Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dung defender looks fun and silly but he wants to Kill You.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

saladscooper posted:

Did anyone think the Dung Defender was an NPC when they first heard him? Because I did. I then died.

Well, if you visit him again later...

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
doma doma domadoma doma!

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Hwurmp posted:

Well, if you visit him again later...

You know what, I'm okay with this. We're cool, dung guy. We're cool.

Also: Don't you just love it when you're exploring a new area and then die horribly and get sent to a bench in another area entirely? Curse you, giant jumping grasshopper things...

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

Entropy238 posted:

doma doma domadoma doma!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HUNDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Alxprit posted:

They've only existed for three days and have already said a swear, not very true to the character :ohdear:

An accurate rp account would have the default Twitter avatar and would have never tweeted anything.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I decided to do all the Radiant (i.e. no-hit) boss challenges in the Hall of Champions because I have brainworms, and it's crazy how fun the Grimm and NK Grimm fights are. I never once felt cheated even though I got wrecked a ton, and I learned that Grubberfly's Elegy is just insanely good for doing damage while playing defensively.

Markoth can gently caress off though. Brothers Oro and Mato took me way too long and I raged a lot, but Markoth has by far the stupidest Radiant fight... it's just awful. He moves like a complete dickhead, loving swords spawn off screen, he has almost no safe openings once he's got two shields out... man that was awful. I still need to encounter Pantheon five stuff though so maybe it'll be worse.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Markoth really sucks a lot. The final boss of Godmaster is tough but I don’t think it’s as bad as Markoth because at least it’s interesting.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Welp, after the White Palace and NKG, ive finally found the section that's derailing my 112% run: Trial of the Fool.

I'm awful at these endurance runs. I had it beat and got squished by the final boss when I took a second to heal in the middle of the room and he dropped on top of me. I had been using the walls the entire time and didnt realize his ricochet tracked you. That was like 12 attempts ago.

Fuucckkk

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

You can endlessly pogo off the bosses head and it’s totally safe as long as the rider isn’t also directly underneath you. Her jump is easy to avoid if it’s coming from the sides, the spit never hits you and you can just chase after them when they spin and start pogoing again.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Darox posted:

You can endlessly pogo off the bosses head and it’s totally safe as long as the rider isn’t also directly underneath you. Her jump is easy to avoid if it’s coming from the sides, the spit never hits you and you can just chase after them when they spin and start pogoing again.

You also ONLY need to beat the big bug. Ignore the rider completely. Just pogo and all you need to do is dodge the occasional jump slash and rolling attack.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Welp I got it done. All Bosses cleared on Radiant, pantheon five cleared... at first I thought the bindings were needed to unlock the last pantheon, so I did 8 of them, but I guess it was nice to get some extra health.

What an insanely great game. When Godmaster came out I thought it seemed like one step too far in terms of difficulty, and took a long break before trying it. Now that I've finally done it though, aside from a couple of bullshit radiant fights I'm just blown away at how well the game holds up when it's just pure combat.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Martman posted:

Welp I got it done. All Bosses cleared on Radiant, pantheon five cleared... at first I thought the bindings were needed to unlock the last pantheon, so I did 8 of them, but I guess it was nice to get some extra health.

What an insanely great game. When Godmaster came out I thought it seemed like one step too far in terms of difficulty, and took a long break before trying it. Now that I've finally done it though, aside from a couple of bullshit radiant fights I'm just blown away at how well the game holds up when it's just pure combat.

Congrats man. Beating pantheon 5 is no small feat.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Darox posted:

Bloodborne proves that if I whine on the internet about a segment of game I will beat it shortly after. I'm on the Pantheon of the Sage now. My second runthrough of this game is so much better than my first. Getting the movement abilities quickly has made everything so much more fun.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Martman posted:

But have you done pantheon 5 with all bindings for the very last item in the game?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

BBJoey posted:

But have you done pantheon 5 with all bindings for the very last item in the game?
Ugh. I wish I didn't know this existed.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzOY3mxTBag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2NEvQb2OeA

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Agent_Drago/status/1138140093879848960

drat.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Sequel's playable on the floor at e3, dunno if they're letting anyone record direct video but there's over the shoulder video. Here's the beginning of the game, after the intro

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The only thing of note is that Hornet crosses her legs when sitting at the bench instead of rudely manspreading like Hollow does so it’s a day 1 buy

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I just bought this game from GOG and my daughter said she hasn't heard me swear this much at a video game since Cuphead, but also hasn't heard me go "wow" like I did when I went through the City of Tears last night.

More.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gonna try and go 90% spoiler free into the game, like when I started Hollow Knight. I knew a little bit about it but had no real idea how amazing it was gonna be.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gameplay detail looks like you can only heal when the silk gauge is full. it's fast and gives you back 3 masks at once but empties the gauge. course this could easily change between now and release.

Also this isn't surprising but Hornet does converse with NPCs

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 12, 2019

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
hosed up how they didn't give us a release date at e3.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Original is on sale for half price on Switch if anyone hasn't snapped it up yet.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mymla posted:

hosed up how they didn't give us a release date at e3.

please...i just need a release date.................

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Have they said if it’s supposed to be after hollow knight?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
If you listen to the *~lore videos,~* almost certainly after.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How the hell has anyone been able to pogo to the fury of the fallen without the longer nail!? Just tried that for an hour; my thumb feels raw. :psyduck:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Grouchio posted:

How the hell has anyone been able to pogo to the fury of the fallen without the longer nail!? Just tried that for an hour; my thumb feels raw. :psyduck:

something that's almost universally true in Hollow Knight is that there is no secret to solving gameplay obstacles (with a handful of exceptions, like the importance of heal efficiency-boosting charms in White Palace)

you just keep trying till you git gud

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 13, 2019

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The one exception is Flukenest.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Johnny Joestar posted:

please...i just need a release date.................

The nintendo direct gave a ton of dates, a ton of things down to the quarter - Silk Song was labelled "soon". They're doing indie games on treehouse today, hoping we get more.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

YggiDee posted:

The one exception is Flukenest.

didn't Flukenest get nerfed to hell

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Looking real good.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I've never used pre-nerf Flukenest, it's just gone from 'comically broken' to 'actually still remarkably strong'.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Flukenest will remain powerful as long as you can combine it with Defender's Crest to throw a giant wormy fart balloon at your enemies.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Which version is the Switch version? Is it the Voidheart Edition that comes with all the DLC or am I going to get nickel and dimed by Nintendo?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s the one with the DLC.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

All versions of Hollow Knight come with all the DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
These are pretty cool
https://twitter.com/Samuel_umumum/status/1139426780849139712