Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

WELL gently caress MY BUTT AND PINCH A poo poo STAIN Y'ALL, WE HEADIN DOWN TO THE OL FEED AND SEED TO GET OUR BUTTS hosed ANONYMOUSLY SINCE WE'RE ALL CLOSETED

I heard this in Trae Crowder's voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

lol they even made it 69%

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Just noticed this quality response on that tweet

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

McPhearson posted:

...this needs a no middle name option.

I have four given names and surname. The one used to address me is the fourth of the given names. I have no idea how to approach this chart.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phosphine posted:

I have four given names and surname. The one used to address me is the fourth of the given names. I have no idea how to approach this chart.

Sorry, I didn't consider people named like French nobility :ohdear:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Randaconda posted:

The English and Germans apparently use this naming convention too. On chance, I looked up the Archbishop of Canterbury today who isn't even an Englishman and his father had 4 names: Gavin Bramhall James Welby

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I have three given names and one surname, which causes problems in countries where people expect two given names and two surnames...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/ShitpostBot5000/status/1131500062100656128

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Elysiume posted:

Just noticed this quality response on that tweet

okay I just had to extract and save that guy's awful header image at full quality because it's the dumbest loving thing in the world at the moment

I'm "latncy"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pastry of the Year posted:

okay I just had to extract and save that guy's awful header image at full quality because it's the dumbest loving thing in the world at the moment

I'm "latncy"

:wtc:

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

I'm "latncy"

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Randaconda posted:

In Sweden, 2-3 names is the norm, 4 is many but not unheard of, and "name people refer to you with is last" is about a 50/50 split with "name people refer to you with is first". Makes it real fun to interact with services that assume you're referred to by the first name in the list, such as when you travel to other countries and book things in your regular name and they complain that your passport has a different first name.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Phosphine posted:

In Sweden, 2-3 names is the norm, 4 is many but not unheard of, and "name people refer to you with is last" is about a 50/50 split with "name people refer to you with is first". Makes it real fun to interact with services that assume you're referred to by the first name in the list, such as when you travel to other countries and book things in your regular name and they complain that your passport has a different first name.
Am Swedish. My "middle" name comes first, the name I'm actually called comes after that. Then I have two surnames (had my mother's maiden name legally added to my name because it's a very good name), the first of which consists of two words, and the first of those words is meant to be all lowercase letters. The following word contain an ë.

I have seen my name get hosed up in so many different ways by different computer systems because they just can't handle certain elements of this. Once when I got a new Visa card they had just... completely lost the ë in the name printed on the card. Just removed a letter from my name. The fix is to make it an e instead of ë, but still...

KennyMan666 has a new favorite as of 13:49 on May 23, 2019

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My cool Swedish name anecdote: a friend of mine had two surnames and wanted to get rid of one of them. However, he hosed up filling in the form at the tax agency and now he has the same identical surname twice instead.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

I'm "latncy"

i'm the action grind pvp

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

How are so many of you guys featured in pictures

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Beeswax posted:

My cool Swedish name anecdote: a friend of mine had two surnames and wanted to get rid of one of them. However, he hosed up filling in the form at the tax agency and now he has the same identical surname twice instead.

...so is his last name Möòn Møõn?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

I'm "latncy"

He most love college football on Tuesdays because it starts with MACtion

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Both of an ex's parents and three of her grandparents used a middle name instead of their first name. The remaining grandparent used one of his two middle names instead of his first name.

They were poorish white southern Americans.

meme unrelated:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh hi Göndör

How are you?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I'm "latncy"

it's cool that prospect0r still has an online presence. wish he'd come back here

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karate Bastard posted:

Oh hi Göndör

How are you?

She looks so comfy :3:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lake Pontchartrain lookin like a snacc

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whhopps double post

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why is that lake bulging up in the middle?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

euphronius posted:

The devil is trying to trick us.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Cause it roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnxdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Karate Bastard posted:

Cause it roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnxdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

This post is so long I had to scroll to the east, perfectly horizontally with no change in Y axis

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

trying to put this on imgur seems broken for some reason so gently caress it heres the original link

https://i.redd.it/uhk8e5wkczz21.gif

Basticle has a new favorite as of 22:51 on May 23, 2019

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I put something on Imgur earlier and the sharelink generated for forums linked to a gallery instead of just the image. It seems you need to right-click > copy image location now

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

I'm "latncy"

multiplayer grind clan :heysexy:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

I put something on Imgur earlier and the sharelink generated for forums linked to a gallery instead of just the image. It seems you need to right-click > copy image location now

I did that and it wasnt loading unless I viewed it on their lovely gallery

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

Sometimes you have to refresh the page. Firefox shows urls in the bottom left for me so I can use that to make sure the url's been converted correctly.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

euphronius posted:

UwU

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Legislation I support.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Phosphine posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002