Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Leperflesh posted:

The banner is the anglicized spelling "BYURO BOYEPRIPASOV" rendered in the free online font "Kremlin Starets"
The rest is whatever I managed to get out of google translate

as for my priorities, if you guys wanted a BuORD chief who actually owned the game, you picked the wrong guy. You are gonna get priorities based on how I roleplay this position.

Look, if people wanted competence, they came to the wrong thread :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

The banner is the anglicized spelling "BYURO BOYEPRIPASOV" rendered in the free online font "Kremlin Starets"

Oh man please don't use fake Cyrillic fonts they just look terrible.

Also if we're really going for maximum historical accuracy in our naming (lol we should absolutely not do this) then we need to redo a lot of the names to comply with the way Russian was written before the 1918 orthographic reform.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

quote:

Current states
Germany – Neutral
Britain – Friendly
Austria-Hungary – Hostile
France – Neutral
Italy – Neutral
Japan – Hostile
USA – Friendly.

Priority 1 – Budget
Priority 2 - Prestige.

With our states set, I set our research to the, interesting choices of BUORD.

A number of ships are put into the reserve fleet to balance out budget.

Then we finally start the LP.

February 1900

This is an auspicious start. That months delay costs us 1.4 million.

May 1900

After a couple of months of literally nothing happening, which I don't think I've ever seen happen in a game of RTW before, Japan gets annoyed with us.

Things are still looking calm however. 1.9 million is lost when our suppliers are slower than our construction workers. The haulers blame the weather.

June 1900

France are building a new defensive battery. Our scientists report problems improving our hulls.

July1900

Our spy in France, who says she dresses like that to attract the old French men with loose lips, reports details on a French armoured cruiser.

She's lighter than our own craft, and has smaller guns and less armour. She is also much slower. We have nothing to fear from this ship in a one on one battle.

Japan is having financial difficulties, while the USA is building a new CA. The French battleship seems to be pretty run of the mill, and that another 1.6 million lost to poor construction!

August1900

More land guns. Build ships, ships are the way forward!

September1900

Talks are held to limit the construction of ships. This would be a folly!

October1900

The British and French fleets are growing.

November1900

There have been a disturbing lack of breakthroughs this year.

I'm not sure what we are paying these people for.

There is that at least.

drat them, I want more ships!

As I've been ordered to be on good terms with Britain, I bite my lip and praise their ships.

**Krupp Steel** improves, and my day improves.

Now we're talking!

Every time I open my door, there is another happy scientist waiting to meet me with a pile of blueprints.

Wait! The French have invented **Krupp Steel** the same month that someone steals tech off us? I smell a garlic covered rat!

January 1901

The Czar makes an unfortunate gaff, and I attempt to cover it up by placing the blame firmly on Japans shoulders.

We are now ready to better defend our ports.

The French have had their own breakthroughs.

World tensions are definitely on the rise.

Several ships will be completed in the next year.

We have been running a steady surplus, so now have eight million in the bank.

Over to you!

It's now time for you to have your say please present your bill in a clear way, and if you support someone else bill, please state so by quoting theirs. I will check after 24 hours to see if we need a further run-off, or if there is a clear will.

We'll see how this works, and go from there, now if you can exuse me, I have to get a mouse out of under a cupboard.

Bloody cat!

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 23, 2019

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

I'm much more a fan of the Shitpost-class Badnoughts than accurately named ships that work anyways

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

vyelkin posted:

Also if we're really going for maximum historical accuracy in our naming (lol we should absolutely not do this) then we need to redo a lot of the names to comply with the way Russian was written before the 1918 orthographic reform.

Old orthography tends to be hilarious from a modern perspective so I would love an actual Russian speaker to really just gently caress us up in this regard

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pirate Radar posted:

Old orthography tends to be hilarious from a modern perspective so I would love an actual Russian speaker to really just gently caress us up in this regard

There's nothing super special about it, the main reform was getting rid of some extraneous letters that make no difference when you're transliterating anyway (who cares whether it was Ф or Ѳ when you're transliterating it as F anyway?), but there were a couple bizarre grammatical things that could come up. Like technically it would be EGO IMPERATORSKAGO VELICHESTVA to refer to the tsar instead of EGO IMPERATORSKOGO VELICHESTVA. Or feminine plural nominative case adjectives took the ending -iia instead of the masculine -ie, and today all plural adjectives take -ie regardless of gender. Tiny, stupid differences that probably wouldn't appear in ship names anyway.

The really big one is that if somebody was insane they could go in and add " to the end of all the names ending in a consonant, to transliterate the fact that Russian used to end all consonant-ending words with an unvocalized hard sign (ъ). But that would be ugly as hell so, again, let's not do it.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I will support any bill that includes "FRANCE MUST PAY" policies, however you interpret that.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

simplefish posted:

I will support any bill that includes "FRANCE MUST PAY" policies, however you interpret that.

Funny you should mention that...

I, Ivan Ivanovich Bacarrudsky, founding member of the молодая школа группа (sorry, yvelkin) wish to propose the Piracy Raider Act of 1901

1. Set our Intel Effort against France to High.

2. Seek to escalate tensions against France whenever possible.

3. Deploy the CL Diana and the CL Avrora to Southeast Asia. They will act as raiders in the event of war with France. With their slower speeds, they should fare batter against obsolete French colonial cruisers. They may also help us seize any unclaimed territories in the region.

4. Issue a tender for a raiding CL, the Pirat-class. Specifications: 23 knot top speed (higher speeds preferred), Long range, minimum of 2x5" guns, Monthly construction cost no greater than 1,200 rubles per month (cheaper designs are preferred).

5. Once the winning raider is selected, build 5 raiding CLs of the Pirat-class . Subject to the approval of the Duma (i.e. the Goons), they will be named Pirat, Ushkuinik, Karsten Rode, Pavel Jones, and Drakkar (I'm open to other suggestions!)

6. Set the entire destroyer fleet to Reserve Fleet status as a cost-saving measure.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 23, 2019

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

It is clear that unbridled aggression will bring disaster upon us all. Thus I propose the following act to counter this threat.

The Treaty Act
In order to prevent the world falling into war and anarchy, Russia will aggressively seek an arms limitation treaty for the size of naval vessels. The Naval office will actively encourage diplomatic efforts to establish such an arms limitation treaty. This bill will remain in effect until such time as a treaty is successfully established and in place for more than 1 year.

(gently caress France)

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

FIRE for effect Act

Initial studies have shown all of our currently equipped guns cannot reliably penetrate armor greater than 7" at 5000 yards; logic would presume enemy B's, and CA's have similar or greater levels of armor protection as our own.

Instead of firing ineffective armor piercing rounds, we should fire High Explosive rounds, that will disable their secondary and tertiary batteries, start fires, and send shrapnel through the lightly armored decks of our opponents and into their machinery, crippling them and leaving them vulnerable to our torpedoes.

Switch all ammo to 20% AP 80% HE

Target B/BB/BC

HE/HE/HE 4-6 (SEC)
HE/HE/HE 4-6 (PRI)
AP/HE/HE 7-10
AP/HE/HE >11

Target CA

HE/HE/HE 4-6 (SEC)
AP/HE/HE 4-6 (PRI)
AP/HE/HE 7-10
AP/HE/HE >11

Target CL

AP/HE/HE 4-6 (SEC)
AP/HE/HE 4-6 (PRI)
AP/AP/HE 7-10
HE/AP/HE >11

This change in doctrine will remain in effect until primary armament of newest class of B/BB/BC is capable of reliably penetrating 10"@10k yards or Jan 1, 1908.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I propose the Transparent Cronyism Act of 1901

Whereas the battleship arm of the Navy is crucial to Russia's maintenance as a Great Power, and

Whereas Russia's domestic warship building infrastructure cannot be allowed to languish, and

Whereas Russia's warship building must not be subject to the whims of potentially hostile foreign powers

The Admiralty Board is instructed to build one battleship of a novel design in a local yard upon the completion of the Dvenadtsat Apostolov. The Admiralty Board shall immediately hold a contest to select the design of this battleship.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Just remember, you asked for this.

***PRIORITETY ISSLEDOVANIYE 1 JAN 1901 ST PETERSBURG***
YEGO IMPYERATORSKOGO VYELICHYESTVA (NIKOLAYA II [VTOROGO])
OUR BELOVED TSAR REQUIRES NEW RESEARCH PRIORITIES STOP
pre:
Research Area				Last research		Priority	Levels
Machinery development			Basic			Medium		0
Armour development			Basic			Medium		0
Fire control				Basic			Low		0
Subdivision and damage control		Basic			Low		0
Turrets and gun mountings		Basic			Medium		0
Ship design				Basic			Medium		0
AP Projectiles				Basic			Medium		0
Light forces and torpedo warfare	Basic			High		0
Torpedo technology			Basic			High		0
Submarines				Basic			High		0
Explosive shells			Basic			Low		0
Naval guns				12 inch guns		Low
TSAR EXCITED BY POLAR EXPEDITION (STOP)
EXPLORATION SHIP ZARYA OUTFITTED WITH ENTIRE BUORD RESERVE STOCKS OF WHALE HARPOONS (STOP)
ALL RESERVE DUTY NAVAL VESSELS REQUIRED RESTRICT RECREATIONAL WHALING UNTIL RESUPPLIES ARE AVAILABLE (END)

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Grey Hunter posted:

We'll see how this works, and go from there, now if you can exuse me, I have to get a mouse out of under a cupboard.

Bloody cat!
I hereby move a motion to censure Grey Hunter for blasphemy against feline perfection.

I also second the policy proposal put forward by the honourable Bacarrudsky.

Bacarruda posted:

I, Ivan Ivanovich Bacarrudsky, founding member of the молодая школа группа (sorry, yvelkin) wish to propose the Piracy Raider Act of 1901

3. Deploy the CL Diana and the CL Avrora to Southeast Asia. They will act as raiders in the event of war with France. With their slower speeds, they should fare batter against obsolete French colonial cruisers. They may also help us seize any unclaimed territories in the region.

4. Issue a tender for a raiding CL, the Pirat-class. Specifications: 23 knot top speed (higher speeds preferred), Long range, minimum of 2x5" guns, Monthly construction cost no greater than 1,200 rubles per month (cheaper designs are preferred).

5. Once the winning raider is selected, build 5 raiding CLs of the Pirat-class . Subject to the approval of the Duma (i.e. the Goons), they will be named Pirat, Ushkuinik, Karsten Rode, Pavel Jones, and Drakkar (I'm open to other suggestions!)

6. Set the entire destroyer fleet to Reserve Fleet status as a cost-saving measure.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

sum posted:

Whereas the battleship arm of the Navy is crucial to Russia's maintenance as a Great Power, and

Whereas Russia's domestic warship building infrastructure cannot be allowed to languish, and

Whereas Russia's warship building must not be subject to the whims of potentially hostile foreign powers

The Admiralty Board is instructed to build one battleship of a novel design in a local yard upon the completion of the Dvenadtsat Apostolov. The Admiralty Board shall immediately hold a contest to select the design of this battleship.

I second the Transparent Cronyism Act

In order to pay for it I move the Austerity Act of 1901. All warships of above Destroyer size shall be placed on reserve. While obviously ships will be reactivated in the event of hostilities, they shall be returned to reserve at the end of the war unless our brave forces earn their pay by winning a war.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Leperflesh posted:

:golfclap:

Crazycryodude posted:

I'm much more a fan of the Shitpost-class Badnoughts than accurately named ships that work anyways
I look forward to our unorthodox naval approach surprising our enemies and bring glory to Russia and the Tsar! :ninja:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

:getin: this is a significant improvement

I propose the Far Eastern Readiness Act

Tensions with Japan are rising and our stance towards them is hostile, yet our entire fleet remains in our western ports. Since estimated transit time to the Far East in the case of war is approximately six months, that would leave our far eastern territories unacceptably defenceless for the crucial opening phase of any potential war.

Therefore, this act requires that a Far Eastern Fleet be formed and dispatched to Vladivostok immediately. This fleet is to be composed of, at minimum: Two Imperator Petr Veliki battleships, two cruisers of any size or class, and four Burni-class destroyers. Should the Admiralty decide that additional ships should be added to this fleet, the Admiralty may dispatch additional vessels at any time, but the fleet must not fall below the levels stated above.

Furthermore, as long as tensions remain at medium or high levels with the Japanese, the battleships and cruisers of the Far Eastern Fleet are to be kept on active duty. The destroyers may be placed in reserve subject to the discretion of the Admiralty.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I support the far eastern readiness act and the austerity act

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Probably shouldn't be going to before-Peter-the-Great variant in a game about the Navy, though.

Pirate Radar posted:

I am not sure anyone but a field expert would get it right since most modern speakers don't generally (except perhaps in some dialects) distinguish where ѣ was used. People just seem to stick trailing ъ all over the place and call it a day.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Splode posted:

I support the far eastern readiness act and the austerity act
Me too!

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Gentlemen, with our success in developing the latest torpedo technology (both the tethered and powered types) we must work on both exploiting this form of sub-surface warfare, and prepare for our opponents attempting to use it against us.

To that end, the Torpedo Act of 1901

1- Build additional torpedo boats, to bulk out our screen and raiding forces. In addition, should new technologies be acquired that relate to our light ships, we should expedite improved designs using this tech where reasonable.

2- Develop a dedicated minesweeper ship to counter hypothetical enemy attempts to mine our ports with tethered torpedoes (EDIT- angry memos from ByBoy insist these are now referred to simply as 'mine'. Or that he owns all of them. Or both)

3- Investigate submersible torpedo-armed craft that have become proven possible by the Americans. Our R&D shall continue to pursue reliable submersibles, and manufacturing should begin once an acceptable model has been designed

4- Long term- develop advanced torpedo warships as it is clear that cannon technology is peaking. Torpedoes are the future. Torpedo raiding cruisers. Heavy torpedo cruisers. The torpedo battleship. It is vital we avoid the potential of a torpedo warship gap

5- Investigate developing spar torpedo attack boats to be used as a naval reserve in the event of an invasion, and to allow the Navy to make effective use of penal sailors

In addition, we endorse the Austerity Act of 1901 that will allow us to maintain a larger fleet of torpedo boat destroyers, and the Far Eastern Readiness Act as our warm water bases there are potentially vulnerable to Japanese torpedo raiders.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
I support the Far Eastern Readiness Act.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I propose the Duck Act

It is simple proposal as follows.

1. Be building a bigger dock all the time

Is good proposal, one line. TSAR approves of Simplicity I am assured.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

I propose the Duck Act

It is simple proposal as follows.

1. Be building a bigger dock all the time

Is good proposal, one line. TSAR approves of Simplicity I am assured.
Quack.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
What do we know about the IJN right now?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

(Prince Valeryan Igorovich Urodlivyy, at a historical ball in St. Petersburg, circa 1899)

I would point out, my lords, that we do not have a Duma, and that we are merely advising our absolute lord, ruler, Tsar, Emperor, and my bosom 5th cousin, twice removed by the grace of God Nikolay Aleksandrovich. Bozhe moi, could you imagine if we had to deal with something akin to the English obsession with VOTING?

However, as a member of the VAAAGH group, I believe the following proposal has merit, and deserves your consideration. I've named it the "Русские созданы для борьбы и победы" theory of international relations.

1) The French have stolen our technology, our famed Krupp steel! We must view them as a hostile nation and set our attitude and intelligence gathering accordingly to HOSTILE and HIGH.

2) Deploy our CLs to Southeast Asia, so that they may hassle both Japanese and French shipping should we find ourselves at war with either.

Now, you may ask, what is the difference between this and the Raider Act of 1901? Simple. We shouldn't be building more raiders until our own shipping is protected. So:

3) Issue a tender for as big a KE as we can make, one that can make at least 25 knots. Once a winning bid has been identified we should build a dozen of them. I shall leave it to the Admiralty as to how they're named.

Make your choice wisely, friends, and remember, Русские созданы для борьбы и победы!

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 25, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Do we get to vote for multiple options? I hope so, with some type of IRV for the stuff wot costs money.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I made a RTW 2 thread in Games if you guys want to general chat: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3890183

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Leperflesh posted:

as for my priorities, if you guys wanted a BuORD chief who actually owned the game, you picked the wrong guy. You are gonna get priorities based on how I roleplay this position.

wouldn't have it any other way, friend

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Frankly it wouldn’t be a Grey Hunter LP without a constant stream of loveable fuckups before finally getting the upper hand through plucky grit.

And sinking the British Navy :getin:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Infidelicious posted:

FIRE for effect Act

Initial studies have shown all of our currently equipped guns cannot reliably penetrate armor greater than 7" at 5000 yards; logic would presume enemy B's, and CA's have similar or greater levels of armor protection as our own.

Instead of firing ineffective armor piercing rounds, we should fire High Explosive rounds, that will disable their secondary and tertiary batteries, start fires, and send shrapnel through the lightly armored decks of our opponents and into their machinery, crippling them and leaving them vulnerable to our torpedoes.

Target B/BB/BC

HE/HE/HE 4-6 (SEC)
HE/HE/HE 4-6 (PRI)
AP/HE/HE 7-10
AP/HE/HE >11

Target CA

HE/HE/HE 4-6 (SEC)
AP/HE/HE 4-6 (PRI)
AP/HE/HE 7-10
AP/HE/HE >11

Target CL

AP/HE/HE 4-6 (SEC)
AP/HE/HE 4-6 (PRI)
AP/AP/HE 7-10
HE/AP/HE >11

This change in doctrine will remain in effect until primary armament of newest class of B/BB/BC is capable of reliably penetrating 10"@10k yards or Jan 1, 1908.

FROM THE DESK OF K. VORCHUN
CHIEF DESIGNER, BALTIC YARDS
SANKT-PETERBURG

I second this. The armor of a modern fighting ship is too heavy to be penetrated by so-called AP shells. We'll win battles by ripping their superstructure apart with bursting shells.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Bacarruda posted:

Love it (although Japan should come next).

terrenblade
Oct 29, 2012

Infidelicious posted:

FIRE for effect Act

Target B/BB/BC

HE/HE/HE 4-6 (SEC)
HE/HE/HE 4-6 (PRI)
AP/HE/HE 7-10
AP/HE/HE >11

Target CA

HE/HE/HE 4-6 (SEC)
AP/HE/HE 4-6 (PRI)
AP/HE/HE 7-10
AP/HE/HE >11

Target CL

AP/HE/HE 4-6 (SEC)
AP/HE/HE 4-6 (PRI)
AP/AP/HE 7-10
HE/AP/HE >11

Seconded.

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008
Count dogsarentdangerouski counsels the Tsar to follow this wise course of action.

Bacarruda posted:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
My favorite fortune teller says that keeping Avrora out of Petersburg is a good idea...

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I assume Leperfish is just choosing whichever option he thinks is funniest since Democracy is western propaganda?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I presume there'll be a vote, but at this point I can't be sure

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Voting

Bacarruda posted:

Infidelicious posted:

FIRE for effect Act

Target B/BB/BC

HE/HE/HE 4-6 (SEC)
HE/HE/HE 4-6 (PRI)
AP/HE/HE 7-10
AP/HE/HE >11

Target CA

HE/HE/HE 4-6 (SEC)
AP/HE/HE 4-6 (PRI)
AP/HE/HE 7-10
AP/HE/HE >11

Target CL

AP/HE/HE 4-6 (SEC)
AP/HE/HE 4-6 (PRI)
AP/AP/HE 7-10
HE/AP/HE >11

sum posted:

vyelkin posted:

I propose the Far Eastern Readiness Act

Tensions with Japan are rising and our stance towards them is hostile, yet our entire fleet remains in our western ports. Since estimated transit time to the Far East in the case of war is approximately six months, that would leave our far eastern territories unacceptably defenceless for the crucial opening phase of any potential war.

Therefore, this act requires that a Far Eastern Fleet be formed and dispatched to Vladivostok immediately. This fleet is to be composed of, at minimum: Two Imperator Petr Veliki battleships, two cruisers of any size or class, and four Burni-class destroyers. Should the Admiralty decide that additional ships should be added to this fleet, the Admiralty may dispatch additional vessels at any time, but the fleet must not fall below the levels stated above.

Furthermore, as long as tensions remain at medium or high levels with the Japanese, the battleships and cruisers of the Far Eastern Fleet are to be kept on active duty. The destroyers may be placed in reserve subject to the discretion of the Admiralty.

So

Aye/Nay on each of these acts please. if multiple pass, I shall order them in order of the highest margin of victory.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

(Prince Valerian Igorovich Urodlivyy, at a historical ball in St. Petersburg, circa 1899)

I would point out, my lords, that we do not have a Duma, and that we are merely advising our absolute lord, ruler, Tsar, Emperor, and my bosom 5th cousin, twice removed by the grace of God Nikolay Aleksandrovich. Bozhe moi, could you imagine if we had to deal with something akin to the English obsession with VOTING?

However, as a member of the VAAAGH group, I believe the following proposal has merit, and deserves your consideration. I've named it the "Русские созданы для борьбы и победы" theory of international relations.

1) The French have stolen our technology, our famed Krupp steel! We must view them as a hostile nation and set our attitude and intelligence gathering accordingly to HOSTILE and HIGH.

2) Deploy our CLs to Southeast Asia, so that they may hassle both Japanese and French shipping should we find ourselves at war with either.

Now, you may ask, what is the difference between this and the Raider Act of 1901? Simple. We shouldn't be building more raiders until our own shipping is protected. So:

3) Issue a tender for as big a KE as we can make, one that can make at least 25 knots. Once a winning bid has been identified we should build a dozen of them. I shall leave it to the Admiralty as to how they're named.

Make your choice wisely, friends, and remember, Русские созданы для борьбы и победы!

Grey, you missed this option

e: also this one:

Paingod556 posted:

Gentlemen, with our success in developing the latest torpedo technology (both the tethered and powered types) we must work on both exploiting this form of sub-surface warfare, and prepare for our opponents attempting to use it against us.

To that end, the Torpedo Act of 1901

1- Build additional torpedo boats, to bulk out our screen and raiding forces. In addition, should new technologies be acquired that relate to our light ships, we should expedite improved designs using this tech where reasonable.

2- Develop a dedicated minesweeper ship to counter hypothetical enemy attempts to mine our ports with tethered torpedoes (EDIT- angry memos from ByBoy insist these are now referred to simply as 'mine'. Or that he owns all of them. Or both)

3- Investigate submersible torpedo-armed craft that have become proven possible by the Americans. Our R&D shall continue to pursue reliable submersibles, and manufacturing should begin once an acceptable model has been designed

4- Long term- develop advanced torpedo warships as it is clear that cannon technology is peaking. Torpedoes are the future. Torpedo raiding cruisers. Heavy torpedo cruisers. The torpedo battleship. It is vital we avoid the potential of a torpedo warship gap

5- Investigate developing spar torpedo attack boats to be used as a naval reserve in the event of an invasion, and to allow the Navy to make effective use of penal sailors

In addition, we endorse the Austerity Act of 1901 that will allow us to maintain a larger fleet of torpedo boat destroyers, and the Far Eastern Readiness Act as our warm water bases there are potentially vulnerable to Japanese torpedo raiders.

e2:

The Lone Badger posted:

In order to pay for it I move the Austerity Act of 1901. All warships of above Destroyer size shall be placed on reserve. While obviously ships will be reactivated in the event of hostilities, they shall be returned to reserve at the end of the war unless our brave forces earn their pay by winning a war.

This one too. I'm starting to think maybe you didn't miss them and that you chose 4 instead... in which case that's an oops on my part

simplefish fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 24, 2019

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Veloxyll posted:

I assume Leperfish is just choosing whichever option he thinks is funniest since Democracy is western propaganda?

So far my only officially recognized powers are to set research priorities, but I'm hoping I can expand my influence over time. Dunno if GH has anything in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

simplefish posted:

Grey, you missed this option

This one too. I'm starting to think maybe you didn't miss them and that you chose 4 instead... in which case that's an oops on my part

I think an option had to be seconded to move forward.

Acts:

Yea - Raiders

Yea - FIRE

Yea - Cronyism

Nay - Forward deploying capital ships to get blown up by perfidious and cowardly sneak attacks is a bad idea.

Infidelicious fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 24, 2019