Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Amethyst posted:

This crap showed up as "program" in my startup program list with a broken icon. good job office morons.

it is a program though what more do you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
They added teams chats to the Graph API, but only read access so its totally pointless. also the graph api is slow as gently caress

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shaggar posted:

also the graph api is slow as gently caress

do we still ban for mod sass?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
oooo. I know why theres no new chat message api yet. its cause chat messages can be html it just shoves onto the page and they probably don't sanitize them

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Shaggar posted:

oooo. I know why theres no new chat message api yet. its cause chat messages can be html it just shoves onto the page and they probably don't sanitize them

lol I bet this is it

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Shaggar posted:

They added teams chats to the Graph API, but only read access so its totally pointless. also the graph api is slow as gently caress

edge my teams graph node

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also teams is on chome 61 and electron 2.0.8 which I guess is ancient so there are probably plenty of security problems in there.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Boiled Water posted:

edge my teams graph node

is it saturday night already

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

i think they said just in the last week that teams now has feature parity with s4b so expect the discontinuation announcement soon

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

:toot:

one of the few common pieces of software yospos can't manage even a token proponent of

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idgaf about s4b cause its really bad. teams is just barely good enough that its not worth entertaining other options

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Shaggar posted:

idgaf about s4b cause its really bad. teams is just barely good enough that its not worth entertaining other options

slack

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
seriously, slack is better than teams in every way, and no one in upper management is taking that away from us

because they use it too

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
slack is not good enough to be worth it

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

yeah, slack pricing is pretty crazy, it costs 25% more per seat than office 365 essentials, and the latter then includes exchange email (with custom domain) and 1tb of onedrive storage on top of teams.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

companies should show how "hip" and "with it" they are by adopting discord

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

discord has possibly the worst UI I’ve ever seen in a chat app, beating out longtime champs Skype for biz and others I can’t think of right now

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

Drastic Actions posted:

seriously, slack is better than teams in every way, and no one in upper management is taking that away from us

because they use it too

xamarin gets a pass on stuff like this because microsoft has over-corrected toward being hands-off with acquired companies after some, uhh, previous difficulties

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

we were looking at slack until we realized that even admins cant view/join private channels. your only option is to dump chat history and read if you want to make sure that someone didnt sign you up for a gigantic harassment lawsuit

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I don't think theres an easy way for admins to view private chats in teams but you can see the content via search and compliance. you can also disable private chats entirely.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
normal teams channels admins can join and view at any time

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
actually I take that back. I can read other peoples private chats via the API.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Drastic Actions posted:

because they use it too

slack is worse than teams

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

the context is that xamarin has a very large percentage of remote employees and a culture that revolves around slack chats. when acquired by microsoft that didn't change, because microsoft now tries to avoid immediately destroying its acquisitions.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Fiedler posted:

the context is that xamarin has a very large percentage of remote employees and a culture that revolves around slack chats. when acquired by microsoft that didn't change, because microsoft now tries to avoid immediately destroying its acquisitions.

teams didn't exist when we were acquired, that happened after.

tbf to Teams, they do listen to feedback and have gotten better overtime. all of our video chats are over Teams now and it's quite nice! it's just the whole "chat" part they refuse to fix. like, when you refuse to budge on fuckin white space between messages, :wtf:

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
a large portion of devdiv doesn't use Teams, and instead functions through large multicolor tagged email chains that will probably result in a meeting and a calendar invite for all CCed.

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

Drastic Actions posted:

no, but yammer did.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Drastic Actions posted:

tbf to Teams, they do listen to feedback and have gotten better overtime. all of our video chats are over Teams now and it's quite nice! it's just the whole "chat" part they refuse to fix. like, when you refuse to budge on fuckin white space between messages, :wtf:

the whitespace between messages for normal chats seems to be fine, but there are quirks like short messages being impossible to copy because theres a menu that appears on hover that obscures the message.

teams chats/channels are horrible because they think people want threaded chat which is the dumbest thing in the world.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the biggest problem with teams is by far the client. electron sucks so much rear end

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I have a business idea, make an electron to native code transpiler

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Perplx posted:

I have a business idea, make an electron to native code transpiler

electron os

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fiedler posted:

no, but yammer did.

I like their beer pong tables

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the worst bit of teams is the activity pane showing every new individual message from every channel (and no new messages from private chats) rather than the same thing of just “here’s your unread chats and channels”

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:gonk:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Last Chance posted:

discord has possibly the worst UI I’ve ever seen in a chat app, beating out longtime champs Skype for biz and others I can’t think of right now

Discord is not as bad as teams

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Anyone know how much Mattermost sucks for enterprise use? I'm thinking we should go with that since it's on-premise which so far isn't an option for teams and slack

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

r u ready to WALK posted:

Anyone know how much Mattermost sucks for enterprise use? I'm thinking we should go with that since it's on-premise which so far isn't an option for teams and slack

I run a matter most server, the mobile app is the worst loving dog poo poo

The devs really want to put react native on their resume for when they jump over to some other project they want to get paid to gently caress up

Search is also basically worthless

I'm looking at migrating to a non federated synapse install rn, don't have enough experience to comment on that one yet

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Been going nuts trying to figure out why Mame has been freaking out on my mame cabinet the past few months. No matter what, the first game loads like poo poo. It takes forever for the game to start and it's impossible to kill until a solid two minutes passes. Then after that, mame loads perfectly every time (until I reboot and the poo poo show starts again).

Apparently this is a very common issue with windows 10 update 1803. Against my better judgment I updated windows 10 on this thing and the furtherst I've been able to go back is 1809. Is there any way to force this pos os to go back to 17xx? Maybe by manually installing that update or something? It took such a ridiculous amount of time to set this thing up that formatting and reinstalling my 17xx Win 10 disc isn't really a feasible option

I already checked and no I did not have system restore turned on. I'll be sure to block updates again after I get back to update 17xx or lower, but I need some help getting there

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the only way to make money in online chat is through fascism, op. the rest follows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Hoobastank4ever97 posted:

Been going nuts trying to figure out why Mame has been freaking out on my mame cabinet the past few months. No matter what, the first game loads like poo poo. It takes forever for the game to start and it's impossible to kill until a solid two minutes passes. Then after that, mame loads perfectly every time (until I reboot and the poo poo show starts again).

Apparently this is a very common issue with windows 10 update 1803. Against my better judgment I updated windows 10 on this thing and the furtherst I've been able to go back is 1809. Is there any way to force this pos os to go back to 17xx? Maybe by manually installing that update or something? It took such a ridiculous amount of time to set this thing up that formatting and reinstalling my 17xx Win 10 disc isn't really a feasible option

I already checked and no I did not have system restore turned on. I'll be sure to block updates again after I get back to update 17xx or lower, but I need some help getting there
how about installing windows 7 instead, never updating it or connecting it to the internet, and calling it a day?