Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wouldn't judge VFX on a first teaser on your laptop.

They change a lot during production, see Alita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The little "~I'm going hunting~" moments in that terminator trailer just crack me up

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I can't believe this franchise still exists. Like it's impossible to keep them all straight in my head lol. It's also crazy to me how many of them have Ahnuld. I feel like half the pitch on all of them is: Arnold: He's back baby.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The little "~I'm going hunting~" moments in that terminator trailer just crack me up

It's not great.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have been secretly dreaming of the Terminator turning into a polar bear in the end like the original Bjork video for weeks

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Im an idiot person who sometimes likes idiot movies, so im gonna watch this one.

(In reality I'm a long time terminator fan, so i sort of have my hopes up, also the trailer looked good on my phone's small screen. )

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

porfiria posted:

I can't believe this franchise still exists. Like it's impossible to keep them all straight in my head lol.

It's really easy: The Terminator is the scary one, Terminator 2: Judgement Day is the fun one, and then you stop caring and save the brain power for anything else.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Terminator 3 was a lot of fun even if Nick Stahl and Claire Danes were a bit insufferable, I haven't watched it in a number of years though so maybe it hasn't aged very well.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Deakul posted:

Terminator 3 was a lot of fun even if Nick Stahl and Claire Danes were a bit insufferable, I haven't watched it in a number of years though so maybe it hasn't aged very well.

I watched it again recently and it was poo poo.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Is this the yeti movie that was weirdly absent from the internet?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Cameron has the rights to the franchise back in his pocket so at the very least he's going to have heavy influence over the film, for good or bad. He probably would have directed it himself if he wasn't balls deep in back-to-back-to-back Avatar sequels.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The fact that the dude has sworn in marketing materials that THIS new Terminator is gonna be great for every movie feels like he really doesn't give a poo poo about the franchise and is just happy cashing checks while it gets run into the ground.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

porfiria posted:

I can't believe this franchise still exists. Like it's impossible to keep them all straight in my head lol. It's also crazy to me how many of them have Ahnuld. I feel like half the pitch on all of them is: Arnold: He's back baby.

It's not great.

He or a CGI version of him is in every movie, right?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"Tell us, why DID you leave Starfleet, Captain?"
"I'm loving OLD let me retire and die!"

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Mantis42 posted:

"Tell us, why DID you leave Starfleet, Captain?"
"I'm loving OLD let me retire and die!"

Writer: "We are so lucky! We have a whole Star Trek universe with 50 years of rich world building to play with! So many amazing possibilities to build original and creative shows about. How about a tense high stakes drama involving complex trade politics with the Ferengi? How about a show which does a deep dive into the split between the Vulcans and Romulus? How about..."
Producer: "LET'S BRING BACK PICARD!!!! EVERYONE LOVES PICARD!!!!"

confused fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 23, 2019

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1hKZjCVyM

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

DeimosRising posted:

He or a CGI version of him is in every movie, right?

Yeah the only one without him in it is Salvation where he's just CG at the end.

Arnold's post Governator career is so lame. I feel like just put him in a Marvel movie at this point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chloe Bennett should really not be voicing a pre-teen.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

yes, but that is definitely *not* the trailer I saw. The trailer I saw ended with a Taylor Swift song (an old one too, Shake It Off is like half-a-decade old at this point) and made it look less like How to Train Your Dragon and more like Home, which I suppose is probably the reason they changed it (because HtTYD is definitely more successful than Home was).

It also did not feature Go Your Own Way, which is much too good a song to be advertising this movie.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

confused posted:

Writer: "We are so lucky! We have a whole Star Trek universe with 50 years of rich world building to play with! So many amazing possibilities to build original and creative shows about. How about a tense high stakes drama involving complex trade politics with the Ferengi? How about a show which does a deep dive into the split between the Vulcans and Romulus? How about..."

If those are the choices then hell yeah bring back Picard.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

confused posted:

Honestly, I prefer it over yet another prequel series. I don’t know why they keep going further back in the timeline. I get the movies, reboot the series with the classic characters, makes sense. I mean Enterprise and then Discovery. Just move forward already.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

The fact that the dude has sworn in marketing materials that THIS new Terminator is gonna be great for every movie feels like he really doesn't give a poo poo about the franchise and is just happy cashing checks while it gets run into the ground.

I mean, he said what he wanted to say with the first two, and that was almost 30 years ago from now when the second one came out. If people want to throw him six to seven figures to say “hey this new robots chasing women/children movie is good” then gently caress it he’ll do it, what’s he got to lose, his two are unassailable.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Patrick Stewart Money!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Dark Fate looks real bad.

But I do like Arnold and Linda Hamilton.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Genisys looks real bad.

But I do like Arnold and Daenerys.

Don't get fooled again! *guitar riffs*

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The Cameo posted:

I mean, he said what he wanted to say with the first two, and that was almost 30 years ago from now when the second one came out. If people want to throw him six to seven figures to say “hey this new robots chasing women/children movie is good” then gently caress it he’ll do it, what’s he got to lose, his two are unassailable.

Oh yeah, I certainly don't blame him.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean, this isn't really comparable to how he reacted to the other sequels; he voiced his tepid approval of them, but he didn't, like, actually work on them.

This one, he's got his hands a lot deeper in. And last time he had his hand up another director's rear, we got Alita, which loving owned. I'm cautious, but if people say Dark Fate is good when it comes out, I'll be inclined to believe them.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It's cool to see Linda Hamilton again.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
She spent the last 20 years smoking cigarettes in the direct sun but I still love her.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is it half man and half machine, from the cover of a magazine?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's actually Leslie Hamilton Gearren

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Dillbag posted:

She spent the last 20 years smoking cigarettes in the direct sun but I still love her.

Jesus. Every time an older celebrity resurfaces there are creepy af comments like this. Tell us Dillbag, what should a woman in her loving 60s look like to you?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, you loving dillba—oh, it’s his name

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
New one from the Beberian Sound Studio and Duke of Burgundy director

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biHUTtV4K40

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

morestuff posted:

That looks wonderfully bizarre.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The real horror is that shot of her chucking that dress into a washing machine, that ain't a wash and hang dry situation.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Yeah, the dress has every right to be pissed off about its treatment.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The trailer for the uncut version of Tammy and the T-Rex is buck.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

morestuff posted:

I saw this at a film fest. It's sensual as heck.

Just as likely to put you to sleep as Duke of Burgundy, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I would go to a screening of this.