Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Bundy posted:

Lol he's made a career out of doing exactly that at Arsenal

brutal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Umtiti to Arsenal seems good to me. I hope it's not just big Robbie and the aftv boys going for clicks

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Ramos seems to be getting pushed out of Madrid, and Juve are supposedly in for him at Ronald's request :shepicide:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Ramos seems to be getting pushed out of Madrid, and Juve are supposedly in for him at Ronald's request :shepicide:

unironically wouldn't be a bad move, though you'd think Juve would be trying to sign some younger defenders since Rugani isn't really cutting it and everyone else is 100 years old.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Everton has signed Lossl, a keeper I can only describe as "loving shite" (so he fits the bill)

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

Ramos does have experience with winning in Europe using every method possible. It might be a good short term boost.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Ramos is perfect for a oval office team like juve

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
Looks like there's about to be a handful of decent youth prospects available for cheap:

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1131997012155674624?s=19

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Who is the last PSG youth to come through

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Is this their way of dealing with the UEFA limits on loan players coming in?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

wooger posted:

Is this their way of dealing with the UEFA limits on loan players coming in?

The story I heard, at least on GFFN, is that their sporting director had a tantrum because the French football authorities wouldn't let PSG's reserve team play in Ligue 2, unlike every other reserve team in France which always play in the fourth tier.

EDIT: That could somehow be related to UEFA loan limits, now that I think about it, but I don't know enough about what's happening.

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 24, 2019

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

They've actually had some decent players come through. Coman, Rabiot, Kimpembe, Guendouzi, the other Moussa Dembele...

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

They've actually had some decent players come through. Coman, Rabiot, Kimpembe, Guendouzi, the other Moussa Dembele...

Most of the best PSG youth don't really stay at PSG though. That wasn't the question though, I suppose. He might not be the same level of quality, but Mamadou Sakho was a PSG youth call-up.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Bundy posted:

Lol he's made a career out of doing exactly that at Arsenal

lol

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Inter have removed all images of Mauro Icardi from their website, so we know he’s off to somewhere. Rumor right now is Juve.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
wanda wants to have a crack at upgrading to cr7 then

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Troy Queef posted:

Inter have removed all images of Mauro Icardi from their website

This doesn’t check out, OP

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Raibot?

EDIT: Mamadou Sakho was promoted from the PSG youth ranks too.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 25, 2019

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

blue footed boobie posted:

This doesn’t check out, OP

It’s not inter’s website, it’s Suning, the corporation that owns Inter. They’ve replaced him with Danilo D’Ambrosio.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Isnt Rabiot available on a free now? The next Anelka, in terms of being a loving pain in the arse as opposed to ability.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Isnt Rabiot available on a free now? The next Anelka, in terms of being a loving pain in the arse as opposed to ability.

Lad could have a world cup winners medal but refused to go because he wasn't guaranteed to start every game. A club would be absolutely mental to sign him

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Lad could have a world cup winners medal but refused to go because he wasn't guaranteed to start every game. A club would be absolutely mental to sign him

He wasn’t going to be included in the 23, they invited him as a reserve/standby player.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Presumably as karmic punishment for me laughing at the idea of Rio Ferdinand, Darren Fletcher, or Petr Cech as sporting directors, papers are now linking Stuart Webber to Man U.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star Error posted:

Presumably as karmic punishment for me laughing at the idea of Rio Ferdinand, Darren Fletcher, or Petr Cech as sporting directors, papers are now linking Stuart Webber to Man U.

Has he been good? I like Norwich, but now I hope he’s incompetent.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bacon Terrorist posted:

His agent is his mom, and drives a great deal of the animosity. He's not innocent, of course, but I generally agree with the "anyone would be mental to sign him" assessment. He withdrew himself from contention for the World Cup squad because he thought, tactically, he knew better than Deschamps how to use his skillset. He's not actually that good; for all his cuntishness, Verratti is still the best midfielder on the team.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Brony Car posted:

Has he been good? I like Norwich, but now I hope he’s incompetent.

He appointed Wagner at Huddersfield, Farke at Norwich. Sold Howson, Murphy x2, Pritchard, and Maddison for ~£70m to balance the books, replaced them with free transfers, youth players, and Bundesliga II rejects costing about £10m all together, who if sold now would easily fetch over £100m. He's clearly very good at his job.

Hopefully Man U continue to be incompetent and want a big marketable name instead. At Norwich he's in charge of absolutely everything while the story is Man U just want him as head of recruitment and tard wrangler for Rio and Darren, also his wife works at Norwich (she was here before him) as some kind of finance head so its not impossible he would turn them down.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Not sure how well Webber's approach scales up to a club of United's resources/ambitions. He's very youth and budget-focused. Will get financial underdogs overperforming, but United aren't going to be organising their youth sides to produce strikers and left backs because they can't afford to buy them.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CheGiaevara/status/1132339246465986560
RIP his career

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Blue Star Error posted:

He appointed Wagner at Huddersfield, Farke at Norwich. Sold Howson, Murphy x2, Pritchard, and Maddison for ~£70m to balance the books, replaced them with free transfers, youth players, and Bundesliga II rejects costing about £10m all together, who if sold now would easily fetch over £100m. He's clearly very good at his job.

Hopefully Man U continue to be incompetent and want a big marketable name instead. At Norwich he's in charge of absolutely everything while the story is Man U just want him as head of recruitment and tard wrangler for Rio and Darren, also his wife works at Norwich (she was here before him) as some kind of finance head so its not impossible he would turn them down.

Is his wife attractive? I imagine that is the key concern of anyone involved in football not wanting to be Rhodri'd.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Bape Culture posted:

An absolute DeLigt

If he comes to the Prem it will be an afternoon DeLigt!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Mods rename me Fully Ligt

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean it’s the Mirror but lol at those wages.

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1132405128517103621

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Football has gone mad, couldn’t care less about wages anymore but I’d love this.

Compared to the wages in US sports it really isn’t crazy money which is stupid to say.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really hope de ligt doesn't go to united

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also the g in ligt is pronounced like de ch in Loch (Ness).

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
How is Raiola organising this poo poo... I thought he was banned for 3 months.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

CyberPingu posted:

How is Raiola organising this poo poo... I thought he was banned for 3 months.

He came out and said that all the ban meant was that he couldn't be pictured when De Ligt (or any of his players) sign the contract

As ever, Uefa are loving useless.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
United rumoured in for Joao Felix too, not sure how they can sustain this level of spending indefinitely regardless of the Thai crisp deals etc. Also surely if they give De Ligt those wages they're doubling down on the whole 'now everyone wants a huge pay rise problem' the Sanchez deal started. At least at the time, Sanchez was proven and in high regard as opposed to De Ligt who is a very exciting player who still needs proper development to become world class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bacon Terrorist posted:

the whole 'now everyone wants a huge pay rise problem' the Sanchez deal started

This isn’t a thing, and Raiola is using United to get more money from Barca. He does this in like, every deal he does.