Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I guess this is kinda current events; Jean-Luc Picard is coming back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA-GJNebJj0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress that bring back the sisko

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

If a tornado came and wiped out the White House, I would start going to church.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Jesus loving Christ that's chilling.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Arc Light posted:

In a natural history museum, cowering beneath the triceratops fossil?

Hell yeah dying by triceratops billions of years after they died out

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

We miiiight have had one in Maryland about 10 minutes south of me. Haven't heard anything confirmed either way though.

One apparently touched down at 108 and 29 in Columbia.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

psydude posted:

One apparently touched down at 108 and 29 in Columbia.

ALLVIEW NOOOOOO

e: Twitter says 29 and 32 which would jive more with what I was seeing on the radar on my phone at the time

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 24, 2019

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1131698767105855489

quote:

President Trump has personally and repeatedly urged the head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to award a border wall contract to a North Dakota construction firm whose top executive is a GOP donor and frequent guest on Fox News, according to three administration officials.

No wonder why he can barely get any wall built.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

He cannot, will not build that wall
He cannot, with hands so small

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I think Nance is right. He wants to be impeached.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/statu...ingawful.com%2F

:thunk:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

psydude posted:

I think Nance is right. He wants to be impeached.

link?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

"We have us a president who wants to be impeached! OBLIGE HIM!"

quote:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) claimed Thursday that President Trump wants to be impeached and is upset that House Democrats are not rushing in that direction now, as tensions continued to mount between the White House and her party.

“The White House is just crying out for impeachment,” Pelosi said at a news conference. “That’s why he flipped yesterday.” She referred to Trump’s abrupt exit from a White House meeting Wednesday with Democratic leaders on the nation’s infrastructure.

Speaking to a closed-door meeting of top House Democrats earlier Thursday, Pelosi speculated that Trump thinks he would benefit politically from being impeached in the House and acquitted in the Republican-led Senate.

“He wants to be impeached, so he can be exonerated by the Senate,” she told her colleagues, according to a Democratic official familiar with the meeting who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations.

Pelosi’s comments came a day after Trump declared he could not work with Democrats on legislation while House investigations continue. In addition, a federal judge ruled for the second time this week that a House subpoena of Trump financial records was lawful.

“I think what really got to him was these court cases and the fact that the House Democratic caucus is not on a path to impeachment, and that’s where he wants us to be,” Pelosi said at her news conference.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...m=.5fbe17b8a5a6

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
So, Nancy's going for a 25th Amendment play.

That's a gutsy move. Let's see if it pays off.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Ceiling fan posted:

Narrator- "It doesn't".

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Nancy needs to step up and support an impeachment inquiry.

Save_us.aoc

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I mean, she is right in that the Senate will just either not charge Trump or clear him of all charges even if Pelosi impeaches.

Something the only winning move is to not play and make him throw tantrums?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ceiling fan posted:

They've never used the 4th clause of the 25th, and if they did, Trump can challenge it and assume the presidency by simply sending a letter to the senate telling them to eat a butt, he's still President. Congress then has 48 hours to meet and determine the President is still incapable of discharging the duties of the office of President. This vote requires a supermajority in both houses of Congress to succeed, and the President can simply re-assert his authority ad infinitum, triggering another vote to determine the President's inability to discharge their duties.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CommieGIR posted:

I mean, she is right in that the Senate will just either not charge Trump or clear him of all charges even if Pelosi impeaches.

Something the only winning move is to not play and make him throw tantrums?

Yeah that's really the lovely part about this whole thing. Right now, impeachment is a dead-end that makes you feel good and that's about it. Sure, it "defends the constitution" and all that high-level civics poo poo, but the end result is still a Senate acquittal and more Trump.

An official impeachment inquiry won't get you the hidden poo poo any faster and if the hidden poo poo turns out to really be that bad, Republican Senators would flip anyways. Republican Senators won't flip until their own reelection is at stake, which is currently chained completely to Trump.

So the goal over the next 1.5 years is to raise as much stink as possible. Subpoena everything, unearth everything, and make Donnie buttmad constantly on TV. That increases the chances of beating him in 2020, increases the chances of a Senate conviction, and increases the chances of a Democratic Senate.

The 25th Amendment stuff is all trolling by the way, but it has driven Trump nuts in the past.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

gonna R/T this on everything Nancy, Chuck and President Donnie post until I die

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

McNally posted:

gently caress Congress and gently caress this man in particular.

https://twitter.com/RepRatcliffe/status/1131617546078236673

I already have a monument from the government, fuckface. It's called a headstone.

This motherfucker cosponsored 846 in the last Congress, so he's aware of the issue (or should be), but he's going for the cheaper route that helps nobody instead and is piggybacking off a huge push of Gold Star PR over the last few days to get recognition for doing something.

gently caress that and gently caress him.

So. Turns out the same day Ratcliffe made his little speech about building a Gold Star monument some members of my Gold Star Facebook group paid his office a visit.

quote:

Interesting, that very afternoon, he hid in his office as we introduced ourselves to his staff, as survivors of service members killed in Afghanistan. We acknowledged the monument and asked to speak with someone. When denied access, we asked to have our request for cosponsorship logged and were told by the person at the front desk that it was not her job. We would have to speak with the MLA. A member of our team explained the fact sheet while the receptionist ignored her, typing away on her computer. We left. He slinked out when he thought we were gone. We were in the hall, I called out to him, and he picked up his pace to escape discussing the offset. Gotta love a man who honors the fallen and Gold Star Families.

I know that Google picks up on things said here at Something Awful, so I want to make it clear: Texas Congressman John Ratcliffe has no testicles.

Congressman John Ratcliffe (R-TX 4) is bereft of gonads.

Congressman John Ratcliffe of Texas' 4th Congressional District has no balls.

Congressman John Ratcliffe, Republican from the 4th Congressional District of Texas, is a scared little girl who hides in his office from Gold Star widows.

Congressman John Ratcliffe, Texas 4th, is a coward.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

looks like trump/fox is going the "25th amendment" route on pelosi though

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1131728912835383300

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

ALLVIEW NOOOOOO

e: Twitter says 29 and 32 which would jive more with what I was seeing on the radar on my phone at the time

Makes sense. Apparently there's a lot of trees down around Elkhorn.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hot Karl Marx posted:

looks like trump/fox is going the "25th amendment" route on pelosi though

It's a coordinated bullshit campaign all over social media because of course it is. Edited videos, slowed down videos, etc. The main one is a Pelosi speech slowed down to 75% speed. Coincidentally, right before Trump went on TV and did his insult parade today!

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1131732476328587265

2020 gonna be real bad for this stuff.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 24, 2019

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

McNally posted:

So. Turns out the same day Ratcliffe made his little speech about building a Gold Star monument some members of my Gold Star Facebook group paid his office a visit.

I know that Google picks up on things said here at Something Awful, so I want to make it clear: Texas Congressman John Ratcliffe has no testicles.

Congressman John Ratcliffe (R-TX 4) is bereft of gonads.

Congressman John Ratcliffe of Texas' 4th Congressional District has no balls.

Congressman John Ratcliffe, Republican from the 4th Congressional District of Texas, is a scared little girl who hides in his office from Gold Star widows.

Congressman John Ratcliffe, Texas 4th, is a coward.

QTIYD

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

2020 gonna be real bad for this stuff.

https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/fakes/biden_trump_hug.mp4

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Is this a deepfake face with Biden talking, or the other way around?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

BigDave posted:

Is this a deepfake face with Biden talking, or the other way around?

its trumps face over bidens, it was made by a cspam poster.

heres a more obvious one:

https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/fakes/trump_plane_intro.mp4

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hot Karl Marx posted:

its trumps face over bidens, it was made by a cspam poster.

heres a more obvious one:

https://filedn.com/lA1dAM6GJzOy8eCDm2eVX88/fakes/trump_plane_intro.mp4

Not gonna lie, when it's been cropped, it's really hard to tell Biden apart from Trump.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kind of makes him look like Eisenhower.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Scenario A: "Folks if what I did was so bad why didn't Democrats impeach me? It's all a witch hunt by 17 angry Democrats"(Sad).

Scenario B: "Folks if what I did was so bad why did the Republican Senate not vote to impeach me? It's all a witch hunt by 17 angry Democrats"(Sad).

One of these scenarios has an answer that is much better for the continued health of democracy in the country.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gently caress that bring back the sisko

:hai:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

realtalk if you were back in the military who would you want as your co

old kirk
new kirk (i think hes rad)
picard
sisko

and who cares about the rest except nerds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyyjCn1ML3k

see this poo poo

now compared to the fuckkn sisko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGcAbI-4_io

im team sisko all the fuckin way quote this poo poo dont fuckin @ me with any of your bullshit

also patrick stewart owns harder as an actor for being able to bring such a man to screen bc he sucks

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Taintrunner posted:

literally a manmade addiction epidemic and everyone in politics is too much of a loving coward to put these fucks on trial and sentence them to a brutal death

loving Christ I got so mad I found the new CE thread to post this, accidentally read it all, and got even madder.

gently caress

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

either kirk is cool too idk

Wasabi the J posted:

loving Christ I got so mad I found the new CE thread to post this, accidentally read it all, and got even madder.

gently caress

fuuuuuuuuuck

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-p...m=.d01f73188def

Number of Americans who can't muster $400 is now up to four in ten.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

realtalk if you were back in the military who would you want as your co

old kirk
new kirk (i think hes rad)
picard
sisko

and who cares about the rest except nerds

im team sisko all the fuckin way quote this poo poo dont fuckin @ me with any of your bullshit

gtfoh

Picard would be the only one of those choices who would actively try to avoid getting his guys killed in a needless fight, but would be in it to win it regardless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOXT22Ghouw

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Modern pain management was all hosed up with puritan attitudes to pain relievers before Oxycontin. That's one of the reasons it took off. Doctors needed a pain reliever that wasn't tainted with the devils addiction and euphoria. So easy to hand out a safe pill and not waste those precious clinical minutes to figure out if the hideous pain was still on the other side of the seesaw that the shitload of endorphins was pushing on.

That's the tragedy of it. Opioids and other extreme painkillers make people recover from the worst body horror. And they can walk away from it not even thinking about it any more than taking a vitamin pill. But that same regimen once you're healthy will turn you into a hopeless addict.

The Sacklers knew what they were doing. Put them on a 90 day prescription, then chain them up two inches away from a pile of Oxycontin. Tantaulus them up.

Also, Picard for SOCOM CCDR and Sisko for Secretary of State. That'll sort things out.

Edit: almost forgot.

John Ratcliffe is a coward who ran and hid because he doesn't have the guts to skim off a few dollars for the survivors of the people he threw in the trash so that he could help siphon off billions of dollars for owners who basically hold him in contempt.

Ceiling fan fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 24, 2019

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Ceiling fan posted:

Also, Picard for SOCOM CCDR and Sisko for Secretary of State. That'll sort things out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-YyL7X4CWw

from The Holograms of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Benjamin Sisko.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1131872740720480258?s=19

Ding dong the witch is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

F

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1131708421596696576?s=21