in a kinda weird way. Like Arizona getting covered by in-use crucifixes is more hosed up than solly-d's planet getting scrapped

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
gently caress I have weird deja vu. poo poo I might have posted this same crap, or seven argued the opposite before

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Oh man, now I have to rank the Dem nominees on kabbalistic power. It's hard to beat a Trump- and I love that the kabbalistic power of the name Trump is why he became president in a story that was written in 2015-2016.

Also, if the thread doesn't know what we're talking about, y'all should read this very good piece of fiction.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What's the kabbalistic power of Nicolae Ceausescu?

Please continue to rank every world leader, historical and present.

I'd appreciate a handy list and PowerPoint presentation.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

SniperWoreConverse posted:

the guy did a whole chapter about the nominative deterministic/kabbalist significance of the 2016 candidates

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I just don't love, at all, SlateStarCodex Guy's writing style or aesthetics, so I'm gonna skip Unsong.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

GreyjoyBastard posted:

When she says she's smart, she might be right.

The real smart move would have been asking to eat one of Allison's worms(fingers) and become a part of her instead. :colbert:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Unsong was great but the few times his CHUD/"perfectly rational lolbretarian" politics snuck in they completely threw me off.

Hilary represents the forces of the leftism :jerkbag: yeah sure buddy

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this unsong serial novel seems neat tho ive yet to really see anything that would make me think comet king would be more than a demiurge

the tangents the writing goes on tell me "managed schizophrenia" lmao

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xand_Man posted:

Unsong was great but the few times his CHUD/"perfectly rational lolbretarian" politics snuck in they completely threw me off.

Hilary represents the forces of the leftism :jerkbag: yeah sure buddy

dont think ive read that part yet but lmao thats great

wonder how long ago that was and how far the guys radicalized since

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Tollymain posted:

dont think ive read that part yet but lmao thats great

wonder how long ago that was and how far the guys radicalized since

He's one of the main thought leaders of the LessWrong guys, a bunch of Bay Area ~rationalists~ who think the main threat to civilization is Skynet and who have a lot to say about how the Left isn't ~rational~ about "scientific" racism.