Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Millow posted:

Mr. Weed looks even weedier than I imagined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
also super metal

or maybe that's because of the thrash music in the background

either way I want to hang with you guys

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Is that Kreator

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I would like to hang out but I don't think I could keep up with all the weird drugs.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

spankmeister posted:

Does Mr. Weed know the inside out rolling technique as well?

Heck, even I don't know what that technique is. Care to introduce the two of us about that technique? :)

Dick Bastardly posted:

either way I want to hang with you guys

If you ever come to visit Zagreb, consider yourself invited! :)

Doctor Malaver posted:

Is that Kreator

I have no clue, I'm not a big fan of metal when I'm sober. When I'm on amphetamines, I for some reason really dig metal music! :D

By the way, Mr. Weed looks menacing not because he's a tough guy or a bad person, but because he likes when other people think of him as a dangerous weirdo - it amuses him to no end. But in reality, he's a goody-two-shoes who wouldn't crush an ant. :)

Here, have an another cute video of me petting Bobbie with camera up close, while Mr. Weed is strumming. The video is shot in HD I think and is even more relaxing than the video I upload before. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbFaBxjbX0

Cheers guys, I need to hit the sack. :)

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Here, have an another cute video of me petting Bobbie with camera up close, while Mr. Weed is strumming. The video is shot in HD I think and is even more relaxing than the video I upload before. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtbFaBxjbX0

Cheers guys, I need to hit the sack. :)

I love empty Lowenbrau bottle stack. Feels like home.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Heck, even I don't know what that technique is. Care to introduce the two of us about that technique? :)

That's how we used to roll then when I was a wee lad in school.

What you do is you put the rolling paper with the glue edge on the outside. You roll it up and the glue ends up behind the outside layer of paper, you lick the glue through the outside making sure the outside paper is wet enough that it permeates through and activates the glue on the inside, but not so wet that the paper tears. After the glue dries a bit you carefully tear off or burn off the excess paper on the outside.

It sounds like a lot of work but once you get the hang of it it's easy. The benefit is that you're not smoking all that paper and it looks better too.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

You managed to stay out of trouble this week buddy?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Nova88 posted:

You managed to stay out of trouble this week buddy?

You know, I heeded goons' advice for once and decided to go out with Mr Weed. There was a concert by the band called Marduk, I didn't go for the music, I went to meet some new people. And you know what, I had a blast, met some utter weirdos as well, like Sasha the junkie who went looking for a bakery but ended up at a concert by mistake because he was high as balls. And then there was a girl called Iva who didn't waste her time getting drunk, she drank vodka straight from the 1L bottle. When the concert ended, they had to carry her out because she was unconscious. We couldn't leave her there, lots of bad things can happen to a passed-out woman, so Mr Weed and I called a cab and took her home to Mr Weed's to sober up a bit. She almost impaled herself on a guitar stand before we sat her in an armchair because she couldn't even sit in one place without flopping over. We then got her a blanket so she wouldn't catch a cold and let her sleep it off. In the morning however, she had a few beers at a cafe and something broke in her brain or something, she just can't take her liquor (but she sure loves drinking it!) so Mr Weed had to phone me so that the two of us would carry her home. Again. She then passed out once again, and then Mr Weed CALLED HER MOM to come over and pick up her wasted daughter. The poor woman was extremely embarrassed, and no wonder, the two of us had to carry the girl to her mom's car. How she got her out of the car, I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if she called an ambulance due to acute alcohol poisoning. The drunks usually spend a few days in a looneybin, sobering up, and this girl was so wasted that I suppose it would've taken her at least three days to come to her senses. But all is good that ends good, we had a good time and nothing bad happened to the girl. :)

Oh, and Mr Weed thought he packed a sweater in his bag, turned out he took his longjohns by mistake and it was really cold outside. We would have called a cab anyway. :)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Since we don’t have a Croatian flag smiley, I offer you :dance: and :beerpal: in return for this delightful story.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

This sort of a thing is a much more wholesome way to spend time compared to chair cooking, stay on this track.

I forget, what's your job situation atm, you still trying to find one?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Nova88 posted:

I forget, what's your job situation atm, you still trying to find one?

I'm a professionally unemployed beard grower who gets by by renting out two apartments I own. In fact a week or so from now, I'll be going to the medical commission because I'm looking to get on the welfare train. I'm not actively looking for a job because the medication I'm taking is trashing my brain, and not in a particularly good way. To put it simply, I'm senile at 36. You can explain all kinds of stuff to me, but I'd forget we had a conversation about 20 seconds later. To make the matters worse, I'm a forklift and truck driver. The meds are making me woozy and I absolutely should not drive anything. Besides, you don't often hear a guy saying this, but I'll admit that I'm a terrible driver. When I took the forklift at the last job I had, I rammed the forks into the bosses office, and then wrecked the folding ramp doors because I didn't pay attention to the goddamn forks. :ughh: Good thing I didn't get anyone killed with the machine. :ughh:

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

the medication I'm taking is trashing my brain

Yeah, the problem is probably the prescribed medication, in prescribed doses.

BTW if you wanted to, you could get a non-driving job. It seems like in Zagreb one in three businesses has a 'help wanted' sign - bars, bakeries, exchange offices, stores, fast food chains...

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Doctor Malaver posted:

Yeah, the problem is probably the prescribed medication, in prescribed doses.

Promazine is seriously loving with my mind, and the strange truth is that I'm actually taking my meds in prescribed doses. Mr Weed warned me against promazine as it's making me retarded, but it's not the only culprit.

Doctor Malaver posted:

'help wanted' sign - bars, bakeries, exchange offices, stores, fast food chains...

And how long do you think I could work such a job without lunging at somebody with a butchers knife? 23 minutes?

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

Promazine is seriously loving with my mind, and the strange truth is that I'm actually taking my meds in prescribed doses. Mr Weed warned me against promazine as it's making me retarded, but it's not the only culprit.

And how long do you think I could work such a job without lunging at somebody with a butchers knife? 23 minutes?

the teenage waitstaff set is no different but just too chickenshit to do anything out of the ordinary,. an instinct that has kept me out of trouble once or twice

(projecting my individual millennial feelings on an entire generation who are also about half my age and in a different part of europe because why not. Kids never do anything original)

Shame you can't drive forklifts etc, you actually kinda liked that i think. Right?

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

The point is that there is plenty of work available. Not everything is customer facing. There's farm work. Construction and trades. There are people teaching Chinese kids English over the internet. I mean, if you don't want to work or you believe you are too disabled for any kind of paid work, OK. But don't frame it like "I'm a driver who can't drive therefore :tootzzz:"

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Doctor Malaver posted:

Construction and trades.

This is a valid point. And once again, Mr Weed comes to rescue: he phoned me a few minutes ago and asked me if I'm willing to work as a helping hand at a construction site - and I agreed. This isn't the first time I'm working with Mr Weed, he knows that I'm taking work seriously, he wouldn't have called me otherwise.

What a guy!

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Promazine is seriously loving with my mind, and the strange truth is that I'm actually taking my meds in prescribed doses.

OK, normally I'd be on the "haha yeah I'm suuuuure it's the prescribed drugs" side, but guys, promazine is a literal horse tranquilizer. It's a 1950s-era antipsychotic that's no longer approved for human use in the US, but it IS still used by veterinarians to calm "fractious" horses. :stare:

50s/60s psychiatric drugs are a wild loving ride. The stupor that first-gen antipsychotics caused was considered a sign that they were working! Much respect to you, ASF, old-rear end-drug buddy. I take an ancient antidepressant that was removed from the market for a few years in the 60s because it killed some people, and it took a while for them to figure out why. :newlol:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Bongos, Bass, and Bob - The Thorazine Shuffle

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

You know, I heeded goons' advice for once and decided to go out with Mr Weed. There was a concert by the band called Marduk, I didn't go for the music, I went to meet some new people. And you know what, I had a blast, met some utter weirdos as well, like Sasha the junkie who went looking for a bakery but ended up at a concert by mistake because he was high as balls. And then there was a girl called Iva who didn't waste her time getting drunk, she drank vodka straight from the 1L bottle. When the concert ended, they had to carry her out because she was unconscious. We couldn't leave her there, lots of bad things can happen to a passed-out woman, so Mr Weed and I called a cab and took her home to Mr Weed's to sober up a bit. She almost impaled herself on a guitar stand before we sat her in an armchair because she couldn't even sit in one place without flopping over. We then got her a blanket so she wouldn't catch a cold and let her sleep it off. In the morning however, she had a few beers at a cafe and something broke in her brain or something, she just can't take her liquor (but she sure loves drinking it!) so Mr Weed had to phone me so that the two of us would carry her home. Again. She then passed out once again, and then Mr Weed CALLED HER MOM to come over and pick up her wasted daughter. The poor woman was extremely embarrassed, and no wonder, the two of us had to carry the girl to her mom's car. How she got her out of the car, I have no idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if she called an ambulance due to acute alcohol poisoning. The drunks usually spend a few days in a looneybin, sobering up, and this girl was so wasted that I suppose it would've taken her at least three days to come to her senses. But all is good that ends good, we had a good time and nothing bad happened to the girl. :)

Oh, and Mr Weed thought he packed a sweater in his bag, turned out he took his longjohns by mistake and it was really cold outside. We would have called a cab anyway. :)
you're a 21st century chekhov

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

nankeen posted:

you're a 21st century chekhov

In that if there’s a drug in the first paragraph, it’s going to be ingested in the second?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

That's it. I'm oficially burned out from all the drugs. I did a ton of speed paste the last few weeks, and decided to call it quits after I pissed my bed profusely - I mean, it wasn't just a small whiz, I somehow produced a man-sized pool of piss in the bed which even soaked the pillow. I had to flip the mat after blowing my trusty old shop fan onto it for a whole day, and yet the mat still hasn't dried out completely - before flipping, sitting on the mat was like sitting on a wet kitchen sponge (which is gross for a number of reasons.) For some reason, the mat doesn't smell of piss too much, the pee was obviously very diluted with water. Where did I store all that bloody pisswater, now that's a question for the ages!

I am now in a very strange position where 1) I'm taking my drugs AS PRESCRIBED, 2) am not addicted to any illegal substance, and 3) being relatively able-bodied for work.

One negative thing remains with me and it's the tobacco. The tobacco I'm smoking now was bought by mr weed and while the baccy looks decent enough, it has a revolting taste which results in machine-gun coughing even in someone who's been smoking for 20+ years. Mr weed gave it to me, like, try smoking this and if you can't, just throw it away because it's godawful. I got me an asthma inhaler so I'd be able to smoke it (which is dumb and gay.)

So one last hurdle for me before joining the workforce again is smoking. I would very much like to quit smoking because I feel that tobacco is killing me on the inside. After I had my surgery, I only cared about one thing - a ciggy - and I was devastated when they wouldn't let me blaze it in the hospital room. By the way, it's incredibly easy to bum smokes at the hospital. Just walk over to the maternity ward where extremely worried daddies-to-be are waiting for the news that their wife gave birth. They will usually be chain smoking from nervousness, and once their wife gives birth, they'll be overjoyed and might even give you a whole pack of cigs, not just one or two. Hell, I chain-smoked at the hospital even though I forgot my wallet at home. :)

I have a book called "easyway to stop smoking" written by a guy who died out of lung cancer. I actually did not smoke for a few months after reading the book, but that was ages ago. I still have the book so I'll read it again one of these days - it's not like my schedule is very busy or something. The thing about smoking is that if you're a smoker, surrounded by nonsmoking coworkers, your frequent smoking breaks can cause a lot of friction between you and them, and that's something I'd rather avoid.

Therfore - quit smoking, get a job, everybody is hiring. :hurr:

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Don’t push yourself too hard, ASFB. Focus on maintaining and worry about the cigarettes later. You’ve been doing it a long time, and a little longer won’t hurt. Many rehabs I’ve been in don’t bother trying to get people to stop smoking and while they are in care doing the hard stuft. Tobacco is its own separate beast.

Glad you are doing well! And for fucks sake buy a new mattress like right now

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

e; I chopped the poo poo out of that and can’t edit.

I was trying to say rehabs here in the US, many places don’t try to get people to stop nicotine when they are coming off the ‘harder’ stuff

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

I was just wondering about you yesterday, and I'm seconding the recommendation to put off quitting smoking for at least a few months (but it's probably worth it to throw that stuff out and get something smoother).

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

"Croatio: I got me an asthma inhaler so I'd be able to smoke it"

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

That's it. I'm oficially burned out from all the drugs. I did a ton of speed paste the last few weeks, and decided to call it quits after I pissed my bed profusely - I mean, it wasn't just a small whiz, I somehow produced a man-sized pool of piss in the bed which even soaked the pillow. I had to flip the mat after blowing my trusty old shop fan onto it for a whole day, and yet the mat still hasn't dried out completely - before flipping, sitting on the mat was like sitting on a wet kitchen sponge (which is gross for a number of reasons.) For some reason, the mat doesn't smell of piss too much, the pee was obviously very diluted with water. Where did I store all that bloody pisswater, now that's a question for the ages!

I am now in a very strange position where 1) I'm taking my drugs AS PRESCRIBED, 2) am not addicted to any illegal substance, and 3) being relatively able-bodied for work.

One negative thing remains with me and it's the tobacco. The tobacco I'm smoking now was bought by mr weed and while the baccy looks decent enough, it has a revolting taste which results in machine-gun coughing even in someone who's been smoking for 20+ years. Mr weed gave it to me, like, try smoking this and if you can't, just throw it away because it's godawful. I got me an asthma inhaler so I'd be able to smoke it (which is dumb and gay.)

So one last hurdle for me before joining the workforce again is smoking. I would very much like to quit smoking because I feel that tobacco is killing me on the inside. After I had my surgery, I only cared about one thing - a ciggy - and I was devastated when they wouldn't let me blaze it in the hospital room. By the way, it's incredibly easy to bum smokes at the hospital. Just walk over to the maternity ward where extremely worried daddies-to-be are waiting for the news that their wife gave birth. They will usually be chain smoking from nervousness, and once their wife gives birth, they'll be overjoyed and might even give you a whole pack of cigs, not just one or two. Hell, I chain-smoked at the hospital even though I forgot my wallet at home. :)

I have a book called "easyway to stop smoking" written by a guy who died out of lung cancer. I actually did not smoke for a few months after reading the book, but that was ages ago. I still have the book so I'll read it again one of these days - it's not like my schedule is very busy or something. The thing about smoking is that if you're a smoker, surrounded by nonsmoking coworkers, your frequent smoking breaks can cause a lot of friction between you and them, and that's something I'd rather avoid.

Therfore - quit smoking, get a job, everybody is hiring. :hurr:

tobacco is a nasty addiction to break. if you mean allen carr, i know people who've managed to quit using that method he came up with so you can give that a shot if you want. But don't let it be a Thing that sits between you and getting a job, people understand if you take a smoke break because you are a nicotine addict even in places where barely anyone still smokes. Especially if you're not too hot on smoking yourself any longer

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hey here's an idea: if you get a job you can afford real cigarettes and you won't have to smoke Mr. Weed's airmpit hair.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

After I had my surgery, I only cared about one thing - a ciggy - and I was devastated when they wouldn't let me blaze it in the hospital room. By the way, it's incredibly easy to bum smokes at the hospital. Just walk over to the maternity ward where extremely worried daddies-to-be are waiting for the news that their wife gave birth. They will usually be chain smoking from nervousness, and once their wife gives birth, they'll be overjoyed and might even give you a whole pack of cigs, not just one or two. Hell, I chain-smoked at the hospital even though I forgot my wallet at home. :)
you're a beautiful creature in your own way

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I don't want to sound like a twat, but vaping is a pretty decent move for such a hardened smoker.

Plus, I'd love to see pictures of old Serbian vapes.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

Tortuga posted:

I don't want to sound like a twat, but vaping is a pretty decent move for such a hardened smoker.

Helped me quit or at least had my cravings diminished, that’s for sure. Went from pack a day to vaping nicotine occasionally (sometimes months without). Not sure what the vaping situation is in Croatia but it’s definitely cheaper at least in my experience.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

you were warned posted:

OK, normally I'd be on the "haha yeah I'm suuuuure it's the prescribed drugs" side, but guys, promazine is a literal horse tranquilizer. It's a 1950s-era antipsychotic that's no longer approved for human use in the US, but it IS still used by veterinarians to calm "fractious" horses. :stare:

50s/60s psychiatric drugs are a wild loving ride. The stupor that first-gen antipsychotics caused was considered a sign that they were working! Much respect to you, ASF, old-rear end-drug buddy. I take an ancient antidepressant that was removed from the market for a few years in the 60s because it killed some people, and it took a while for them to figure out why. :newlol:

ya im p sure these old rear end neuroleptics are extremely not helpful to brain functioning tbh

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
the birth of a new croatian is celebrated by the baby's father by sharing a pack of cigarettes with a gentle shambling madman outside the ward

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

it has a revolting taste which results in machine-gun coughing even in someone who's been smoking for 20+ years.

Man, don't do that. You'd probably be better off picking up half smoked butts off the street. Why do that to yourself? It's obviously gone way off.

You've got enough money, how much could a legit fresh pack of rolling tobacco cost there? poo poo's relatively cheap everywhere.

So one last hurdle for me before joining the workforce again is smoking.

If I could suggest the order of priorities here, I'd just keep smoking (not armpit hair) regularly for now, get a job, get that money flowing and stability going, then work on tapering yourself off nicotine.

If you try to do it in the other order, neither one may ever happen.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Dr.Caligari posted:

Don’t push yourself too hard, ASFB. Focus on maintaining and worry about the cigarettes later. You’ve been doing it a long time, and a little longer won’t hurt. Many rehabs I’ve been in don’t bother trying to get people to stop smoking and while they are in care doing the hard stuft. Tobacco is its own separate beast.

Glad you are doing well! And for fucks sake buy a new mattress like right now

You know, I think you're right about not quitting cigarettes for now. I often get up at witching hours just so I'd shuffle around the apartment for a few minutes and light a smoke, like everybody shuffled in the looneybin corridor, and there was a very popular spot at the end of the hallway and it was the smoking room. People generally ignored the communal room with a TV for two reasons, first, the chairs were very uncomfortable, and second, there was this burly guy who'd sit there all day long and talk to the TV, which was beyond annoying to witness.

Tortuga posted:

I got on the vaping bandwagon very early on, and had no end of trouble with leaking tanks and having to constantly spit out the ejuice that would get into my mouth. I hope for everyone's sake that electronic cigarettes have improved in the past ten years or so, those pioneering ecigs were garbage.

The Butcher posted:

Man, don't do that. You'd probably be better off picking up half smoked butts off the street. Why do that to yourself? It's obviously gone way off.

So goons finally figured out that I'm not above picking up half-smoked butts out of the trashcans and recycling them by smoking them to the end. I never voiced this, but goons are onto me. :D

The Butcher posted:

You've got enough money, how much could a legit fresh pack of rolling tobacco cost there? poo poo's relatively cheap everywhere.

It's like five bucks for a tiny baggy, legal tobacco is really expensive when compared to my miniscule purchasing power. The bootleg poo poo I'm smoking now is a reject, even by bootleg standards. :ughh:

It'll probably turn out that I won't even try to quit smoking. Tobacco relieves me of akathisia which is a side effect of neuroleptic drugs. That's why I said that I often get up in the middle of the night so I'd shuffle around the apartment a bit and smoke a ciggy before returning to bed some ten minutes later.

I still have to be kind to myself and let the things slowly stabilize. I cold turkeyed tramadol and speed, it wasn't fun. Besides, I have hospital stuff coming up so that's another reason why I'm not in a hurry to either quit smoking or look for a job. But this state shouldn't drag on for months obviously.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

I still have to be kind to myself and let the things slowly stabilize.

this. take care of yourself, even if that's by buying slightly-above-garbage-tier tobacco. You're doing a hell of a lot harm reduction in the short term by kicking the trams and speed (did you combine them? Is that worthwhile at all??), be proud of that. weird that cigarettesare the one addictive substance that are too expensive to buy the nice kind of. I guess you might be aware of this but smoking is exremely prevalent in people with schizophrenia and related disorders for whatever reason. So while you can definitely quit (vaping has gotten wayyyy better in a decade too), some of the medication you've mentioned being on makes me think you might belong to that group, and have a harder time quitting/some natural gravitation towards smoking more than others might have.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Being kind to yourself is really important. I'm glad you're on the harm reduction self care train, choo choo!

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Old Binsby posted:

smoking is exremely prevalent in people with schizophrenia and related disorders for whatever reason

speaking for myself, schizos like things that feel good and also ive heard they take the edge of meds

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

Old Binsby posted:

Trams and speed (did you combine them? Is that worthwhile at all??),

I imagine it’s like the poor mans (even more dangerous, in ways) speedball . Not to get too deep in it, but trams will do weird things straight opiates/-iods won’t do, like lower seizure threshold. Speed will just make that worse too

Ceasing that combo is priority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Dr.Caligari posted:

I imagine it’s like the poor mans (even more dangerous, in ways) speedball . Not to get too deep in it, but trams will do weird things straight opiates/-iods won’t do, like lower seizure threshold. Speed will just make that worse too

Ceasing that combo is priority.

Once again, goons are onto me. I decided to quit combining trams and speed after I had a seizure on the street, on the 1st of May, while going to a party over at my friend's. Funny thing, one of the invitees was a prison doctor, and I was so high that I told him everything about where I'm getting my trams and poo poo. The guy understood me fully, but he didn't seem to be quite impressed by what happened on the street, some 15 minutes prior - you start talking tramadol and you know where this is going to end up at. :D