Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
While qp has a "rating", it matches much more loosely than comp because the priority is getting you a quick match rather than a fair one. Qp is absolutely not just "comp without a number attached" and will regularly place you in skewed matches unless you happen to be completely average, in which case it has the largest possible pool of players to fairly match you with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I decided to play Comp after a taking a several season break. The second LFG I joined as a flex spot. The guy was like "oh nice you can do anything it looks like." I said, "yeah, I'd like to play Mei if possible but I'll work as a team."

He goes, "YOU HAVE CARRY US, YOU RESPOND TO WHAT THE TEAM NEEDS."

I said, "so I have to shoulder the weight of the entire team?"

He says, "Yea!"

I said, "Good thing Mei's legs are so sturdy."

He kicked me. I think I won that one.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Wildtortilla posted:

I said, "Good thing Mei's legs are so sturdy."

He kicked me. I think I won that one.

Lol

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I started playing comp again after a multi-season break and have had a grand old time solo-queuing. Great to hear the LFG mean girls are still out in full force.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I can't believe I never noticed that sticking someone with a pulse bomb actually does damage. just saw someone stick one to a soldier and they fell over dead from it. pulse bomb kill in the feed while the bomb was still on the ground about to go off

does it do 5 like a sleep dart?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I can't believe it took me 3 years to realize that a game whose enjoyment relies on 6 incompetent strangers coordinating with each other is not a good idea

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Montalvo posted:

I can't believe it took me 3 years to realize that a game whose enjoyment relies on 6 incompetent strangers coordinating with each other is not a good idea

I work alone so I get a weird sense of ‘oh so this is what a normal job is like’ whenever I queue in comp and realise I have to work with complete morons. Somehow my broken brain craves the challenge to suppress the urge to just call them all morons and rage quit. Being a human is fuckin weird

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Unlike at a job, you can just mute them

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah but I’m way too crap at this game to carry so tbh I’d rather just deal with it bc I like it

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Go figure, I got the new Mercy skin...and immediately hit a losing streak. :xcom: but with Overwatch.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

drat I shouldve mained Winston a lot earlier, nothing like the team going 'uh oh they got a phamercy' for me to then to poo poo on them with my good ape boi

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
D.Va I can see. How in piss does Winston crap on pharmacy either of whose pairing has their monitor turned on?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Rirse posted:

Go figure, I got the new Mercy skin...and immediately hit a losing streak. :xcom: but with Overwatch.

People when they see my sun Lucio: omg this player is best
Me on Lucio: never rides walls, frequently forgets I have a gun

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Willie Tomg posted:

D.Va I can see. How in piss does Winston crap on pharmacy either of whose pairing has their monitor turned on?

I think the Phamercy is on his team, and then he beats them up while they're looking at the sky with hitscan characters?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i4T1VyjWxo

"I love lamp." - Baptiste

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
:siren: PTR workshop users :siren:

https://twitter.com/ItsMeMollyO/status/1130535781234282497

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the iframes you get when you swap heroes in hero gauntlet are kinda bullshit

e: mirrored dm is really fun tho. or would be if the servers didn't keep making GBS threads the bed

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 21, 2019

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Why oh why did they put out school girl DVA AND Honeydew Mei at the same time.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

game's 3 years old and doesn't pull in the numbers it used to, time to crank the horney to 11

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cowcaster posted:

time to crank the horney to 11

Finally

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Cowcaster posted:

game's 3 years old and doesn't pull in the numbers it used to, time to crank the horney to 11

They still didn't put speedo wearing high diver Roadhog in, game is dead.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 22, 2019

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rirse posted:

Why oh why did they put out school girl DVA AND Honeydew Mei at the same time.

They also finally gave Brig a "no fun police" skin.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

anyone who uses dva or brigitte's cop skins is themselves a loving cop

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

I hate cops but I use the dva cop skin from time to time.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

dont forget the 76 skin with this war crimes medals outfit.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

The only crime dva cop skin commits is that the sirens are not nearly loud enough.

Edit: also the selfie ult intro is extra good with that skin.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Laputanmachine posted:

The only crime dva cop skin commits is that the sirens are not nearly loud enough.

Edit: also the selfie ult intro is extra good with that skin.

"Officer Song takes a snapshot while bombing local housing complex"

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Finally a way to cheese the arcade wins.

Junkenstein, pick Brigitte, tape down M1 and stand on the left walkway, ignore screams for healing.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It’s a fuckin Ed 209, show some drat respect

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

AkumaHokoru posted:

I hate cops but I use the dva cop skin from time to time.

i'm sorry to inform you of this, but you are the cops

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

i'm sorry to inform you of this, but you are the cops

I'd kill myself immediately.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Honeydew Mei is the best thing in this game, game needs more Mei skin

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I only play this game for lootboxes, and got school D.Va and a couple purps in my complimentary box, so I can't complain too hard.

I do wish the arcade lootboxes weren't tied to performance, though. The hero gauntlet mode is terrible because most people who are very bad at the game and haven't uninstalled either got theirs or gave up already, leaving the remainder of people who suck at the game and just want some skins being punished by people who are actually good at the game's combat and got their skins long ago and enjoy the mode because they're good.

I tried gauntlet five times in a row and was last place every single time (I'm especially bad with Ashe because I gave up on the game as a regular hobby before she was introduced), so I gave up.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Any team can get hosed if they think I'm supporting pirate ship. I'm playing my Mexican Hacker and that's that.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

I only play this game for lootboxes, and got school D.Va and a couple purps in my complimentary box, so I can't complain too hard.

I do wish the arcade lootboxes weren't tied to performance, though. The hero gauntlet mode is terrible because most people who are very bad at the game and haven't uninstalled either got theirs or gave up already, leaving the remainder of people who suck at the game and just want some skins being punished by people who are actually good at the game's combat and got their skins long ago and enjoy the mode because they're good.

I tried gauntlet five times in a row and was last place every single time (I'm especially bad with Ashe because I gave up on the game as a regular hobby before she was introduced), so I gave up.

I'm terrible with Genji and Tracer but if I can survive the doldrums of those I usually manage to claw my way up into the top half. At the very least, if you go long enough to actually get your Ult that's usually a free promote if you don't whiff it. That's something most gun game modes lack: a mercy rule for bad idiots like myself.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Craptacular! posted:

Mystery Heroes is pretty good for that, inasmuch as it's not tied so directly to performance. Sometimes the RNG just decides it's time for one side to win, and the best lootbox-gaining strategy is just to let it happen and hope for better next round.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Was there a Mei buff I wasn't aware about? Her new skin has every Mei player coming out of the woodwork and Plat IQ can't solve her.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

mei-be she was in fact always good

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oh wow Baptiste is so much fun for me

I'm not even using m1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!