Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
As long as rebel beef pushes back against vader/sootir/whisper, dengar is a decent choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is that Dengar really that good for those points? Ive only played him once since 2.0 came out.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

He’s finnicky. The dial is rear end so if you screw up the opening he doesn’t trade effectively. If that build dropped four or five points (basically if CC was appropriately coated) it would be fine.

Trick shot is optional tho. I’m not sure there IS a good talent for him today. Swarm tactics to bump someone else for the alpha strike?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
3 good PS6s is a pretty swell idea

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Is that Dengar really that good for those points? Ive only played him once since 2.0 came out.

2e Dengar is poo poo.

Just for the record. The 2e Jumpmaster is unfixably poo poo unless they fundamentally change how the game handles Limitedness.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

thespaceinvader posted:

2e Dengar is poo poo.

Just for the record. The 2e Jumpmaster is unfixably poo poo unless they fundamentally change how the game handles Limitedness.

If you could keep the crew slot while having the punishing one title it would not be so bad. Also if there was a combo that let you recharge contraband cybernetics that would be aces.

Edit: Just realised Jabba can do that.

Raged fucked around with this message at 09:16 on May 18, 2019

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

It would still be poo poo. Just marginally less so.

They nerfed the Jumpmasters in like, 5 ways, any three of which might have left it fixably poo poo, but all 5 just left it in the absolute doldrums forever unless they change how LImited works so they can make it cheap enough to not suck without making it possible to spam 5 or 6 of them.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about this.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

After playing an ARC for 6 rounds straight id sacrifice a goat to get Engine Upgrade on that ship.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
My FLGS got the Grand Championship for Australia. Soooo pumped. We can do 200+ if the shop rents out the empty space on the same floor.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Gitcher hot fresh N1s here:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2019/5/20/new-tricks/

Looks pretty shiny, I'm goign to struggle not to wind up with more than one I fear.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
That astro is custom made for ole or the other speed based one

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
They did it... they made Anakin's gameplay revolve around spinning, the bloody maniacs!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Iceclaw posted:

They did it... they made Anakin's gameplay revolve around spinning, the bloody maniacs!

They used the right quote to start the article

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.

bunnyofdoom posted:

That astro is custom made for ole or the other speed based one

It also makes Aethersprite Anakin effectively unblockable. Smart they made it Republic only, because that thing would be bonkers on Wedge.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

It's worth noting in that context that because it resets your dial rather than altering the manouevre, it only lets you change to moves on your dial.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Clock is now ticking on how long it will take someone to mod a proper reflective coating over the silver paint.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Madurai posted:

Clock is now ticking on how long it will take someone to mod a proper reflective coating over the silver paint.

Almost none, there are tonnes of chrome paints available.

I don't own any, or I'd be doing it straight out of the box.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Chrome paints are usually crazy fragile though.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

And super vulnerable to thumbprints, but actual metal coating seems unliekly to work at best. You'd have to electroplate them (I think?) and I doubt the plastic conducts well enough, plus that's a lot of chemisty.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I'm just gonna super glue tin foil to mine

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'm just gonna super glue tin foil to mine

Do that thing with the gum wrappers we all did in school

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
I wish the star trek of this wasn't dead

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

It was so bad though.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
How's the Battlestar Galaga version?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

smug jeebus posted:

How's the Battlestar Galaga version?

The bee-like one that abducts your ships is OP

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

And super vulnerable to thumbprints, but actual metal coating seems unliekly to work at best. You'd have to electroplate them (I think?) and I doubt the plastic conducts well enough, plus that's a lot of chemisty.

I assumed it would be something with heatshrink mylar.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://twitter.com/DelReyStarWars/status/1130881050006228994

Here's hoping for some new Rebel pilots out of Alphabet Squadron

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

I wish the star trek of this wasn't dead

I wish Wizkids hadn’t run into the ground.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Shouldn't that be Aurebesh Squadron?
:goonsay:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

TremorX posted:

Shouldn't that be Noodlesoup Aurebesh Squadron?

FTFY.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Ugh, sick of seeing Google everywhere

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

TremorX posted:

Shouldn't that be Aurebesh Squadron?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/High_Galactic

alg fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 22, 2019

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Gah, I've been out-nerded!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Brian says next wave is not June 6

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Whos brian

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

:iiam:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Brian was a game shop owner who asked the questions so they knew whether to permit w4 in an upcoming tournament I believe.

But yeah it's a pisser.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Got my first set of dice from a trial. Started 3-0 then lost to a Ani+ 3 Torrents+ 1 Arc. loving brutal match that ended with a score of 0-20.

Next one Went 100-129. Last shot gave him half to go in the lead. It was the most brutal tournament I have played in. Glad I could pull off 4-2, but drat one better roll could have changed everything..

I flew the Resistance 5's

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Got my first set of dice from a trial. Started 3-0 then lost to a Ani+ 3 Torrents+ 1 Arc. loving brutal match that ended with a score of 0-20.

Next one Went 100-129. Last shot gave him half to go in the lead. It was the most brutal tournament I have played in. Glad I could pull off 4-2, but drat one better roll could have changed everything..

I flew the Resistance 5's

I’ve really been struggling with the R5s not to lose on time against Republic in general and rebel beef with Biggs.

I’ve got two weeks before our HST and I’m considering a switch. But what to?

I’m half tempted to go Vader/Soontir, loaded to the gills, with like a fifty point bid. Snag a few points, run, reset, repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

I’ve really been struggling with the R5s not to lose on time against Republic in general and rebel beef with Biggs.

I’ve got two weeks before our HST and I’m considering a switch. But what to?

I’m half tempted to go Vader/Soontir, loaded to the gills, with like a fifty point bid. Snag a few points, run, reset, repeat.

Except for the one Vader, Soontir, Duchess list everything I faced was tanky poo poo. Lots of Ani with V-19s/Arcs, Beef and Kylo/QD/Tav (which was my easiest win).

I'm going to stick with the Resistance 5's for the last 1 or 2 trials, but I flew them as well as they could be flown yesterday and every match was a slog. Just have no idea what I would replace it with.. I would hate flying beef or flying ani and 4 generics.

Also, Vader is ridiculous for 70ish points.