Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

I wonder if it's possible to get his nose un-collapsed. That seems like something you'd want to do.

I wonder what happens if he covers his nostrils and blows.

Also I wonder how being a heroin addict complicates the anesthetic parts of surgery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
That's not what I would expect someone currently on drugs to look like. I wonder if he got popped for weed or booze?
Could also be something as simple as missing to check in with his PO or show up on time for community service.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
His poor mother and sister.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
You could get that fixed, but it would likely be a prosthetic like Michael Jackson. It would look better than that, but something tells me he either views it as a battle scar or wants to make sure he is 100% clean before getting work done that he could ruin.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
It’s also possible he doesn’t have 50k to spend on cosmetic surgery right now. Residuals from previous work is all he is living on at this point is seems.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I mean Michael Jackson couldn't fix his nose and he had all the money in the world. Artie might need a fake nose at this point. Otherwise, he actually looks a bit slimmer and less "haggardly".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s driving a Range Rover

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite random Artie joke is when they introduced that British voiceover guy Sir Hard and Thick and without missing a beat Artie asked if he was related to Alan Thicke

AxeManiac posted:

I mean Michael Jackson couldn't fix his nose and he had all the money in the world. Artie might need a fake nose at this point. Otherwise, he actually looks a bit slimmer and less "haggardly".

Arite is going to have to start wearing these 24/7

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

He looks like Superman's sparring partner.

I wonder if he's forced to breathe through his mouth 100% of the time now.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Benjy was late again. Apparently this could be his last show now.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s been trying to get fired for years

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

prefect posted:

I wonder if it's possible to get his nose un-collapsed. That seems like something you'd want to do.

We need to get this answered once and for all. Does anyone know a plastic surgeon or doctor? I've seen this asked a million times and never been satisfied with the answer.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is the point tho it’s not like he’s going to stop snorting everything

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

euphronius posted:

What is the point tho it’s not like he’s going to stop snorting everything

Maybe he could get a cybernetic nose that gives him super-snorting powers.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

So is he in jail? I can't imagine him getting bail unless he's mortgaged his mom's house or something.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

So is he in jail? I can't imagine him getting bail unless he's mortgaged his mom's house or something.

Usually bail for a non violent probation offense is very small....even its was a large amount, then typically 10% is all thats needed....or he gets a bail bondsman

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

Benjy was late again. Apparently this could be his last show now.

It's all an illusion to hide the real reason he's being fired: Benjy was the mole that leaked that audio of the internal staff meeting where Howard was telling the staff to create fake Twitter accounts.

https://twitter.com/stutteringjohnm/status/1130948440479768576?s=21

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 22, 2019

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sand Monster posted:

It's all an illusion to hide the real reason he's being fired: Benjy was the mole that leaked that audio of the internal staff meeting where Howard was telling the staff to create fake Twitter accounts.

Lol wtf.

Hey Lady Gaga! Go on HS show!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

Oh Howard. Getting staff to create fake accounts is so 2002. Just buy the accounts/likes off of eBay like everyone else.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Really would not be hard to figure out who leaked that

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Sand Monster posted:

The most shocking part of this is that Howard puts this much work into booking guests at all.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

here's an idea howard: do a podcast aka something someone might actually listen to!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

Wow. That's really lovely and sad. :(

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I'd be terrified at the idea I've got to sit in a room with a guy making meetings and talking about core teams making stuff up. Scratch that, it's terrifying.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Im usually a Gary defender...but if he is a true "producer" then he will figure out how to book guests...the issue is that they never had to be proactive about it, and now they do and have no clue how to do it.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

This seems like the plot of an episode of Nathan for you.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
No way that's not fake. That looks like a lecture hall, not a conference room. S/XM can't get anything that nice.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I totally believe it is real and it's unfortunate, but I can't claim I really care...

What I did learn is that John has a podcast, but if you look at the episode descriptions every single one is him and some other no-names complaining about the Stern show and staff. I tried to listen to the newest episode and it is super sad. His stutter is totally back and he is just lashing out at people (but not in a funny way) and blames Howard for his lack of success during and after Leno.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
That leaked audio doesn't seem like a big deal to me? A goddamn car wash business would make fake Twitter accounts. I would have been surprised if the show wasn't doing it. In fact it's pretty hilarious he didn't think of this until 2019.

The only bad part is he seems like a bit of a dick as a boss. Oh and and the fact that someone in his crew is recording and leaking his meetings.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You are surprised Howard is a bit of a dick

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Hoobastank4ever97 posted:

That leaked audio doesn't seem like a big deal to me? A goddamn car wash business would make fake Twitter accounts. I would have been surprised if the show wasn't doing it. In fact it's pretty hilarious he didn't think of this until 2019.

The only bad part is he seems like a bit of a dick as a boss. Oh and and the fact that someone in his crew is recording and leaking his meetings.

Wouldn’t this be from pre 2013 or whenever it was that Lady Gaga first appeared?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Oh I figured he was just using Gaga as an example as she's as A List as you can get

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Its looking like my Artie death predictions of second quarter 2019 might not come true...

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
The Stuttering John podcast also correctly pointed out that, if you want to read all the non-interview content of the latest book, you can go to Amazon, select the Kindle edition, and "Look Inside." Prepare to be underwhelmed!

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I remember when Howard used to poo poo on guys like Gange and Benjy for using Facebook, then a couple of years later he is ordering his staff to make fake Twitter accounts to beg celebrities to come onto the show.

If Benjy was behind the leak, then he will have redeemed himself for every unfunny bit he ever did. Benjy Bronk...WE SPEAK YOUR NAME!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Holy poo poo, Artie DOES look like a Dick Tracy villain.

IF he's not relapsed or whatever, wtf else does he have to do EXCEPT report to his PO? He's not racking up gigs and doesn't seem to busy. God drat, dude, just show up.

No loving way he's clean right now or ever will be. I'm an addict myself and I know dedication when I see it.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Go back and find a clip of Howard yelling at Sal for missing this meeting. Sal was late because he was calling the McDonald’s in Iraq for an awful prank call
2012 or 2013.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Some of today's Dana Carvey interview is verbatim the same conversation they had the last time and Howard apparently doesn't recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDCbBLF1XH8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MutuEJh0snE

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

Some of today's Dana Carvey interview is verbatim the same conversation they had the last time and Howard apparently doesn't recall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDCbBLF1XH8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MutuEJh0snE

This is no surprise. Howard's interviews are boilerplate at this point. I haven't listened to either interview, but knowing that Carvey was on "SNL", I'm sure I could type up a list of conversation topics and I'd probably hit on ~80%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nothing like a book of interview transcripts followed up by an interview with Dana Carvey to show Howard is still on the cutting edge of popular culture.

Maybe next week we can get a studio performance by Enuff Z'Nuff.