Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I mean, if we're gonna talk Eurovision in the Drag thread, we may as well link the most culturally relevant video ever made and no I will not be accepting other suggestions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjHJneVonE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
I wonder if DRUK will start out this tedious or if we'll have to wait a few seasons for that

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I have two thoughts:

1) I thought the runway as a whole was a treat to look at. I mean all of them lined up in the wide shots. They were all differently colored fancy dress columns and I dug it.

2) Did anyone else catch the "MISS VANJIE" dubbed over the World of Wonder logo going into the credits? Because I gagged. They seriously love that bitch.

Agreed that Vanessa had the better lip sync, but what else is new?

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
The judging on Vanjie was bullshit, just like with Nina. Vanjie did drop the ball pretty hard on the lip sync video segment though. But I think Vanjie was never treated as a serious contestant who could actually win. In that sense making it this far is actually good because it's as far as you could get while also having no chance of winning. They had to struggle to send her home and got Ross to harden his heart against her. It's OK because Vanjie is money in the bank, a natural laugh riot. But it was hard to see her struggling with the challenges and the critiques.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i mean.... someone in show pointed it out: "aren't things just more fun when vanjie's around?" which is both very true, and also a very eloquent way of rephrasing "x factor charisma". except compared to Silky's elusive appeal, Vanjie just makes every goddamn syllable that little bit better

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i think i just actually realised how cool and appealing Vanjie is. she rocks

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I didn’t like her at first - found her grating and annoying - but she loving grows on you. I love her and her exit was legendary.

I cannot wait to meet her.

Also that episode chilled me on Silky... I don’t think she deserves to win tho.

Love Brooke but too polished if that’s even a thing.

Akeria brings nothing new IMO

#TeamYvie

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

VANJIE GONNA, WHAT?
VANJIE GONNA ROLL!
VANJIE GONNA GIVE IT TO YA
SHE GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

I'm definitely Team Yvie out of the remaining queens.

bigfatdynamo
May 10, 2016

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash.
bury me with this post

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

GodDAMN

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

lmao

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Vanjie, I love you.

Silky? More like sand paper-y. She is awful in comparison to the other 5 queens. This ep exposed her for the fraud she is.

Brooklyn is cool but no edge, as the poster above me said some how too polished.

Yvie better win this thing and then form a duet with the GOAT Jinkx.

A'Keria, christ you're pretty and nice and lovely.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Seems like the "weird" artsy queens have a good track record of winning the crown.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I still haven't watched the last ep but it sounds like it went down exactly how everyone thought it was gonna happen three weeks into the season ahahahaha

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Hard for me to reconcile Akeria's talent and likability with her random moments of starting poo poo and having a raging hate boner for Plastique out of nowhere

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Normy posted:

Seems like the "weird" artsy queens have a good track record of winning the crown.

they do seem to have good odds if they can make it feel polished. i think shannon needles set the precedent

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Don't talk to me about being too polished after Aquaria won by being a young, twinky drag nerd who could turn a look

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Eej posted:

Hard for me to reconcile Akeria's talent and likability with her random moments of starting poo poo and having a raging hate boner for Plastique out of nowhere

Ikr? It’s weird bc that’s really normal irl she’s just got her people she’s super protective of and she’ll trash anyone else but it’s just having them edited up against each other that’s jarring as hell.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Eej posted:

Don't talk to me about being too polished after Aquaria won by being a young, twinky drag nerd who could turn a look

In 2019 polished just means expensive.

That lip sync was exploitative as gently caress and probably borders on cruel.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The lip sync was definitely set up for cheap drama, but I like that they both went "yeah we're boos but we can set that aside for a moment for the competition" which I thought showed professionalism. I'm personally glad it didn't turn into another trashy Rujubee moment.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I just can't bring myself to care who wins this season. There just wasn't a single queen I found myself rooting for all season. I like Brooke and Yvie, but are they worthy of the crown? Meh.

Ru said it best last week. "Meh." It applies to not just last week's lip sync, but to the season as a whole.

Ru and WoW need to stop phoning it in.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Maybe it's just because I hail Satan on the reg, but I really want Silky to lose just so she'll feel like Jesus has failed her.

Nihonniboku posted:

Ru and WoW need to stop phoning it in.
First order of business: scale back and only do one season a year.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

First order of business: scale back and only do one season a year.
Ru and WoW want the paychecks. Drop out watching when you realize you hate the season, so VH1 doesn't find it profitable to keep airing fifteen Ru Shows a year

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
If they do a Super Star season with only winners, I feel like Aquaria makes it to the top 3.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Was this week's Untucked worth making yet another fake vh1.com account?

Gelf
Oct 1, 2005

Wake up and smell the psychosis!\

Propaganda Machine posted:

Was this week's Untucked worth making yet another fake vh1.com account?

Absolutely not. The driest most boring one of the season yet, as tends to happen near the end when everyone is too focused on reaching the end to succumb to drama.

Boring forced coming out stories and Silky in some extremely transparent last minute damage control over how she's come across all season. Tried to play the "big girl" card and it really came off as so insultingly disingenuous!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah untucked was boring as hell this week

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Thanks for saving me some time and effort, fam.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

reunion tonight, right?

wonder what drama will pop up.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the escape goat posted:

reunion tonight, right?

wonder what drama will pop up.

Yep!

I lowkey wish they'd have a week break before the finale, if only because Manila is doing a finale viewing party here in Vancouver .... but it's the same night as my Cher concert.

Alas.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
My work colleagues asked if I wanted to go out next Friday to celebrate the last day of the Student Teacher’s placement.

Had to tell them unfortunately I was already booked - With a viewing party of RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE FINALE! *arm raise*

They weren’t impressed.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

esperterra posted:

Yep!

I lowkey wish they'd have a week break before the finale, if only because Manila is doing a finale viewing party here in Vancouver .... but it's the same night as my Cher concert.

Alas.

Cher is one of the kindest people I've ever worked for, and you're making a good decision.

I'm just glad we don't have one of those filler clip shows like they used to do.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the escape goat posted:

Cher is one of the kindest people I've ever worked for, and you're making a good decision.

I'm just glad we don't have one of those filler clip shows like they used to do.

Cher is always the right choice, and she shall complete my holy gay trinity of people I've always wanted to see, capping off Bette Midler and Madonna. I expect that, after the last number, my soul will simply leave my body and Judy Garland will welcome me to gay heaven with open arms

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

esperterra posted:

Cher is always the right choice, and she shall complete my holy gay trinity of people I've always wanted to see, capping off Bette Midler and Madonna. I expect that, after the last number, my soul will simply leave my body and Judy Garland will welcome me to gay heaven with open arms

Werq.

I got tickets to Madonna when she's in Chicago in October and I can't wait to see her not from the nosebleeds, but after her tuning issues at Eurovision I'm worried :laffo:

Drag race content: I'll put the reunion on in the background but my heart's not in it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
https://twitter.com/nickdesideri/status/1039994396249399297?lang=en

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

god i love watching these

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

the escape goat posted:

Cher is one of the kindest people I've ever worked for
This made my day to hear. I REALLY wanted Cher to be nice, and I'm so glad that she is.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cher is MEAN.

She last minute cancelled the show here in Winnipeg.

JK - she's not mean. Apparently she got really sick but will reschedule. A bunch of friends were upset but it happens.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Cher is pure and good imho

Also watching the reunion now and it's okay so far, still just on the Branjie stuff which is #oldnews to me since I knew they broke up a bit after they finished filming last year lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I don’t follow anything outside of RPDR and unhhhh so I’m blindsided by this brooke/vanjie news.