Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s like booting Morrison off Animal Man before he brings back Buddy’s family.

I also wonder if this has anything to do with them wanting a younger looking Batman if the Robert Pattinson rumors are true.

26yo batman with 6 adult children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

It’s like booting Morrison off Animal Man before he brings back Buddy’s family.

I also wonder if this has anything to do with them wanting a younger looking Batman if the Robert Pattinson rumors are true.

If Robert Pattinson was actually a backdoor way to have a Dick Grayson Batman again, I'd be 100% on that.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

site posted:

26yo batman with 6 adult children

Don't worry, they'll just get rid of Cass and Steph because they make Bruce look too old but keep all the Robins. Problem solved!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Darth Nat posted:

Don't worry, they'll just get rid of Cass and Steph because they make Bruce look too old but keep all the Robins. Problem solved!

Quiet, Dan DiDio.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dawgstar posted:

Quiet, Dan DiDio.

No, Bob Harass is the guy behind this one.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Covok posted:

No, Bob Harass is the guy behind this one.

Yeah, but DiDio is the reason Cass and Steph were pushed to the side for Barbara for ages.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, but DiDio is the reason Cass and Steph were pushed to the side for Barbara for ages.

Oh, I get ya now, fam.

I actually read some Cain Batgirl. Kind of hate they took away her spider-sense and let her talk 4 issues in.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
So I'm seeing stories about this being retweeted by "real" journos so this could be turning into a shitstorm lol

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Was reminded, making the new shipping thread post, that there's a special out next week starring DC's animal characters :)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr Hootington posted:

So I'm seeing stories about this being retweeted by "real" journos so this could be turning into a shitstorm lol

If that leads to Tom King getting the full 100 issues that'll be hilarious.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Covok posted:

Oh, I get ya now, fam.

I actually read some Cain Batgirl. Kind of hate they took away her spider-sense and let her talk 4 issues in.

Her having to be retrained by Shiva, and their fight to the death was pretty good though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Was reminded, making the new shipping thread post, that there's a special out next week starring DC's animal characters :)

What are the big animal characters? Krypto, Ace the Bat Hound, that horse Supergirl used to date, who else?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

What are the big animal characters? Krypto, Ace the Bat Hound, that horse Supergirl used to date, who else?

Streaky the Super-Cat, Beppo the Super-Monkey, BAT-COW

Covok
May 27, 2013

Her having to be retrained by Shiva, and their fight to the death was pretty good though.

Didn't make it that far.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s a pretty solid book up to issue 25 where the fight happens. There’s a couple tie in issues to Bruce Wayne: Fugitive/Murderer that are actually fairly solid too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't believe all the hatred of Gleek up in this twan.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

oh poo poo that's right Gleek is a thing now

gently caress yeah

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I really just wanted to remind everyone that Supergirl used to date a horse.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Covok posted:

Oh, I get ya now, fam.

She still has that (or at least she does through the original run). What's irritating about how people wrote Cass is similar to how they write X-23 in that nobody but the people on her main book pay attention to the character development they had. It was really bad for Cassandra. Some writers (Chuck Dixon for one) decided since she wasn't good at speaking meant she should speak in these sentence fragments. I mean, Cass is usually terse, but she talks in complete sentences. Usually with some ellipses, granted.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Of course it was the decision of just one higher up. It's always the decision of just one higher up.

Hopefully the internet backlash means that they go back from this decision and let King finish his run in his own terms. Even with all its faults (And there are many) I really enjoy it.

Cancel Heroes in Crisis instead.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Adnor posted:

Of course it was the decision of just one higher up. It's always the decision of just one higher up.

Hopefully the internet backlash means that they go back from this decision and let King finish his run in his own terms. Even with all its faults (And there are many) I really enjoy it.

One More Day.

Identity Crisis.

It's always one guy up top who pushes bad ideas with no one to check them.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

What'll be really funny is if they backtrack now that everyone's mad and then it comes out and turns out to be unbelievably stupid.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Sinteres posted:

What'll be really funny is if they backtrack now that everyone's mad and then it comes out and turns out to be unbelievably stupid.

I'd rather have a planned run come to an end and be swept under the rug if it is bad instead of it being shitcanned in the homestretch

Covok
May 27, 2013

Sinteres posted:

Batman marries Bane while Catwoman cries into her pillow.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Covok posted:

Batman marries Bane while Catwoman cries into her pillow.

I'd read that tbh.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Adnor posted:

I'd read that tbh.

Batman and Bane: The New Cuckqueen Adventures

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well I guess that answers my question! :toot:

BrianWilly posted:

How many bad books is King going to write before people finally stop giving him opportunities to do so?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Adnor posted:

It's getting cancelled next Wednesday.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
I realize I'm saying this from the combination comfort/terror of unskilled corporate labor, but I feel like if I was King and the came back and asked me to write the issues right after cancelling the issues I'd politely ask them to kiss my rear end.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Dreqqus posted:

I realize I'm saying this from the combination comfort/terror of unskilled corporate labor, but I feel like if I was King and the came back and asked me to write the issues right after cancelling the issues I'd politely ask them to kiss my rear end.

He's under exclusive contract, and the man's got to eat.

The real question is which Marvel character will he write when he switches exclusivity after his contract is up?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

frameset posted:

The real question is which Marvel character will he write when he switches exclusivity after his contract is up?

How terrible has Daredevil's life been lately?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Dawgstar posted:

How terrible has Daredevil's life been lately?

Zdarsky's writing it and after denying it for a while then realizing that yeah a dude died because of him, it looks like Matty is giving up the mask for some amount of time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

frameset posted:

"Exclusive" just means he can't write for Marvel. I'm sure he has an idea or two he could pitch to Image or Boom! or Dark Horse or Avatar or whoever.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah King and Gerard seem to have enough clout that they could be going off and making bank at an indie book, at least for a while.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1132038584100196353

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

"12-issue BATMAN/CATWOMAN series by Tom King and Clay Mann"

Told youse it was marketing BS (e: or just him not being able to clarify to people why ending Batman at #85 wasn't a big deal till now, letting speculation run wild.)
So Batman, plus this, plus Elmer Fudd and Annuals makes over 100 issues anyhow.

edit:
"allowing DC to incorporate the monthly BATMAN title into the larger DC universe and continuity"
I dunno what they mean by that.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:28 on May 24, 2019

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well that's one way to collectively own everyone cheering over how you got fired

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Nothing like a 5:40 PM Friday of a holiday weekend press release, truly some marketing wizards

Covok
May 27, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit:
"allowing DC to incorporate the monthly BATMAN title into the larger DC universe and continuity"

It means that they hated Tom King's work and they're just going to like give it to him some schlub and then probably Bendis and try to make it more like how marketing thinks the series should be.

I like Tom King's Batman, just to be clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit:

Pretty sure that roughly equates to "marketing wants us to do more crossover events so we had to get King out of the way so he could tell his story while still letting us do the marketing poo poo with the 'main' book"