Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mulva posted:

What a profoundly sad judgement on the state of post Claremont mutants that that self-absorbed school shooter still makes the top 5.

There's Laura, Gabby, Goldballs and who else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well Rockslide is number one so.....

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
There were some real possibilities from the new characters introduced during and post-Morrison, but either murder sprees or M-Day put paid to a lot of them.

I'd put Pixie way up there, though, as well as Anole and Rockslide.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Sorry the Cuckoos take the list.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Quire doesn't even make the Top 10 much less the Top 5.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It will never not be funny seeing people complain about Quentin Quire or Damian Wayne. Yeah, they’re jerks, but they’re entertaining jerks, and it’s rewarding to see them soften up around certain characters.

Quentin and Laura are probably my two favorite post Claremont mutants, and it’s a shame they don’t have any real interactions I’m aware of.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

quentin quire is a terrible person but a great character

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
glob is cool and deserves a mention too and quire is a huge whiney rear end piece of poo poo white boy and im not sure why anybody likes him, but im pretty sure i lodged my complaints last time i had to be reminded that he kissed gwen lol

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Quire isn’t even fit to polish Damian Wayne’s boots

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Skwirl posted:

There's Laura, Gabby, Goldballs and who else?

Beak

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

site posted:

glob is cool and deserves a mention too and quire is a huge whiney rear end piece of poo poo white boy and im not sure why anybody likes him, but im pretty sure i lodged my complaints last time i had to be reminded that he kissed gwen lol

This is why I don't like him. There's enough disappointing white men in real life, I don't need to read another one in a comic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'd maybe put the Cuckoos above Quire, but I'm only counting them once, everyone else mentioned I like to various extents, but not as much as Quire.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Roth posted:

This is why I don't like him. There's enough disappointing white men in real life, I don't need to read another one in a comic.

seriously, i dont think ive ever read something with him where he hasnt come across like he spends his free time on reddit and making youtube videos about feeemales, and im supposed to enjoy reading that?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Open Marriage Night posted:

It will never not be funny seeing people complain about Quentin Quire or Damian Wayne. Yeah, they’re jerks

No he's literally a mass murderer. Like he went "Waaah I'm adopted" and just started randomly killing people, partially to impress a girl that would later kill herself rather than be around him. And that's basically his first like seven stories. Randomly decide to kill folks because he's a sad brain bitch. And then sometime around, I don't know, Wolverine and the X-men? Most of his past is just sort of forgotten, and he immediately transitions to punk kid rather than sociopathic monster. And personally I don't think it works, but hey. I'm glad if you like him.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

War of the Realms is pretty good as far as crossovers go, but especially today, it's really starting to come off more like an apocalypse story for people stuck on the ground floor of it all. Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men tie-in, as is his wont, reads an awful lot like some alternate-universe story where everyone else is dead and New York has mostly been depopulated.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

New York *has* mostly been depopulated. They teleported them to Avengers Mountain.

(Not to defend Rosenberg, since I haven't read it, but yeah, that's textual.)

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Well, depopulated in the sense that the people got wiped out. There's even a bit in the new issue where a group of refugees tried to get downtown and went from 100 people to less than 10 due to monster attacks.

It's the kind of thing that makes it difficult to swallow any kind of back-to-normal ending.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Wanderer posted:

War of the Realms is pretty good as far as crossovers go, but especially today, it's really starting to come off more like an apocalypse story for people stuck on the ground floor of it all. Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men tie-in, as is his wont, reads an awful lot like some alternate-universe story where everyone else is dead and New York has mostly been depopulated.

I thought it was a lot better than the regular UXM ongoing. That said, I'm 100% ready for Rosenberg to kill Sunspot for no reason at all in order to keep his needless carnage towards B-list mutants going.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Funnily enough, if you ignore the awful prostitution stuff from NYX, Laura was actually introduced to comics during a Claremont revival run on Uncanny X-Men. So she's sort of in a liminal space between Claremont and post-Claremont mutants.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And they later had to retcon that arc and have Logan say he was pretending not to know her for some reason.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Wanderer posted:

Well, depopulated in the sense that the people got wiped out. There's even a bit in the new issue where a group of refugees tried to get downtown and went from 100 people to less than 10 due to monster attacks.

It's the kind of thing that makes it difficult to swallow any kind of back-to-normal ending.

I felt that way after what happened to Paris in Fear Itself.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Black Cat preview up at Previews!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1131551442056220672
:rip: :smith:

IUG fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 23, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Uh oh.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Def. in on this.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Marvel out here doing the most to get me to stop giving them money

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I've been wondering how much longer Ryan was going to keep at it. Sad they're wrapping it up, but astounded they got to make that many issues.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

site posted:

Marvel out here doing the most to get me to stop giving them money

Tell me about it. I've been thinking of giving up floppies except I really like my shop, and SG was always going to be immune from that happening. It's a good thing I like Hickman and have been wanting Marvel to fix X-Men, otherwise I would have maybe just the new Gwenpool and that's it from Marvel.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Thank you for letting me keep at least something from Marvel on my pull list.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm gonna take them at their word that it was their decision to end.

I guess you can blame Marvel for not finding a new creative team.

Also, how ridiculous is it that something ending on #50 is Marvel's highest-numbered, non-Star Wars comic?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

And that's it's really like #58 thanks to Marvel's stupid renumbering spurt they went through. I mean, they still do, but not as bad as two #1s in one year.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Endless Mike posted:

I'm gonna take them at their word that it was their decision to end.

I guess you can blame Marvel for not finding a new creative team.

Also, how ridiculous is it that something ending on #50 is Marvel's highest-numbered, non-Star Wars comic?
I'm assuming those two are connected, and whatever Squirrel Girl comics they do post-North will get a shiny new #1.

Or they might want to wait for a property like this until the right pitch comes in, versus some of the perfunctory runs you get on big books vamping until [new creative team] is ready. Being unwilling to not publish an issue of X-Men every month is how we get stuff like Rosenberg's X-Men.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Letting a new creative team have a shiny new number one would be good for sales. I feel like Squirrel Girl is more popular in trades regardless.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
odds on making it through one whole arc?

https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/1131606210371829760

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

"Hmm, this looks fun, kinda standard, but I really like the tone, and..." *reaches second 'tearaway' panel* "I am 100% sold."

This is gonna be good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Oh come now, it's easily got two.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tell that to wasp

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Haha

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1131325977798356992?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
dark lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The solicit says it's a five part mini so pretty good!