Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Trump always sits like he's wearing handcuffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

You know there are people who want her gone and keep telling the newspapers she's going to quit, in the hopes that she'll be shamed into actually doing it. "She's really quitting this time."

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Why do her arms always look so uncanny valley in every photo? It's like she's a powerloader being driven by a little alien Ripley sitting inside her.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

cool dance moves posted:

Who's that lady on the back left??

That's Tiffany, the daughter he hasn't, to my knowledge, openly fantasized about loving. She's from his second marriage, whom at one point he threatened to disinherit if her mother (Marla Maples) didn't give him a divorce on the terms he wanted.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Captain_Maclaine posted:

That's Tiffany, the daughter he hasn't, to my knowledge, openly fantasized about loving. She's from his second marriage, whom at one point he threatened to disinherit if her mother (Marla Maples) didn't give him a divorce on the terms he wanted.

Nah, he famously talked about how she was a hot 1-year-old who would hopefully grow up to have some fine titties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqE4hKIP4n0&t=18s

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Theresa May is never leaving office

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

it turns out that there's a downside to systematically dismantling all checks on power, who could have imagined

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
so I don't know that much about UK politics, how different is the MEP election from like what would happen if there were a general election again as far as party results?

Is Brexit party something that's like a real thing that MPs can be in now or is it just something that sprang up just for this one election for euro pariliament?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Stefan Prodan posted:

so I don't know that much about UK politics, how different is the MEP election from like what would happen if there were a general election again as far as party results?

Is Brexit party something that's like a real thing that MPs can be in now or is it just something that sprang up just for this one election for euro pariliament?

MEPs are elected to the European Parliament, between all the countries its about 800 seats, but the European Parliament is a democratic fail-state body because all it can actually do is Yay or Nay proposals from the completely unelected neolib-stuffed European Commission. Because it's an irrelevance turnout for MEP elections is low. This year it's a sort of proxy second referendum vote between Brexit party and the combined Remain parties, and Labour is just sort of floating in the middle hoping people like it enough to not go single issue.

In terms of GE relevance if Labour are the second biggest party then that's extremely good news, because it means there's a strong core of voters putting anti-austerity over brexit games. If Labour come third to Lib Dems than that is very not good.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Vitamin P posted:

MEPs are elected to the European Parliament, between all the countries its about 800 seats, but the European Parliament is a democratic fail-state body because all it can actually do is Yay or Nay proposals from the completely unelected neolib-stuffed European Commission. Because it's an irrelevance turnout for MEP elections is low. This year it's a sort of proxy second referendum vote between Brexit party and the combined Remain parties, and Labour is just sort of floating in the middle hoping people like it enough to not go single issue.

In terms of GE relevance if Labour are the second biggest party then that's extremely good news, because it means there's a strong core of voters putting anti-austerity over brexit games. If Labour come third to Lib Dems than that is very not good.

Isn't "its like a proxy second referendum" just purely a self-serving lie by nigel farage and boris johnson and other brexiteers?

hakimashou has issued a correction as of 02:14 on May 24, 2019

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

hakimashou posted:

Isn't "its like a proxy second referendum" just purely a self-serving lie by nigel farage and boris johnson and other brexiteers?

No, it means Brexit

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

therexit means therexit

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

marktheando posted:

There are lots of people making tweets about this saying no leaver would do such a thing. Truly this is worse than any act of political violence carried out by a leave supporter, I definitely can't think of any bad things they have done.

what if that cup had been filled with brexit supporters and they shot him twice in the head once in the heart then stabbed him 17 times while yelling death to treaitors

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
The commission is elected by the national governments and confirmed by the parliament. That’s more democratic than the House of Lords.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Honj Steak posted:

The commission is elected by the national governments and confirmed by the parliament. That’s more democratic than the House of Lords.

Excuse me, the completely routine practice of purchasing a peerage via bribes to the ruling party is democratic a f

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

:thunk:

https://twitter.com/Limerick1914/status/1131824712110215168

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Elevator Screamer posted:

Nah, he famously talked about how she was a hot 1-year-old who would hopefully grow up to have some fine titties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqE4hKIP4n0&t=18s

He's so classically grotesque. The kind of deranged mutant throwback Herodotus or Cicero or some other ancient dude would describe.

hakimashou posted:

Yes, which is why the media has fallen over itself to give it credence

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:jihad:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
So if she resigns today, she's been in office less time than Gordon Brown?

Pettiness is all I have left.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

tarbrush posted:

So if she resigns today, she's been in office less time than Gordon Brown?

Pettiness is all I have left.

She's not going to resign today, at most she's going to announce her departure date.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Elevator Screamer posted:

Why do her arms always look so uncanny valley in every photo? It's like she's a powerloader being driven by a little alien Ripley sitting inside her.

Human minds are starting to wake up and revolt against the disguises that these aliens/demons wear. It looks uncanny simply because your mind is revolting against their brainwashing.

Ever notice how disgusting the worst politicians look? lol

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
david icke was right all along

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

but he’s just a little old man? just look at him,how could you accuse him of war crimes ?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/adampayne26/status/1131843968545824768

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/antelava/status/1131838636591386626

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

June 7th

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
not sure anyone considers george galloway as far left

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

everything she has said in this speech has been a lie ffs

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Can't wait for PM Bojo.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Look i know you look bad now, but obviously they saw the election results.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
they really are making june the end of may!!
:vince:

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

bah god

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1131850904116879361

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
So why the gently caress is she waiting till the 7th June to start the leadership contest? It's not like we have a ticking deadline to get poo poo sorted or anything

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

why not 31st of May?!??

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

tarbrush posted:

So why the gently caress is she waiting till the 7th June to start the leadership contest? It's not like we have a ticking deadline to get poo poo sorted or anything

So she was in office for longer than Gordon Brown.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tarbrush posted:

especially as there is a recess about to start with nothing else going on lol

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

alphabettitouretti posted:

Can't wait for PM Bojo.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

trump is visiting and she’s staying on through that

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
They should say gently caress it and kick her out early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Looking forward to the vicious backbiting and desperate scrambling for power that accompanies any Tory leadership contest.