Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice
i was as breathless as the va... also, loving gross u filth get away from my bruno

also im sensing an epic double take in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Thumbtacks posted:

is there a reason in particular that giorno says the same thing dio says when they both punch a lot or is it just artistic choice to show that they're related

i know everyone kind of has their own unique thing they say so it's probably just a stylistic thing

He's the son of DIO, it would be disappointing if there wasn't at least one muda.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
That ending reveal though :eyepop:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

that was some very good Mudamudamuda

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So a bit of a plot hole this week: Normally stands can only be hurt by other stands, so Sex Pistols being taken out by a scalpel doesn't make much sense.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Red Hot Chili Pepper dissolved in water and Baby Face blew up, it doesn't matter.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

RatHat posted:

So a bit of a plot hole this week: Normally stands can only be hurt by other stands, so Sex Pistols being taken out by a scalpel doesn't make much sense.

The scalpel was to remove his own limbs. He attacked with a stand hand enhanced kung-fu chop.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arist posted:

Red Hot Chili Pepper dissolved in water and Baby Face blew up, it doesn't matter.

Baby Face was a flesh and blood being and Chili Pepper was made of electricity.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cioccolata taking himself apart like that and using the mold to do so is the first time in this entire series I was like "hold on, that's bullshit and you know it."

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
THAT was the first time you thought that?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Grapplejack posted:

Cioccolata taking himself apart like that and using the mold to do so is the first time in this entire series I was like "hold on, that's bullshit and you know it."

I love it because it turns Cioccolata into a hosed up version of Buggy from One Piece.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I also feel like the mold rotting and destroying that tree branch should have probably did the same to Cioccolata because of the damage reflection thing but that's also not something we see Giorno doing anymore so whatevs. This was a good Giorno episode IMO.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Glagha posted:

I also feel like the mold rotting and destroying that tree branch should have probably did the same to Cioccolata because of the damage reflection thing but that's also not something we see Giorno doing anymore so whatevs. This was a good Giorno episode IMO.

Yeah, it sure is lucky for Passione that Giorno can't remember half the poo poo his stand can do.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
THAT loving WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY HOLY poo poo

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Glagha posted:

The damage was reflected onto the mold and the mold died

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
I was expecting the muda muda. I WAS NOT EXPECTING THE WRYYYYYY!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3omuhsFPlY

you knew it was coming

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
In other news I did not expect that watching a man get beaten to death would be so satisfying

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

was that loving polnareff at the end? that's some good poo poo

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The change in sound effect for the WRY cut was spine tingling.

Speaking of who Giorno is related to, the "now you're gonna say" bit stood out to both me and my brother. I know it's not Joseph, but between that and the muda-wry we were like "hammering home he's a diostar this ep"

DamnGlitch fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 25, 2019

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i think jojo is a good

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

that was some extremely good jojos

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Was this the one hundred some pages beatdown that people have semi-spoilered me about???

ALSO WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE OFF THE EPISODE WITH THAT MAN

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Willsun posted:

Was this the one hundred some pages beatdown that people have semi-spoilered me about???

ALSO WHY WOULD YOU LEAVE OFF THE EPISODE WITH THAT MAN

100, seven, close enough

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
My page count is using JoJo time in seconds conversion units...roughly. Dio's final time stop to go from 0 to 7 seconds was 60 seconds of anime time.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Murata is the one who actually does 100 pages

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I've not read the manga but hearing it was 7 pages long, I think the anime made the beating just the right length. It made me think "wow, this really just goes, huh?" and then it kept going even longer than I could have expected.

That seems to have been the intended reaction of it being 7 pages in the manga, so they accomplished the same thing with 30 seconds of punching imo.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Chocolate-boy was disappointingly intact when he fell into the rubbish truck, though.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I'm kinda disappointed the VA didn't have the lung power to do all that in one take.

Anyway, Secco! Does that make him the only actively fighting Villain Of The Week to be around for 4 episodes?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

goblin week posted:

I'm kinda disappointed the VA didn't have the lung power to do all that in one take.

Anyway, Secco! Does that make him the only actively fighting Villain Of The Week to be around for 4 episodes?

Well he did not attack in the first episode.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Didnt Red hot chili pepper last for quite a while?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

goblin week posted:

To be fair Giorno had a hole in his lung so one take would have been unrealistic

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AnEdgelord posted:

In other news I did not expect that watching a man get beaten to death would be so satisfying

It's the sound design goddamit, just...both it and Yugo Kanno's soundtracks are easily my favorite sound/music work in all of anime atm.

That and the VAs knocking it out of the park for this obviously. I love how the MUDAs are basically like an engine revving up until the WRYYY makes you think it's got nitro added or some poo poo. The phrase: "That's the sound of the big machine revving up to pound your rear end" really came to mind with this.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 25, 2019

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Augus posted:

that was some very good Mudamudamuda

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

IDONTPOST posted:

was that loving polnareff at the end? that's some good poo poo

Yes. The Stardust Crusaders allusion in the laptop guy's debut episode wasn't even in the manga.

Tir McDohl posted:

I've not read the manga but hearing it was 7 pages long, I think the anime made the beating just the right length. It made me think "wow, this really just goes, huh?" and then it kept going even longer than I could have expected.

That seems to have been the intended reaction of it being 7 pages in the manga, so they accomplished the same thing with 30 seconds of punching imo.

Apparently it was five pages originally, then Araki thought "gently caress Chocolate, though" and went back to add two more.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I just wish Cioccolata had simply exploded or been turned to pile of bones and organs after all those punches. Seeing a slightly bleeding body fall into a garbage truck was okay but I wanted a more gruesome end result.

Or maybe that did happen but then GOLD EXPERIENCE put him back together :hmmyes:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SpartanIvy posted:

I just wish Cioccolata had simply exploded or been turned to pile of bones and organs after all those punches. Seeing a slightly bleeding body fall into a garbage truck was okay but I wanted a more gruesome end result.

Or maybe that did happen but then GOLD EXPERIENCE put him back together :hmmyes:

yeah, these punch ghosts are supposed to be strong enough to break through stone and metal, they should be able to render some creep into a thin red paste

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Stand users are well known for being more durable than stone and metal.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yes. The Stardust Crusaders allusion in the laptop guy's debut episode wasn't even in the manga.

Apparently it was five pages originally, then Araki thought "gently caress Chocolate, though" and went back to add two more.

He looked back and said "drat, what if I added a two page spreader too"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

yeah, these punch ghosts are supposed to be strong enough to break through stone and metal, they should be able to render some creep into a thin red paste

Gold Experience is explicitly pretty physically weak for a short-ranged Stand. Sticky Fingers is the gang's bruiser.