Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
The boat guy highlights one of my fears. So many times just being dead exhausted and having to back up or dump a truck at the end of the day. Easy to forget the parking break or neutral when you're alone, burnt out and frustrated getting out and checking how much space you have.

Dunno what that dumbasses deal was tho lol.

Actually, just look around this memorial day weekend and you'll see plenty of boats, campers and trailers improperly hitched, bad lights, bad rigging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Failson posted:

Bothering me way more than it should that I still can't identify that SUV model. Mitsubishi?

Looks like an Escape to me :dadjoke:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Beethovens Fist Symphony posted:

Looks like an Escape to me :dadjoke:

It's clearly a Lincoln Nautilus :dadjoke:

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Please, it sank and caught fire, it's a Russian submarine.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

The boat guy highlights one of my fears. So many times just being dead exhausted and having to back up or dump a truck at the end of the day. Easy to forget the parking break or neutral when you're alone, burnt out and frustrated getting out and checking how much space you have.

Dunno what that dumbasses deal was tho lol.

Actually, just look around this memorial day weekend and you'll see plenty of boats, campers and trailers improperly hitched, bad lights, bad rigging.

My scoutmaster taught me to deal with irate boaterists by being as cordial and cheerful as you can and, without fail, it results in some of the most spectacular meltdowns I have ever witnessed. Rich Quebecoi don't know how to handle polite Americans. It's cute cuz you know they don't have guns.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Powershift posted:

It's clearly a Lincoln Nautilus :dadjoke:

It's a Prius Sea. :dadjoke:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The ocean. I live right across the water from here.

Fun and perfectly legal.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Unfortunately the law to regulate safety against being crushed under stacks of paper is there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

is that the kind of government thing where they run around pushing eachother's buttons when it's time to vote on stuff?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Do we still have an Everest thread?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762301&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

The most :ussr: thing

"Sergei! Did you hear about Vasily? He was killed in a horrible accident with a particle accelerator!"
"Bozhe moi! What happened?"
"It fell on him!"

Only thing this story needs is the Mir space station falling on one of them!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/JxUyVbs.mp4

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Took me a few seconds to understand the scale and I initially thought they were coffins :stare:

What's the story here?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Barges roam the mighty flooded rivers of the middle of my fair country, looking for unsuspecting dams to ram.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Two barges loaded with fertilizer got loose and crashed into a dam. There's relief that the dam didn't fail, but there's more rain in the forecast and who knows how much damage the barges caused.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Took me a few seconds to understand the scale and I initially thought they were coffins :stare:

What's the story here?

The barges are stationary, the dam is floating down the river.

can you make your brain see it?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

RandomPauI posted:

Two barges loaded with fertilizer got loose and crashed into a dam. There's relief that the dam didn't fail, but there's more rain in the forecast and who knows how much damage the barges caused.

Plus the continuing damage with one or possibly both sinking and getting rammed against the base

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

But not the kaboom kind of fertiliser at least?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

The Lone Badger posted:

But not the kaboom kind of fertiliser at least?

Not once it's inundated with water, no.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

RIP Coach Steve Steve, thought of his diaper barge and died.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

gotta be a giant baby to complain about coffee hot enough to peel skin through your clothes

Skin grafts and a melty vag. What a whiner.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I was hoping there for a second the barges would turn and shoot the gates.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Phanatic posted:

Not once it's inundated with water, no.

What about the kind that'll cause massive algae bloom?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
I wish i had the skillz to animate googly eyes and arms on those barges, the white one hitting the dam then drowning the red one by holding it under water

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Failson posted:

Bothering me way more than it should that I still can't identify that SUV model. Mitsubishi?

Hybrid Mitsubishi Outlander and it caught fire after they pulled it out :doh:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I will never stop being shocked that anybody can buy HF at hobby lobby.

Bone hurting juice! Geeeeet your bone hurting juice!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

sorry to barge in

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

FuturePastNow posted:

sorry to barge in

ahahaha this caught me off guard and I laughed way too hard at this while taking a lunch break in this nice, demure restaurant

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Scott Forstall posted:

ahahaha this caught me off guard and I laughed way too hard at this while taking a lunch break in this nice, demure restaurant

Translation: "I snorted so hard part of my sardine and mayonnaise sandwich came out of my nose while sitting on this park bench and now the squirrels are looking at me funny"

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Just standing around watching it burn? Must be a KIA Nero :dadjoke:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Someone got dosed with LSD repairing an antique synthesizer

quote:

Ken Kesey and his Merry Pranksters outfitted their party bus with several Buchla 100 synths, and rumors that parts of the instruments were dipped in acid—thus allowing musicians to wet their finger and get a little high before playing—have circulated for decades.

Those rumors were never completely confirmed until Curtis unwittingly dosed hard on a 50-year-old stash. When he found the instrument, it was collecting dust in the corner of some godforsaken closet. He noticed that someone had modified the machine to add a red module on the top row. It seems he was unaware of old stories about how the “red panel” was the acid one:

During his repair work, Curtis opened the module and saw something stuck under a knob.

“There was like a residue … a crust or a crystalline residue on it,” said Curtis.

He sprayed a cleaning solvent on it and started to push the dissolving crystal with his finger as he attempted to dislodge the residue and clean the area.

About 45 minutes later, Curtis began to feel a little strange. He described it as a weird, tingling sensation. He discovered this was the feeling of the beginnings of an LSD experience or trip.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
There is absolutely no way that 50 year old LSD was still good, it's an insanely fragile molecule. It's also got incredibly poor bioavailability through the skin.

Owlsey did reportedly often cut his LSD with meth though, which is very stable...

E: and in case you want to make that argument that nobody could ever confuse LSD and meth there's been studies where people had trouble telling apart ritalin and psilocybin.

Moist von Lipwig fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 24, 2019

EssOEss
Oct 23, 2006
128-bit approved

Why is the poop on the wrong side of the paper?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
there's a twist in the paper right above his butthole so he doesn't wipe poop all over his back you yokel

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Volkerball posted:

there's a twist in the paper right above his butthole so he doesn't wipe poop all over his back you yokel
yeah and before some wiseass asks, his hands are fine because that's why you wash your hands :rolleyes:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Repairman lays down an incredible nine-hour jam session, destroying two additional instruments in the process; repairs them as well.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

SLOSifl posted:

Repairman lays down an incredible nine-hour jam session, destroying two additional instruments in the process; repairs them as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgNo5Smino

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Powershift posted:

The barges are stationary, the dam is floating down the river.

can you make your brain see it?

That's actually what I saw at first and it was causing me some real mental stress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

shame on an IGA posted:

I will never stop being shocked that anybody can buy HF at hobby lobby.

Bone hurting juice! Geeeeet your bone hurting juice!

gently caress the amount of PPE/protection I need to use when using HF is crazy (vent hood, mask, scrubs, thick gently caress off gloves). I can't imagine some schmuck using it in their house/shed.