Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BGrifter posted:

The Resident Evil movie was so bad I will never play a Resident Evil game because of it.

Galaxy brain logic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lord Lambeth posted:

The move and aim thing never really bothered me tbh. It's far easier to aim when you're standing still in the real world anyway, so it makes sense to me.

I've also easily played through re4 like ten times so I might be a crazy person.

But have you beaten it on ten different platforms

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Andrast posted:

No gyro no buy

Bob Marley covers lookin good

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Midjack posted:

Lol.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Galaxy brain logic

I play all the Resident Evils because there was a cooter shot in the movie.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Lord Lambeth posted:

Is it anime like sailor moon or is it more like full metal alchemist

please help me I'm so confused

The big bad guy is a long haired, bearded man called 'Father' who has secretly infiltrated the entire country with magic science monsters in human disguise so yeah, totally sailor moon

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus
Welp, I just bought RE4 yet again. Previously played through on the GameCube and PC, now in super Switch-o-vision.

I can’t aim. Why can’t I loving aim?

Seriously, I’m pissing through ammo like nobody’s business. I never had this problem with the GC version. Maybe it’s just old age creeping up on me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Coxswain Balls posted:

If I knew Shovel Knight had weird NPCs I would have definitely picked it up sooner. Love that Troupple dance.

The NPCs and story really add a lot to it. Very charming.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I am very possibly going to be house sitting for friends for 5 weeks this summer. I have my switch and I own RE4 on PS4, and I haven’t played it since the Wii. Chances I’ll buy it again on the switch for my house sitting gig? High. (I’m not taking my PS4 pro with me for the gig obviously)

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you can play resident evil 1 on the game boy color, the nintendo ds, the playstation portable and vita, and now the nintendo switch. epic

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I bought resident evil 4 again. I will do this forever. More RE4, more. More.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

PantsBandit posted:

I bought resident evil 4 again. I will do this forever. More RE4, more. More.

More es vivir.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

BGrifter posted:

The Resident Evil movie was so bad I will never play a Resident Evil game because of it.

I reached the same conclusion with the Super Mario Bros. movie.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i was really disappointed trying to play the mario bros games because they don't play like the movie at all

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Great jokes guys. Keep em comin.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Your Computer posted:

i was really disappointed trying to play the mario bros games because they don't play like the movie at all

The book was better.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

The real joke is not playing Resi4

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I beat RE4 on the gamecube

then I almost beat RE4 on the PS2....except the disc was scratched so that as I walked up the steps to the final boss the game crashed

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"You opinion is important to us!" says Nintendo asking me to do a survey for 30 platinum points.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

American McGay posted:

Your posts.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

whaley posted:

where the hell is psyvariar
https://twitter.com/shmups/status/1130661395148681216

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

gey muckle mowser posted:

you guys convinced me to buy Shovel Knight even though I generally don't like NES games and am lukewarm on retro games in general. played through the first level and got to the village and it's pretty good so far, although the movement feels clunky to me.

im really dumb and slow and bad at games but i beat shovel knight, so keep trying friendo :)

the only obstacle between me and the end was myself. be sure to fill up from the trout king and dont forget to blast magic without shame during bosses :hai:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Midjack posted:

lol irl

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

My niece is getting a Switch for her birthday, and I assume she will mostly play it undocked. What again was that protective shell/grip that the thread agreed upon to beeing the best?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

tuo posted:

My niece is getting a Switch for her birthday, and I assume she will mostly play it undocked. What again was that protective shell/grip that the thread agreed upon to beeing the best?

https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempered-Screen-Protector-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01N3ASPNV

???

maybe half the question

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

tuo posted:

Satisfye grip is the best in the market.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

ohhhh grip though. yeh I dunno. still gonna support spending a few bux on throwing one of those cheap glass things on the screen.

I was previously a screen protector sceptic :supaburn:

they good tho

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Inzombiac posted:

Satisfye grip is the best in the market.

A thanks, that's it!!! Now let's check if it's available over here.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Bulgakov posted:

ohhhh grip though. yeh I dunno. still gonna support spending a few bux on throwing one of those cheap glass things on the screen.

I was previously a screen protector sceptic :supaburn:

they good tho

Thank you too! English is not my native language, so I surely hosed up the question. I already got here the protective covers, though :)

tuo fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 22, 2019

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

not your fault, because same :tipshat:

switch is so dang good

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Waffle! posted:

The book was better.

If you mean the CYOA books from the early 90s, hell yeah. I had a handful of those as a kid.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Resident evil 1 is $30, cool

Barudak
May 7, 2007

nachos posted:

Resident evil 1 is $30, cool

Switch owners will pay any price.

You sick fucks bought enough versions of vanilla onimusha for 20 bucks that capcom knew they could charge 30 for resident evil

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Resident Evil 4 update: Game’s still real loving good. I beat Del Lago and Gigante, reached Ashley and most importantly I’m at chapter 2-2 which means RED9 BABY! Sold every other weapon because Red9 is all I need. Give me that stock. Give me that super sweet reload animation. Give me that range, firepower, and stability all in a handgun.

Red9 rules. Resident Evil 4 rules.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
red9 is the second best handgun, narrowly behind the base model with its special skill activated

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Bulgakov posted:

im really dumb and slow and bad at games but i beat shovel knight, so keep trying friendo :)

the only obstacle between me and the end was myself. be sure to fill up from the trout king and dont forget to blast magic without shame during bosses :hai:

I'm still bad at it but the levels after the first area/village are really cool. I also tried the other campaigns, Plague Knight seemed hard as hell but Spectre Knight owns so far.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

snograt posted:

Welp, I just bought RE4 yet again. Previously played through on the GameCube and PC, now in super Switch-o-vision.

I can’t aim. Why can’t I loving aim?

Seriously, I’m pissing through ammo like nobody’s business. I never had this problem with the GC version. Maybe it’s just old age creeping up on me.

This is for you and anyone else who's having trouble conserving ammo: Shoot for the legs, and when they're stunned in certain animations, you'll get the option to do a super move (kick or suplex, sometimes something else). Do that. And if they fall down and don't immediately dissolve, slash them with the knife (assuming there aren't 15 other villagers trying to kill you).

You'll be a walking artillery store with how much ammo you'll have.

Also, the game generally gives you ammo that you're lacking or ammo for the weapon you're not currently using (one of the two, not sure which), if you have multiple weapons. You'll be fine, not everything needs to die from being shot.

Also, don't upgrade your pistol whatsoever, until you get the Red9 (which you'll get by shooting the medallions). Upgrade that motherfucker all the way, because that is your handgun for the rest of the game (or should be :colbert:)

Other notes for first time through:
- don't upgrade your sniper rifle until you get the semi automatic one
- I wouldn't bother upgrading much with the shotgun until you get the striker. The exclusive upgrade lets you hold 100 shells! :toot:
- Save grenades, ESPECIALLY the blue ones. They'll never, ever damage you, and you will absolutely need them when villagers start losing their heads.
- always upgrade your armour, your carrying case, and I'd try and grab the treasure maps; the money you'll get from the treasures (And combining absolutely every single one that needs combining) will more than pay for the cost of the maps.
- READ THE TREASURE DESCRIPTIONS BEFORE YOU SELL THEM! If it hints at it being a part of something else, then it is, and you should look for whatever it goes with!
- use a walkthrough for that goddamned sliding puzzle with Ashley. Holy poo poo, what a loving waste of time that bullshit is.
- Be good to the dog.

Oxxidation posted:

red9 is the second best handgun, narrowly behind the base model with its special skill activated

This is valid, but overall, I think the power of the Red9 kind of helps you out moreso throughout the game.

Tell you what, there's an absolutely great Weapon Analysis FAQ on Gamefaqs, and I strongly recommend checking it out. It doesn't have spoilers in it (that I remember), but then again, this game:

a) is 14 years old
2) has such a ridiculously lame but also goofy story that no one should care
d) is the best even if you know what's coming.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 22, 2019

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

gey muckle mowser posted:

I'm still bad at it but the levels after the first area/village are really cool. I also tried the other campaigns, Plague Knight seemed hard as hell but Spectre Knight owns so far.

yah I have still yet to click with plague knight’s style

rail grinding knight felt much more familiar

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
And the Mario Kart mobile game turned out to be a gacha. Pass.

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/1131135096881176577

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Araxxor posted:

And the Mario Kart mobile game turned out to be a gacha. Pass.

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/1131135096881176577

wow no way!!

:o: