Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Rockopolis posted:

For sale; Primarch boots, never worn.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
“Of course I’m a veteran of the Fictus Crusades, how dare you say otherwise?!”

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Defrosted Squat determined to bring back their people through non-grimdark means.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

Defrosted Squat determined to bring back their people through non-grimdark means.

This means "loving"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Time travel with a battle group of Deathwatch Marines all armed with Tyranid killer bolts. Ordos Chronos will have an issue but gently caress 'em they only exist half of the time anyway.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The Astartes' hypno-indoctrination didn't take, and he is hearing voices.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Years of brutal physical and mental training to become a battle-psyker only to immediately roll doubles and get possessed by Sh'aador the Soul-Flayer when he tries to pick up a rock with his mind.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
A dying Inquisitor Lord's sixth and final Acolyte, who must determine which of the five deadly Inquisitors can be trusted to fulfill their master's last request.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'm not a Nurgle cultist I just have really bad acne.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Bankrupted by the price of third eye contact lenses.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
"I'm Gay for my Living Rogue Trader Space Ship"?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Rockopolis posted:

"I'm Gay for my Living Rogue Trader Space Ship"?

Pounded in the rear end by My T-Rex Profit Factor

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

"Pounded in the Butt by the Ordo Chronos Inquisitor investigating my book 'Pounded in the Butt by The Ordo Chronos Inquisitor'"

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
Look, the whole regiment is shorthanded as is, I'll swear to you by the Throne the Ogryn knows how to use the kit, and at least he'll be harder to kill than your last medicae.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The finest gunslinger ever trained by the Imperial Bureau of Weights and Measures.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
J Jonah Jameson in a Hive city and hungry for pictures of mutant "spider"-men.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Tech Priest Ricky Edd MacGuyver

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Make Armageddon Green Again"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pen pal with a necron lord, but they mostly just talk about hockey.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bought some "magic mushroom spores" and grew an ork invasion in their closet.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Tonight will be session 4 of the Wrath and Glory version of The Edge of Darkness. The acolytes find themselves with access to the Third Floor of the Alms House, but time is against them as they are going for broke by staging an evening raid (approximately 1 hour before the night cycle begins). They've killed one of the agents posing as a Tantalus Worker, and the Haemonculite that mans the 2nd Floor drug lab, but not before said monstrosity buried its chainsword into perhaps the most delicate PC's chest dropping him to zero wounds right before the big showdown with The Churgeon and her creations. Retreat is not a reliable option at this point as the acolytes have not been subtle in their actions over the past 24 hours having killed a squad of Body Snatchers and Gang Boss Luntz in a gunfight earlier in the day.

This means Moran and his Enforcers will be on their way in force to stop them, meaning regardless of whether they press their attack or retreat they're looking at facing off against some very well equipped enemies.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

"This is the bizarre tale of the generations-long feud between a family of sanctioned psykers and a Blood Angel Librarian"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Their treatise on multidimensional educational counter-countermeasures won acclaim from across the galaxy but also got them put on the "dangerously innovative" blacklist and left them unemployable.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
"I say this, as the Primarch of the II Legion"

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Due to a cogitator glitch the incontrovertible will of the most holy Omnissiah, Menial 2905483-B has been selected as the Mechanicus delegate to the High Lords of Terra.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

"Dude, where's my Craftworld?"

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Big Trouble in Little Necromunda

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012
A Mechanicus serf cleaning the Titan's cockpit discovers that the princeps has left the keys in the ignition.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Lord Awkward posted:

A Mechanicus serf cleaning the Titan's cockpit discovers that the princeps has left the keys in the ignition.
Living here in Ryza
Fighting evils from beyond
You gotta find first gear
In your giant robot god

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Are there any good podcasts for GMing or creative writing. I really, really want to get a campaign rolling but I've never ran one before.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

SardonicTyrant posted:

Are there any good podcasts for GMing or creative writing. I really, really want to get a campaign rolling but I've never ran one before.

I often go here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3150535

Try and read your rpg rulebooks chapters on GM'ing, they're often quite decent.

GM'ing 101:

Try to have large events that you offer multiple ways to reach. Be ready for players to do none of what you wanted them to, and roll with their derails if you can.

Set the foot down if you have to, particularly in 40K roleplays that get bogged down in rules discussions. Just say "to keep the game moving, the rule works like this, and then we can look it up on our own time and settle it till next time."

Make a small collection of easily indexable characters and names, so you can pull interesting people out of hat when the going is slow.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

"Tsk, tsk, tsk - it's frustrating that human physiology is so frail that it can't hold up after having its organs transplanted 57 times."

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
“Who’s the man who purges all the heretics? LORD INQUISITOR SHAFT! drat straight.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
"I'm telling you, Inquisitor, octo-men are not a verified race of abhumans and they still look like three ratlings in a trenchcoat."

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

God forgive me, i've been inspired by cspam. Imagine a cult that worships a monitor with an ever-changing number displayed on it. The cult believes it signifies the Emperor's current favor and they spend their time trying to divine how to make the number increase.

I'm thinking it's part of a hive's maintenance logs, but after a purge by the Inquisition, no one alive knows what it refers to.

SardonicTyrant fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 24, 2019

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

SardonicTyrant posted:

I'm thinking it's part of a hive's maintenance logs, but after a purge by the Inquisition, no one alive knows what it refers to.

"The number has risen greatly and is flashing urgently, surely the God Emperor has heard our prayers and blesses us!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Government shut down his rations factory after tests showed there was large quantities of potato in the corpse starch.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

"Brother Two-four-five has been chosen to serve the great Omnissiah! Throne be praised!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Junior apprentice to the holy clerk of assessing and authorising the suitability of floral displays at funerals given the socioeconomic status of the deceased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

SardonicTyrant posted:

God forgive me, i've been inspired by cspam. Imagine a cult that worships a monitor with an ever-changing number displayed on it. The cult believes it signifies the Emperor's current favor and they spend their time trying to divine how to make the number increase.

It's an RSA token. Millennia have been spent trying to divine its significance. A recent archaeological study uncovers another one and when it is discovered the numbers don't match a religious schism divides the cult, leading to open violence.

Alternatively it's the numbers from Lost. See how far you can get before your players figure it out.