Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
PSA: Apparently the ports of RE1 and RE0 are really rough, with bad load times and frame drops. RE4 is apparently unaffected, aside from some occasional frame drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Can I just use a generic cheap little usb dongle to connect bluetooth headphones while docked? If so, does anyone know of any that definately work?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pneub posted:

Can I just use a generic cheap little usb dongle to connect bluetooth headphones while docked? If so, does anyone know of any that definately work?

I believe you can but I don't know of one specifically

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pneub posted:

Yeah those work.

I don't know of a specific generic that works.

The official Playstation headphones work

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pneub posted:

Not definitely but there is a dongle that plugs into the usb c port when undocked which does BT audio so I would assume it could do the same but I’m not sure. It might only be able to route the audio through the HDMI port.

At that point you have other options though.

acems
May 8, 2019

PantsBandit posted:

PSA: Apparently the ports of RE1 and RE0 are really rough, with bad load times and frame drops. RE4 is apparently unaffected, aside from some occasional frame drops.

I've been really feeling the load times in RE0. There's a considerable delay between the door animation and the end of the load. Disrupts the flow quite a bit, especially in a space as segmented as 0's train.

It's a shame, because I've wanted to play 0 for years :( Oh well, I'll still finish it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DrPaper posted:

why does everyone hate RE4 and fangames now?????????

I never cared about either

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

PantsBandit posted:

Shooting in RE4 feels real awkward in handheld mode.

I was thinking this last night. Doesn’t help that I left my Satisfye grip on a flight.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

imagine paying 30 bux for RE1 in 2019 and getting loving frame drops on it, jesus

also DC Online coming to Switch for SOME REASON

https://twitter.com/CrocOclock/status/1131560375533658114

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

DLC Inc posted:

imagine paying 30 bux for RE1 in 2019 and getting loving frame drops on it, jesus

also DC Online coming to Switch for SOME REASON

https://twitter.com/CrocOclock/status/1131560375533658114

That's a weird one.

I kinda like the idea of an MMO on there. I think SE was tinkering with the idea of FFXIV. I'd totally play Star Trek Online on the switch, because I'm a big dumb idiot.

DCUO never really grabbed me. It must be makin' money if they're still porting it around, though.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I'll try it since it's free, but I'm not expecting a lot.

also I wish City of Heroes/Villains would get a rerelease/sequel, that game ruled

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ff11 on the switch you cowards

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shart Carbuncle posted:

That's a weird one.

I kinda like the idea of an MMO on there. I think SE was tinkering with the idea of FFXIV. I'd totally play Star Trek Online on the switch, because I'm a big dumb idiot.

DCUO never really grabbed me. It must be makin' money if they're still porting it around, though.

My one complaint with FF14 on PS4 was that I felt myself slipping deeper in and it wasn't feasible to eat up that much TV time. FF14 on switch would probably kill me.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

gey muckle mowser posted:

I'll try it since it's free, but I'm not expecting a lot.

also I wish City of Heroes/Villains would get a rerelease/sequel, that game ruled

The hero creator was so goddamn incredible. There were roleplaying opportunities no other game has even come close to.

I remember really enjoying my bone spurs/regeneration scrapper Inside-Out Man. I wrote macros so that he was constantly screaming in agony and begging for death.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

MarcusSA posted:

Not definitely but there is a dongle that plugs into the usb c port when undocked which does BT audio so I would assume it could do the same but I’m not sure.

I've seen those but they tend to cost like $30.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DCUO is an okay game. I played it a lot on PS3 and then eventually on PS4 with my dastardly villain power of "a gun" but I sort of burnt out time after time then FFXIV came along to destroy all other modern MMOs for me. The combat system can be very fun and a lot more "active" than your standard push 1, 2 combo stuff so if you're into capes and don't have a PC able to play that revival of City of Heroes/Villains then you could do worse than DCUO.

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008

Pneub posted:

I use a Creative BT-W2 I already used for my pc, it works wonders (but needs a usb to usb-c converter).

CliffyBMine!
Oct 2, 2006

Epic Megagames? I'm Epic MegaGAY!

Pneub posted:

I've heard good thing about the genki, but it's 70 buckaroos for the bundle with the dock adapter: https://humanthings.co/products/genki-audio-neons-combo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Will DCUO be cross-platform?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Don't play MMOs

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Andrast posted:

Don't play MMOs

You aren’t my real dad you can’t tell me what to do!

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Finished up Bayonetta 1 on Switch finally, gotta admit I did not have a very good time on it. By the end I was getting constantly frustrated by the QTEs that instantly killed you, and the massively long shooter segment before the final Jeanne fight didn’t help, plus the boss fights bar Jeanne were doing nothing for me, even if Jubileus was a great spectacle. Overall I definitely enjoy Bayonetta 2 and the Wonderful 101 more from Platinum’s Nintendo offerings.

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Len posted:

Ff11 on the switch you cowards

I would play the poo poo out of that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought in the newer versions you could just turn the QTEs off

acems
May 8, 2019

I have a hard time seeing the point of an MMO on switch when I use it mostly on the go, but I guess that would be true of any online-oriented game or even poo poo like MK11.

its also fully preferable to that single-player mmo-style rpg poo poo like DA:I or Curt Schilling's own Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

bladeworksmaster posted:

Finished up Bayonetta 1 on Switch finally, gotta admit I did not have a very good time on it. By the end I was getting constantly frustrated by the QTEs that instantly killed you, and the massively long shooter segment before the final Jeanne fight didn’t help, plus the boss fights bar Jeanne were doing nothing for me, even if Jubileus was a great spectacle. Overall I definitely enjoy Bayonetta 2 and the Wonderful 101 more from Platinum’s Nintendo offerings.

oh fully gently caress the QTEs

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Anyone played Legrand Legacy? It looks like a ps2 era jrpg trying to mimic the psx era, so it kinda looks cool.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Don't go playing MMOs
Please stick to the single-player games that you're used to

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I thought DCUO died with SOE. I know their successor Daybreak Game Company still keeps Everquest around along with a couple other games but I'm surprised DCUO survived.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

You aren’t my real dad you can’t tell me what to do!

How do you know I'm not your dad

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Andrast posted:

How do you know I'm not your dad

You may be his birth father... but you ain't his daddy!!

acems
May 8, 2019

Mercury Crusader posted:

I thought DCUO died with SOE. I know their successor Daybreak Game Company still keeps Everquest around along with a couple other games but I'm surprised DCUO survived.

revive classic swg and release it on switch

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Why ask for good MMOs when we can ask for bad MMOs like Dark Age of Camelot :getin:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So I've been playing Starlink and I noticed something weird that I can't seem to find any info about online. On one of the planets, I was going through and clearing out outposts and I came across an outpost I'd already cleared but it had a lot of these clear yellow enemies near it. I couldn't hit them, they were just frozen there, completely clear and not doing anything else. I couldn't find any way to interact with them, the game wasn't giving me any details or quests relating to them, there were even ghosts of their shots and explosions so there were these big yellow clear explosions and nobody was acknowledging it. I have no idea what this stuff was.

Was it just a really weird glitch or did I just miss what I was supposed to do?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Why ask for good MMOs when we can ask for bad MMOs like Dark Age of Camelot :getin:

That's the only MMO I've ever played... it was good

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I liked DAOC and it had some really good ideas and I liked their idea of fantasy.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Are we anticipating another Fire Emblem Direct? My hype has slowly been growing but I'm running out of Youtube clips.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

^burtle posted:

Are we anticipating another Fire Emblem Direct? My hype has slowly been growing but I'm running out of Youtube clips.

E3 is in like two weeks.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
New Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 trailer, focusing on X-Men:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo0zVxzilUw

Looks like Magneto is playable which is cool.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I am unreasonably irritated that Dragon Quest Builders 2, MUA3 and Fire Emblem all come out in July.

Give me some good poo poo in June drat it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The TT Isle of Man store page is amazing: there isn't a single screenshot or trailer.