Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Captain Baal posted:

There are no special intros with this group of characters

personal extremely okay with this because any novelty from seeing these wears off after the first 100 games of playing a team that happens to have a theme & I prefer the variety of the generic pool of stuff characters say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I skip all the intros anyway.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kongming posted:

I skip all the intros anyway.

:getout:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn0JeBtk3T8

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1026840/Ultra_Fight_Da__Kyanta_2/

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

The intro is incredible

There's a benchmark option for some reason

Netplay options are all in japanese????

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 23, 2019

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

This game is really good

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

come back here

Thank you for this, absolutely downloaded.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Big Scary Owl posted:

The intro is incredible

There's a benchmark option for some reason

Netplay options are all in japanese????

I'm happy my brain is so steeped in fighting games that I can understand this effortlessly

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
That alligator guy better be called Investi-Gator.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 23, 2019

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/MMCafe_Prof/status/1131806697314328576?s=19

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/shoryukendotcom/status/1131934895662616576

Did I miss some controversy? What is this in response to?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Fighting Game Thread V: Capcom Respects The Diversity Of The Controller.

It's about hitboxes. One of the SOCD modes allows dumb poo poo.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Diago got a modded hitbox and thinks that's how all hit boxes are and he thinks ps4 controllers are unfair.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
How hard is it to patch out walking forward sonic booms?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fuckin finally speaking truth to power against cheaterbox gamers. Thank you Capcom

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

RBX posted:

Diago got a modded hitbox and thinks that's how all hit boxes are and he thinks ps4 controllers are unfair.

Modded how?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
My understanding is it's not broken. It handles SOCD cleaning differently from others though, for him simultaneous left/right inputs count the second button pressed instead of canceling each other out. Even on a normal hitbox up+down=up. There isnt actually anything busted about daigo's setup beyond being a standard cheatbox.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Combo breaker starts in 30 minutes. Get in for Samsho auctions.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Not only should hitboxes be banned but those found using one should be sentenced to an oz style maximum security prison

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

No Wave posted:

My understanding is it's not broken. It handles SOCD cleaning differently from others though, for him simultaneous left/right inputs count the second button pressed instead of canceling each other out. Even on a normal hitbox up+down=up. There isnt actually anything busted about daigo's setup beyond being a standard cheatbox.

Get that rear end banned.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
As long as they don't ban guitar hero and racing wheel controllers I don't care

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ban all controllers imo, you must play literal mind games to win

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
hitboxes are hosed up. gently caress hitboxes and hitbox users. also gently caress hitbox sellers for marketing and pushing this garbage on to the community.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I've been calling them shitboxes.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i have a hitbox but i'm not a hitbox user because i don't even play fighting games

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Folks, everyone will agree that two of the worst kinds of posts are people complaining about television shows, and David Sirlin posting about game balance. What if I told you you could have both at the same time:

https://twitter.com/Sirlin/status/1132019136010178561

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grrm yomi'd the gently caress out of david

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
hitboxes are good because anything that helps people with motor disabilities play games is good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fadam posted:

Folks, everyone will agree that two of the worst kinds of posts are people complaining about television shows, and David Sirlin posting about game balance. What if I told you you could have both at the same time:

https://twitter.com/Sirlin/status/1132019136010178561

Ohhhhh baby

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

hitboxes are good because anything that helps people with motor disabilities play games is good
lol yeah this is their primary function and most common use all right

gently caress technology doping for real

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

same thing with steroids and weaklings like me tbh

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Zand posted:

lol yeah this is their primary function and most common use all right

gently caress technology doping for real

lmfao you musta been one of those guys complaining on ggpo a decade ago about how cheap it is to play third strike on a keyboard. Any complaints of modding can also be pointed towards modded sticks and pads too. It's great for the entire FGC that people have even more options to play and if you think its 'technology doping' go buy one yourself.

for the record I play 6 buttons on stick and tekken and other 4 buttons on pad because my brain is flawed

edit: drat ok nobody likes the hitbox here, capcom can just patch out SOCD's no problemo and I dont see where it gets stupid save for instant projectiles in UNIST (which also can get patched out). I really feel like the community riles itself up every few years about this when even in umc3 the community didnt flock over to hitboxes (edit edit: it was because capcom patched out any SOCD funny business too in that)

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 25, 2019

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

drjuggalo posted:

lmfao you musta been one of those guys complaining on ggpo a decade ago about how cheap it is to play third strike on a keyboard. Any complaints of modding can also be pointed towards modded sticks and pads too. It's great for the entire FGC that people have even more options to play and if you think its 'technology doping' go buy one yourself.

for the record I play 6 buttons on stick and tekken and other 4 buttons on pad because my brain is flawed

edit: drat ok nobody likes the hitbox here, capcom can just patch out SOCD's no problemo and I dont see where it gets stupid save for instant projectiles in UNIST (which also can get patched out). I really feel like the community riles itself up every few years about this when even in umc3 the community didnt flock over to hitboxes (edit edit: it was because capcom patched out any SOCD funny business too in that)

the only reason people havent been mad about hitboxes is because nobody good has been using one

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

A lot of really good/top players in Killer Instinct use Hitbox style controllers, but that game also handles conflicting inputs correctly so it never mattered. :shobon:

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
You can't patch out being able to switch cardinal directions in a single frame or executing DPs in 3 frames. Games have to be balanced around what is physically possible to perform and that stuff just isn't possible on stick so it's silly to pretend there are no issues outside of SOCD.

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

If that is actually the problem then it seems as though the community should move past sticks being the 'default' as they're really inefficient input devices for the genre as a whole. If ST was made today no one would look for an analog device to send digital inputs, they're purely a legacy thing due to arcade culture.
There are people coming into competitive fighting games who weren't even alive when arcades were a thing in the west. I don't see a reason to hamstring them because I'm an old dude who still plays these games and gosh darnit you need to play them exactly like I did even though I never had a choice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sticks aren't analog.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Aurra posted:

If that is actually the problem then it seems as though the community should move past sticks being the 'default' as they're really inefficient input devices for the genre as a whole.

yea they should use roller skates in marathons too

Zand fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 25, 2019

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

You can't patch out being able to switch cardinal directions in a single frame or executing DPs in 3 frames. Games have to be balanced around what is physically possible to perform and that stuff just isn't possible on stick so it's silly to pretend there are no issues outside of SOCD.

you can put in SOCD scrubbers right in the games like capcom did in SF4 and the worst you get is like, walking ultras (already possible on pad) but 360's and pretzels are way harder, theres already poo poo pads have over sticks that the community didnt care for years because nobody was winning with pads and even the smash community was stupid for rallying against it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

drjuggalo posted:

you can put in SOCD scrubbers right in the games like capcom did in SF4 and the worst you get is like, walking ultras (already possible on pad) but 360's and pretzels are way harder, theres already poo poo pads have over sticks that the community didnt care for years because nobody was winning with pads and even the smash community was stupid for rallying against it

my post had nothing do with SOCD and you didn't mention any of the things i mentioned that have nothing to do with SOCD.