Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

that reminds me, my friend was looking into this place the other day, they do online consults where you send them some pictures and the doctor will look em' over and make a plan for FFS for 50 euros, or a personal skype session for 100 euros, might at least be a place to start for not too much money:

https://www.2passclinic.com/ffs/price-request-for-your-ffs/

anyone know anything about this guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

yeah I got vffs years back before I went to spiegel and the changes were minimal, my face is apparently already p light on stuff to change

I wonder why I hate it then

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
really cringing at "2pass"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lain Iwakura posted:

really cringing at "2pass"

oh hell i thought it was like, "we make two passes and you're all done" since they emphasize that you can get multiple procedures done at the same time and it just requires an office visit and then the surgery, but now i feel kinda gross

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Shame Boy posted:

that reminds me, my friend was looking into this place the other day, they do online consults where you send them some pictures and the doctor will look em' over and make a plan for FFS for 50 euros, or a personal skype session for 100 euros, might at least be a place to start for not too much money:

https://www.2passclinic.com/ffs/price-request-for-your-ffs/

anyone know anything about this guy?

earlobe reduction??????

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

the clinic referred me to some hair removal spas that are queer friendly around here but I don’t know the difference between electro and laser

I have thin red hair already

Ms. Twiggy
Sep 9, 2018

Floppy drives should be stylish and fun
Electrolysis is slow but is the only method of hair removal that is ultimately permanent, since it basically kills the hairs follicle by follicle. it will take multiple years (100+ hours of treatment) to get fully clear with electrolysis owing to growth cycles, etc.

Laser will have more immediate results and show clearing faster, but will only reduce hair. Eventually some laser-treated hair will grow back weakened and white so that laser won’t remove it and you’ll have to get after it with electrolysis.

Laser is also a bit sensitive to hair and skin pigmentation, and thin red hair is pretty much among the worst types of hair for laser as I understand it.

If your goal is for less hours undergoing treatment I believe laser with electrolysis cleanup is the best approach, but it’ll still take multiple years to get fully, permanently clear, either way. Many women just do laser only, too.

At least that’s how it was described to me. I’ve just done exclusively electrolysis tho and I know others in this thread have done both and could elaborate and clarify/correct my understanding.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
this evening, i am going to a book launch for a local queer non-binary person's memoir :)

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Ms. Twiggy posted:

Electrolysis is slow but is the only method of hair removal that is ultimately permanent, since it basically kills the hairs follicle by follicle. it will take multiple years (100+ hours of treatment) to get fully clear with electrolysis owing to growth cycles, etc.

Laser will have more immediate results and show clearing faster, but will only reduce hair. Eventually some laser-treated hair will grow back weakened and white so that laser won’t remove it and you’ll have to get after it with electrolysis.

Laser is also a bit sensitive to hair and skin pigmentation, and thin red hair is pretty much among the worst types of hair for laser as I understand it.

If your goal is for less hours undergoing treatment I believe laser with electrolysis cleanup is the best approach, but it’ll still take multiple years to get fully, permanently clear, either way. Many women just do laser only, too.

At least that’s how it was described to me. I’ve just done exclusively electrolysis tho and I know others in this thread have done both and could elaborate and clarify/correct my understanding.

this is mostly right except I don't think laser will work at all on red hair usually

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

jit bull transpile posted:

this is mostly right except I don't think laser will work at all on red hair usually

i think there's certain kinds of laser treatments for darker shades of red hair that will work (different wavelengths I think?) but it takes way longer and you'll probably wind up doing more electrolysis follow-up later anyway.

e: googling a bit and it seems like if you have darker red hair and/or thicker red hair it works modestly well but takes much longer

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 16, 2019

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Alexandrite is really the best laser can get and can work on red hair. ND-yag which is what I got doesn't. I think that is the big difference.

IPL is absolute trash.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I did laser only and I definitely have enough white and wispies such that I still appear to have facial hair (to me) so electro is really the way to go.

I should schedule another appt. my skin just does not feel right.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ty for the info fronds

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I had dark African textured facial hair and after 9 laser sessions I still have enough white whispies and black stragglers to need lots of electrolysis too

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i recall showing the electro lady my neck and she was like "i dont see anything to remove" and im like bitch i feel it. also im ugly so do it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
yo, don't move to ontario

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Improbable Lobster posted:

yo, don't move to ontario

Jesús loving christ.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
i hope doug ford dies like his rotten brother did and soon

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
loving ghouls

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gently caress fascists

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

is there an org I can donate to that’ll sue the poo poo outta them?

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 08:41 on May 18, 2019

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
sadly none that I know of at this point. ontario is a shitstack of a province right now and will be until ford either keels over or gets voted out (and lol at that happening considering the voting pool is so loving broken there that they voted him in to begin with).

basically, if you're trans and in ontario, go literally anywhere else. gently caress, even alberta is less dangerous right now, and they just voted in the "ford nation? hold my beer" party.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
stopped taking progesterone last night

i woke up boiling

also reduced my estradiol by 2 mg down to 4

it's gonna be a fun ride

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
:gaysper:#relationshipgoals:gaysper:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

are we still banned from giving blood to the Red Cross? I forget

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

i checked recently and they've eased up on it a bit, with some interesting loopholes. you still can't give blood if you're a man who has had sex with a man within the last year. however whether or not you or the person you had sex with is a "man" is entirely up to you - they accept whatever self-reported gender you say to be trans-inclusive

this feels like one of those "female-presenting nipples" situations where they're being really regressive in a bizarrely progressive way

e: here's the relevant bit

quote:

On December 21, 2015, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued final guidance for deferral criteria for men who have had sex with men (MSM). AABB, America's Blood Centers and the Red Cross support the FDA's decision to change the MSM blood donation policy from a lifetime deferral to a one-year deferral and additionally for the purposes of blood donation gender is self-identified and self-reported, which is relevant to the transgender community. This policy change aligns the MSM donor deferral period with those for other activities that may pose a similar risk of transfusion-transmissible infections.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
im still banned for life because i lived in jolly old england as a kid, and thus the cows

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

atelier morgan posted:

im still banned for life because i lived in jolly old england as a kid, and thus the cows

yeah i remember getting to that part of the rules and it just saying "no blood from people who lived in the UK for more than a few months any time during this 30 year period" with no other explanation and being really confused

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
here in the UK we've progressed to a mere three month's deferral, any time you have contact with an MSM.
sadly my bf and i bang on the hour, so no matter how often they call me (which i had to log into their website to stop, despite politely explaining to multiple call center people that i intended to keep on touching my partner and thus to please stop calling me) i can't give them my gay blood

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
is the threat really so high that it makes sense to put warnings up for this specific thing above all other possible risky conditions?

I've always just assumed it was just institutionalized homophobia

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
going off my hormones has triggered depressive moods. i am aware of them and i am safe but holy hell does this suck

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Corla Plankun posted:

it is

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

you can, I've told them the whole spiel and they went "well, you have rare blood, so let's just go ahead"

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Corla Plankun posted:

And institutional inertia. They put the rule into place after Ryan White what, like 35 years ago?

Lain Iwakura posted:

going off my hormones has triggered depressive moods. i am aware of them and i am safe but holy hell does this suck
:glomp:

God, I'm sorry. They can gently caress right the gently caress off with that poo poo, because every time I've had a supply interruption it's been awful and no one should be made to do that to themselves.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lain Iwakura posted:

yeah, uhhhhh, uhhhhh, uhhhh, I'm getting back on mine since Medicaid panned out but holy moley does going off suck

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
hey jit bull my sister babysat a pit bull puppy today and she was so sweet!

she's 9 weeks old and her name is athena

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

WANNA MEET THAT DOG

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
SHE WAS A VERY GOOD GIRL

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GET A LOAD OF THAT DOG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Wawawiewa