Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

klafbang posted:

Tesla: now with interior skidmarks

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

i wonder how the employees feel when they grab at toilet paper that isn't there and curse themselves for forgetting to grab theirs from their bag when they'll remember that
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/24/business/highest-paid-ceos-2018.html
"Compensation for top bosses grew at double the pace of ordinary workers’ wages, according to our annual analysis. Topping the list: Elon Musk, with a $2.3 billion package."
enron's bringing home the money

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

has anyone said enron musk yet

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Here's an analyst for ARK investing who says everyone else is wrong

quote:

We have updated and now are open-sourcing that extract with the following conclusions. Even if full autonomy turns out to be “science fiction” and Tesla cannot produce an autonomous car, ARK estimates that the electric vehicle opportunity alone would boost its stock 2-6 fold from $195 today to $560-$1,200 by 2023. If Tesla does solve for full autonomy, however, and its electric vehicle (EV) production surpasses our bear case estimates, TSLA could scale significantly higher than our previous $4,000* price target during the next five years, thanks to our newly introduced bull case for electric vehicle volumes.

Here's where she decided to show her math and will probably be looking for a new job soon

https://twitter.com/Keubiko/status/1131974933037424640

https://twitter.com/Keubiko/status/1131978917198344194

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

quote:

In our original model we forecasted that Tesla would sell roughly 1.7 million EVs in 2023. The key variable impacting our original bull and bear cases was not the number of EVs sold, but Tesla’s ability to launch an autonomous taxi network. During our podcast, Elon Musk noted that Tesla could produce 3 million EVs in 2023.1 As a result, we have modeled a bull case for EV sales at 3 million units in 2023, which would be consistent with an exponential ramp in production.

L M A O

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

SIGSEGV posted:

i wonder how the employees feel when they grab at toilet paper that isn't there and curse themselves for forgetting to grab theirs from their bag when they'll remember that
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/24/business/highest-paid-ceos-2018.html
"Compensation for top bosses grew at double the pace of ordinary workers’ wages, according to our annual analysis. Topping the list: Elon Musk, with a $2.3 billion package."
enron's bringing home the money

I think his pay package is based off of the Tesla stock hitting multi-1000s though, lol. he and his board are such idiots

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I bet she's the K in ARK

E: holy poo poo it's an actual firm with more than 3 jackasses lmao what the gently caress

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 24, 2019

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Here's an analyst for ARK investing who says everyone else is wrong

Here's where she decided to show her math and will probably be looking for a new job soon

prolly a promotion in this trio of genius brains

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
"imagine, if you will, that tesla was a fundamentally different company led by a fundamentally different c-suite and it solved a problem nobody else has in the world decades ahead of schedule. why, in that case, wouldn't it be worth a lot of money?"

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

"imagine, if you will, that tesla was a fundamentally different company led by a fundamentally different c-suite and it solved a problem nobody else has in the world decades ahead of schedule. why, in that case, wouldn't it be worth a lot of money?"

congrats, you can be an analyst

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

loving lol that perceiving something as exponential growth didn't ring any warning bells

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

loving lol that perceiving something as exponential growth didn't ring any warning bells
hmm yes the numbers clearly show that in two years this money-losing company will be worth more than the gdp of the ten largest economies combined, this isnt triggering any kind of tingle in the back of my head that would tell me to maybe doublecheck my math

one of the first thing they taught me in grad school was that if you stumble across a relationship with a 99%+ correlation, you are much more likely to have inadvertently matched a variable against itself (or a proxy) than you were to have made a nobel-prize winning discovery

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Rex-Goliath posted:

declaring bankruptcy != financial ruin when you're at that level of wealth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Blixseth

i met this dickhead and his dickhead ex-wife once. i guess once you have a certain number of 0s in the bank it becomes incredibly difficult to fail

our dear president has 6-8 bankruptcies and he probably still has at least a million dollars

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Roosevelt posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Blixseth

i met this dickhead and his dickhead ex-wife once. i guess once you have a certain number of 0s in the bank it becomes incredibly difficult to fail

our dear president has 6-8 bankruptcies and he probably still has at least a million dollars

I feel like I’ve cited a decision from this guy’s bankruptcy case recently and it’s going to annoy me all weekend until I find out for what.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Three Olives posted:
I swear everyone that owns an ICE car has stockholm syndrome, the maintenance on them loving sucks and buying gas is gross, inconvenient in generally just a pain in the rear end.

Tesla could have made their cars so much more appealing on that aspect had they not been well known to literally just fall apart by themselves.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 25, 2019

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
quoting three olive sans attribution is playing a dangerous game my friend

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

infernal machines posted:

quoting three olive sans attribution is playing a dangerous game my friend
Three Olives posted:
Oh please, don't act like buying gas isn't objectively gross, beggars harass you, even at a "nice" gas station I had a charity accost me, it's expensive, the pump handles are loving filthy, sometimes there are puddles of gasoline on the ground, there are news stories all the time about skimmers in the credit card readers, even the palpable despair, everyone looks bored and pissed off about even having to deal with the indignity.

And that's at the stations that aren't blaring video advertisements to you, captive customer.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
i was found out

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Oh please, don't act like buying gas isn't objectively gross, beggars harass you, even at a "nice" gas station I had a charity accost me, it's expensive, the pump handles are loving filthy, sometimes there are puddles of gasoline on the ground, there are news stories all the time about skimmers in the credit card readers, even the palpable despair, everyone looks bored and pissed off about even having to deal with the indignity.

And that's at the stations that aren't blaring video advertisements to you, captive customer.

Move

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
if all i had to go on was three olives’s posts, i would think Texas was indistinguishable from Bangladesh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
texas has far less culture than bangladesh

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

if I had an ev, I’d have to take an extra trip to a charger every couple days since I park on the street and don’t drive much. a tank of gas regularly lasts me two weeks or more.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Endless Mike posted:

if I had an ev, I’d have to take an extra trip to a charger every couple days since I park on the street and don’t drive much. a tank of gas regularly lasts me two weeks or more.

don’t worry we’re gonna get smart roads with inductive charging to fix that, any decade now!

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Soricidus posted:

don’t worry we’re gonna get smart roads with inductive charging to fix that, any decade now!

Speaking of, solar roadways, the bonkers kickstarter from half a decade back, is still making updates and people still make comments that suggest they believe in them. Gonna categorize it as "not a scam, just idiots."

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

How Elon Musk Turned Around Tesla By Installing Coin Operated Toilet Paper Dispensers

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

ted hitler posted:

How Elon Musk Turned Around Tesla By Installing Coin Operated Toilet Paper Dispensers

Wish you were limited to coin-op posting, but immediately thereafter were unable to find any coins (so that you would be unable to post, because your posts are not good).

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/SFBART/status/1132131527439990785
https://twitter.com/SFBART/status/1132134386558676992

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

klafbang posted:

Speaking of, solar roadways, the bonkers kickstarter from half a decade back, is still making updates and people still make comments that suggest they believe in them. Gonna categorize it as "not a scam, just idiots."

Excuse me, but it's solar freakin' roadways

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Wheany posted:

Excuse me, but it's solar freakin' roadways

If you can get a good video rendering of something people really wish existed, no matter how impossible, there's a good chance you can scam a few hundred thousand dollars off suckers on kickstarter.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh okay so he's just come out now and admitted that his idea does require hundreds of parallel tunnels to achieve meaningful throughput

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sagebrush posted:

oh okay so he's just come out now and admitted that his idea does require hundreds of parallel tunnels to achieve meaningful throughput

he's a vain, arrogant idiot, op

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

the sf bay area is definitely a good place to be drilling hundreds of tunnels

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Hundreds of tunnels through bedrock won't weaken that bedrock support in any ways, no sir.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hundreds of *layers* of tunnels, not just hundreds of tunnels

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

which means, what, tunnels going down 2500ft underground at minimum

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
elong is the o.g tunnel snake

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

elon tunnel

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lol they put it in picture form so they would make sure that elon would be able to understand it

next tweet for elon:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I know nothing of the BART aside from vague complaints. What should I know about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
it's underfunded and doesn't have great coverage, but it's still better than trying to drive