Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
No you see it's literally all of the field of anthropology that's wrong, whereas I'm right because I say so and if you disagree you're just blinded by ideology.

Fun fact, if you change anthropology to another science you can construct about 90% of right-winger arguments this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

pigdog posted:

Humans (and all social animals) simply compete dominance once or every once in a while, establish the hierarchy, and then cooperate under the terms of the dominant individual. That's how it worked in the stone age, that's how it works in modern democracy.

Nobody actually wants equality. The strong and the rich obviously don't want equality. Even the weak and the poor who would benefit from equality, don't really want equality, more likely they just selfishly want more stuff. Everybody, every organism is selfish. Every ideology that tries to ignore or change that fact, fails spectacularly.

Equality is in the interests of the weak because in they get more of everything in a system that upholds it. Like this is basic evolutionary stuff, those who maximize the resources they can get produce more healthy offspring and so their strategies carry on as well. For dominant individuals to be a thing, the rest of the individuals must be unable to challenge them without statistically losing more than they gain. It became impossible for a dominant individual to build harems once the weak conspiring together could get rid of any such individual and distribute their stuff among themselves without damaging the ability of the tribe to gather resources more than that dominant individual had reserved for themselves. At best, the strong could rule as a bloc that could defend itself from the bloc of the weak, but a tribe engaged in that kind of internal warfare would be unstable and ineffective so it was not generally a productive strategy for strong individuals to fight the rest but to be exemplary supporters of the rest and maximize the resources they individually got that way.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

these are some prime brainworm takes that Ayn Rand would be proud of

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

The youth organization of the True Finns tweeted this some time ago:

This etno-nationalistic take has created unintended consequences in the effect of officials rethinking about their funding. Halla-aho and his ilk have condemned the tweet, hoping they'd "grow up" and that this might be the "countdown for misogynists to leave". How much this is actually a thing remains to be seen.

This gives Mestari the perfect cover. He can condemn the tweet and look like he cares about being Not Racist so that he doesn't have to touch his own party.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Looks like I was right about Kepu getting maakunnat from SDP in exchange for their cooperation. :coolfish:

In addition, as I sit here drinking iso G vissyllä, I believe I've reached a conclusion: I have no real political, or any other kind, of opinions. Just a bunch of lies told in turn to myself and others.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
The internal struggles going on in PS are fun to watch. Now that the fash wing of the party is no longer the in-party opposition, they've started tearing into each other for not being fash enough.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
It's election day fellow serfs of the almighty EU troika Any conjectures of the final results?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

It's election day fellow serfs of the almighty EU troika Any conjectures of the final results?

Finland loses in another excruciating videotarkistus.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

What elections, today is JÄÄ KIAKKO day

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Election refs pretend not to see multiple obvious tripping violations and Paavo is declared king of Europe.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

bloom posted:

Election refs pretend not to see multiple obvious tripping violations and Paavo is declared king of Europe.

After video review, all of the ballots indeed read "Paavo presidenttiksi". The results of the elections stand

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

A magistrate computer malfunction had declared all Finns except Paavo as dead and only one candidate, Paavo, got voted.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Fasel looking up the last presidential debates on youtube: "this Paavo guy is good and fun to watch. Let's make him the king emperor of bog town" *makes it so*

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Paavo will make Fingerpori real!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Preliminary results with a few votes still uncounted for:

NC 20,9 (3)
SDP 16,7 (3) 01
Greens 14,4 (2) +1
CP 13,7 (2) -1
TF 13,1(2)
LA 7,4 (1)
SFP 5,3 (0)
CD 5,3 (0)
Others (0)

Counted 47,5%

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Our next batch of MEPs with 51,8% of votes counted. Bolded names are new-comers.

Sirpa Pietikäinen (NC)
Petri Sarvamaa (NC)
Henna Virkkunen (NC)

Eero Heinäluoma (SDP)
Miapetra Kumpula-Natri (SDP)
Mikkel Näkkäläjärvi (SDP)

Ville Niinistö (Gr)
Heidi Hautala (Gr)

Mauri Pekkarinen (CP)
Elsi Katainen (CP)

Laura Huhtasaari (TF)
Teuvo Hakkarainen (TF)

Silvia Modig (LA)

Nils Torvalds (SFP)

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 26, 2019

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Laura Huhtasaari (TF)
Teuvo Hakkarainen (TF)
:stonklol:

Siivola fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 26, 2019

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
viimein junckerille juomakaveri

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

ainakaan kissanrääkkääjä ei päässyt läpi

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That's the best possible result though.

The less time they spend in Finland the better

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Andrast posted:

That's the best possible result though.

The less time they spend in Finland the better

Mestari, en tiennyt että kirjoitat täällä! :tipshat:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nenonen posted:

Mestari, en tiennyt että kirjoitat täällä! :tipshat:

Huhtasaari loving off to Brussels is great

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

toivottavasti teuvolle löytyy nyt joku sauna missä se voi nukkua krapulansa pois

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Paavo's current party got one percent of votes, the rest of the lilliputs much less, why do they even bother.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Joko Ylellä on ennuste finaalin loppulukemalle, ei tällaista mestiskiekkoa jaksa

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Lopputulema ennuste ekalle 13:lle taitaa olla:
Cock: 3
DemiViherPersKusta: 2 kaikille
V-liitto och Bättre folk: 1 molemmile.

Brexitin jälkeisestä 14:sta paikan kohtalosta sitten saakin jännittää pikkaisen:

(kun 90% äänistä laskettu)

Parin tuhannen äänen sisälle on 4 ehdokasta.
:finland: Kannattaa äänestää :finland:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Laura Huhtasaari (TF)
Teuvo Hakkarainen (TF)

It'll be awesome to see the kind of "co-operation" they will engage in with the other ethnopopulist parties

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

suomi voitti jää kiekko ottelun

edit: huuto merkki unohtui, se on tässä: !

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Double Bill posted:

suomi voitti jää kiekko ottelun

edit: huuto merkki unohtui, se on tässä: !

I guess that statistical curiosity of Finland winning the gold everytime the Center Party has a bad election result has some bone to it. :v:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Golden Gate Bride posted:

After video review, all of the ballots indeed read "Paavo presidenttiksi". The results of the elections stand

SCP-66677

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
:geno:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

glunks

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

I'm so happy...even my megahangover right now feels ok...yay Finland! Suck dicks and lick clits persut!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

This was my face as well when I heard Teukka and Huhtis got elected

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Darkest Auer posted:

This was my face as well when I heard Teukka and Huhtis got elected

The one in the middle or the one on the right?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

:laffo: we might get our own Dana Rohrabacher:

https://www.is.fi/politiikka/art-2000006123568.html

quote:

PACKALÉN epäili 2014, ettei Venäjän joukkoja ole Ukrainassa. Hän on myös ihmetellyt, miksi Venäjää on syytetty malesialaisen matkustajakoneen alasampumisesta tai Salisburyn myrkkyiskusta.

He might be the next chairman of the parliament's foreign affairs committee.

Although Rohrabacher's probably just bought and paid for. Packalén seems like a useful idiot.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

quote:

PACKALÉN epäili 2014, ettei Venäjän joukkoja ole Ukrainassa. Hän on myös ihmetellyt, miksi Venäjää on syytetty malesialaisen matkustajakoneen alasampumisesta tai Salisburyn myrkkyiskusta.

Tämä Robinin uus tuotanto on vähän erikoista

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

C as in Cicero or C as in Celsius?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Jerry Cotton posted:

C as in Cicero or C as in Celsius?