Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mayor Dave posted:

If pelosi doesn't impeach now there's literally no hope for the country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Donald Trump doesn't seem very good at deals

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Just as an aside, I'm totally happy to build infrastructure. And my company will pinch every penny because that's what we do.

But we literally just need to have a bill that a toddler president is willing to sign. So we get funding to do the jobs that are already up for bid.

So...

Infrastructure week needs to end (or start depending on your interpretation of Trump's stupid bullshit).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1131225804141154304

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib
House speaker Nancy Pelosi is great and anyone saying otherwise is bordering on being extremely sexist.

:edit: psych

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Schnorkles posted:

Didn't trump say 2 trillion because he liked the sound of the number?

The trump administration is beholden to a senile toddler

do you ever stop and think about how the right wing in this country spent forty years making all the old people in this country retarded and carefully suppressing votes and gerrymandering so they could win with a coalition of old retarded people and then the old retarded people picked one of their own and they all love him because he’s the most old and retarded of all and so the GOP is entirely helpless in the hands of the old retarded monster they’ve created because they’ve entirely alienated anyone who’s not old and retarded???

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

omg lol

What: Trump announced a $1.5 trillion infrastructure plan, much of it funded by states and private investment.
What derailed it: The resignation of a White House aide over domestic violence allegations, reports that Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen paid hush money during the 2016 campaign to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels, the indictment of 13 Russians in special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation and a massacre at a high school in Parkland, Fla

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Joementum posted:

1.) Week of May 15, 2017

What: Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao promises $1 trillion infrastructure plan “in the next several weeks.”
What derailed it: Hours later, The Washington Post reported that Trump shared highly classified intelligence with the Russian foreign minister and ambassador.

2.) Week of June 5, 2017

What: The first official White House “infrastructure week” (which notably kicked off without a plan).
What derailed it: Former FBI director James B. Comey accused Trump of lying in congressional testimony. The next day, Trump accused Comey of lying.

3.) Week of Aug. 14, 2017

What: Trump signed an executive order he said would streamline the infrastructure approval process.
What derailed it: Trump spent much of a nearly 45-minute news conference meant to tout the order blaming “both sides” for violent protests in Charlottesville.

4.) Week of Oct. 9, 2017

What: Chao again touted Trump’s $1 trillion infrastructure plan without providing the details of said plan.
What derailed it: The Post reported that Chao repeatedly used taxpayer-funded private jets to fly to events when cheaper commercial flights were available.

5.) Week of Feb. 12, 2018

What: Trump announced a $1.5 trillion infrastructure plan, much of it funded by states and private investment.
What derailed it: The resignation of a White House aide over domestic violence allegations, reports that Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen paid hush money during the 2016 campaign to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels, the indictment of 13 Russians in special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation and a massacre at a high school in Parkland, Fla.

6.) Week of March 26, 2018

What: Trump gave a speech in Ohio touting his infrastructure plan.
What derailed it: As The Post’s Heather Long reported at the time: “This latest [infrastructure] week is happening while Congress is on recess, Trump faces high-profile allegations of marital infidelity, the Russia investigation continues to make headlines, and the administration grapples with staff turnover and contentious firings.”

7.) Week of April 29, 2019

What: Trump and congressional Democrats agreed to invest $2 trillion in infrastructure, even as Trump’s acting chief of staff and congressional Republicans cast doubt on it.
What derailed it: Hours after Trump’s infrastructure meeting with Democrats, The Post reported that Mueller wrote a letter to Attorney General William P. Barr in March complaining that Barr’s letter describing Mueller’s principal conclusions “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s investigation. Senate Democrats hammered Barr about it during a hearing the next day.

*Aileen in spring breakers voice* infrastructure week forever, baby

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Lastgirl posted:

thoughts and prayers to infrastructure week

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Pelosi doesn't seem to understand you can't maintain institutional stability in the post escalator world

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

shovelbum posted:

The next step is mandatory horny
Balls deep in hardened criminals.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The death of infrastructure week puts us into the woods. There's no road here. Who will survive in America?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

VladimirLeninpest posted:

House speaker Nancy Pelosi is great and anyone saying otherwise is bordering on being extremely sexist.

:edit: psych

Almost got me

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Joementum posted:

starting to think that the trump administration doesn't negotiate in good faith :thunk:

:thunk:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao pelosi just said trump has a confidence issue and can't perform

90 year old woman calling you a limp dick

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mayor Dave posted:

thoughts and prayers to impeachmentfrastructure week

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

a lot of i-words in Trump family I'd worry about

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cant fake the trump on a nasty dump

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

A Handed Missus posted:

there isn't

bye

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Bearjew posted:

Donald Trump doesn't seem very good at deals

:thunk:

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

do you ever stop and think about how the right wing in this country spent forty years making all the old people in this country retarded and carefully suppressing votes and gerrymandering so they could win with a coalition of old retarded people and then the old retarded people picked one of their own and they all love him because he’s the most old and retarded of all and so the GOP is entirely helpless in the hands of the old retarded monster they’ve created because they’ve entirely alienated anyone who’s not old and retarded???

they have most whites of all ages op

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
hope

hopey!!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Schnorkles posted:

shes a couple weeks away from outright rebellion at this point and probably knows it

Which makes it even more baffling she's listening to 20% of her personal advisors and not doing poo poo

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

TRUMP: The I Word!

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Whoever it was that did the toxx for a donation to a charity of my choosing can donate the money to North Shore Animal League. Thank you

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Welp I guess we're just gunna have to infrastructure ourselves, grabs vodka pours another drink

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I hope the Democrats split the party

That's really our only shot

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

shes a couple weeks away from outright rebellion at this point and probably knows it

you say the center is starting to rebel, what is your deeper read on what's going on? It's definitely not the center that is explicitly calling for impeachment, are they going to make a move to side with Trump and kill off all investigations to return to the sensible bipartisan compromising to the right that they believe is so popular with actual dem voters?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

i really love the implication that there was ever hope

tremendous content

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Basebf555 posted:

Whoever it was that did the toxx for a donation to a charity of my choosing can donate the money to North Shore Animal League. Thank you

baba booey

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

we're all going to die :hai:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
impeachment is a thuum you have to invoke once you unseal the label of decorum from the vocal cords

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Knight posted:

The death of infrastructure week puts us into the woods. There's no road here. Who will survive in America?

Ifvyou would just vote for team infrastructure we could destroy that forest and replace it with a super highway congested to a stand still will pickup trucks.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
tlugp

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mayor Dave posted:

friend, there's no hope for this country no matter what happens.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

don boys is the hardy boys sitting on each others shoulders in an overcoat

lmebo

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Chokes McGee posted:

Which makes it even more baffling she's listening to 20% of her personal advisors and not doing poo poo

According to leadership only 10% of the caucus is calling for impeachment lmao