Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Onstad's instagram just informed me that his baby is now 14, and I am an old old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

in a blink of an eye Clue Bucket will appear

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I also do not love the future.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Toebone posted:

Onstad's instagram just informed me that his baby is now 14, and I am an old old man.

Welcome to the only game in town

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oh man, carving the poo poo out of that glass of water and "I don't want him to waste the ticket!"

This one's full of great stuff. :allears:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

He Gets With Ladies
But In The End They
Do Not Like Him!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Toebone posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxsZtVahq6k/

I didn't know until today that his kid had come out as trans.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Toebone posted:

I wonder if the kid knows how many people in the world have a snapshot of the first year of his life via onstad’s embarrassingly portland soaked baby blog

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
The only thing I strongly remember from it was Onstad & his wife playing “Birdhouse in your Soul” as a lullaby song

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Hayden huh, okay

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zereth posted:

Oh man, carving the poo poo out of that glass of water and "I don't want him to waste the ticket!"

This one's full of great stuff. :allears:

I'm particularly a fan of rolling down the airplane window and also having the pilot fly at 15 feet above the ground :3:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"No more red wine. It makes you act out."

"No wonner we been-a so grouchy!"

the solution to the mafia problem? you guessed it: a glass of cold water

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's real simple: You get very nice on the stuff.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

gently caress the cookbook, finish the goddamn Dark Horse hardcovers. I'll buy 'em even if they're just strips and alt text

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

gently caress the cookbook, finish the goddamn Dark Horse hardcovers. I'll buy 'em even if they're just strips and alt text

Same. Hell, just put it up on a POD service or something.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The cookbook was never sent out to paying customers.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pershing posted:

God, could Chris not take like one or two days away from air frying poo poo to give us some Achewood? Biweekly, monthly...something?

back when it was "oh no i'm totally making more achewoods" those long stretches between strips were annoying, but it's fine for someone to say "actually i'm done making this comic strip. thanks for reading"

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I hear you on this although if he did the additional stories and commentary I'd pay a premium for them

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ryonguy posted:

Same. Hell, just put it up on a POD service or something.
I still do not understand why he hasn't done this. It's literally free money.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Probably has country pride. http://achewood.com/comic.php?date=01052005

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Onstadt 100% comes off as the kind of guy who would leave money on the table because he can’t handle the emotional labor of being defined by Achewood for the rest of his life.

Like if he ever accidentally thinks about the cookbook he just gets a nosebleed and blacks out.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DACK FAYDEN posted:

He's great at making achewood and terrible at literally everything else

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

WoodrowSkillson posted:

He's great at making achewood and terrible at literally everything else

I thought the syrup was supposed to be good?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Bust Rodd posted:

Onstadt 100% comes off as the kind of guy who would leave money on the table because he can’t handle the emotional labor of being defined by Achewood for the rest of his life.

Like if he ever accidentally thinks about the cookbook he just gets a nosebleed and blacks out.

Téodór, what does it mean that Onstad has depression?

It means he has trouble doing things like marketing his work.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I dunno, posting Oil Painting of Roast Beef # 23,118 on Twitter every few months technically counts as marketing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Please Onstad :pray:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
didn't even need to click to finish "simply because we were able to escape starvation in the richest nation in the history of the world"

is there an actual implied tune for that line, feels like it's too long to scan

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I know a lot of people consider the Nice Pete / Teodor storyline to be pretty much the end of Achewood, but there's actually a lot I like about it.

Try to win

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i crave the cookbook

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pastry of the Year posted:

I know a lot of people consider the Nice Pete / Teodor storyline to be pretty much the end of Achewood, but there's actually a lot I like about it.

Try to win

I kind of consider Philippe's return home to be the End of Achewood and anything after that is like watching the deleted scenes, alternate cuts and outtakes immediately after you finish the movie

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Phy posted:

I kind of consider Philippe's return home to be the End of Achewood and anything after that is like watching the deleted scenes, alternate cuts and outtakes immediately after you finish the movie

Eh, I don't know. Abraham Lincoln shooting a dog that ate a computer. Describing morning wood as an Urban Pinocchio. "Why I got to know code language just to get my chang-chang wet?" A cat imagines Guy Fieri's balls in his mouth.

It was on its way down, but it had a few shining moments there in its final months.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
There were definitely some failings there; the one that sticks out the most is Cornelius talking like he's puking up a thesaurus.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ullerrm posted:

It was on its way down, but it had a few shining moments there in its final months.

A momentary diversion on the road to the grave.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Phy posted:

I kind of consider Philippe's return home to be the End of Achewood

I've heard that idea from a few places and yeah, as others here have said, there is good stuff to be had beyond that arc, but it also feels like the perfect ending that he didn't plan on writing.

I'd also go so far as to say the unofficial end is where the verbatim and thoroughly stage-blocked transcripts for the ohnorobot search engine taper off. Even those of us that were reading in real time fifteen or so years ago rely on that to refresh our memories and pinpoint quotes, for the most part.

The Nice Pete panel I quoted earlier wasn't found by a text search for "wrestling" or "win;" I knew it was in one of the last arcs and I had to page through it to find it.

Pastry of the Year fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 24, 2019

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/futurecanon/status/1131653944642551810?s=19

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I think the post-High School stuff is still extremely good. Todd yelling so loud he auto-decapitates is like ten strips from the end.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
This is probably my all time favorite FYF

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I love how Ray wears a shirt, tie and thong to the office

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Stringent posted:

This is probably my all time favorite FYF

FYF was consistently funny

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
That ranks as one of the lesser FYFs for me but "Tyler! Are you fired?" is something I think about a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
As far as stinks go, Teodor's "Jesus Christ! Some guy's crappin' out a land salmon in there!" ranks high for me.

and the next page has some of the best back and forth between him and Ray of the latter years.

ryonguy fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 24, 2019