Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Dudes written two real books in 20 years

Joyce wrote Finnegans Wake in that time

See, Joyce took 20 years to write a single book that's mostly glossolalia! Gurm is doing twice as well while also railing rear end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Dias posted:

See, Joyce took 20 years to write a single book that's mostly glossolalia! Gurm is doing twice as well while also railing rear end!

Touche

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
i'm still pissed at Laurence Sterne: when i read Tristram Shandy i wanted to read the life and opinions of a gentleman, not the gentleman's father, or uncle, or anyone else--you drat cheat!!!!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Minh's playing Third Birthday with Woolie along. Be prepared for that trash fire.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Pat's whole gimmick is that he has opinions that follow logic only he understands and contradicts himself

Remember a long time ago when he said OS's are cheating even though he plays Third Strike and Virtua Fighter 5

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I sincerely doubt Pat knows when OS' are even in games unless an article gets brought up or an inflated twitter post passes by his eyes

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Loving 3S and complaining about OSs should be a felony, really.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"they're called the twisted because they twist!"

Goddamnit I blocked that out of my mind

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
On the podcast this week Woolie said "that lie trailer". All I could think of was the trailer for Fable with it came out. EVERY CHOICE. EVERY SINGLE ACTION. NO MATTER WHAT THERE WILL BE REACTIONS AND CONSEQUENCES. NO MATTER HOW SMALL IT WILL SHAPE YOUR DESTINY AND THE WORLD AROUND YOU. Then you basically were pure evil or pure good. And only like... 1 or 2 choices in the game mattered.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Final fantasy 13's debut trailer literally just layered a fake game UI over a cutscene

doos
Jan 1, 2015

That is a god drat intro alright.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
In a world where Hideaki Anno released his eva movies on time and they weren’t an exercise in him browbeating the audience into submission I’d totally be calling Pat a madman.

But the problem is, this is earth, Anno’s an rear end, GRRM is fart-arsing and Pat is right in all realms bar the realistic (regarding the refund thing).

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Final fantasy 13's debut trailer literally just layered a fake game UI over a cutscene

Which one? Regular 13 or vs 13? Any chance you remember it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KX-5VBbFco

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8dvMDFOFnA

I waited for this game for 3 years; all of my Middle School. Still hurts.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ConanThe3rd posted:

In a world where Hideaki Anno released his eva movies on time and they weren’t an exercise in him browbeating the audience into submission I’d totally be calling Pat a madman.

But the problem is, this is earth, Anno’s an rear end, GRRM is fart-arsing and Pat is right in all realms bar the realistic (regarding the refund thing).

Congratulations, this is the worst take

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I will never forgive grrm for depriving me of a trashy fantasy novel in a series where last two books were garbage anyway

Andrast fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 25, 2019

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Is it really bad for a prolific writer to stop writing when they hit it big and make enough money to never have to work again, especially considering how stressful writing for a living can be?

Like sure it's definitely disappointing and go ahead and complain but making value judgements over it seems a bit much.

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Mystic Mongol posted:

Emotional appeals? I'll give you a loving emotional appeal, you miserable poo poo.

I knew a woman who died. Bone cancer, lung cancer, a different bone cancer somehow, obesity, and also some sort of muscular distrophy I don't know the details of, all at the age of seventy. She died real slow--she spent the last year in her apartment, being cared for by her husband, unable to leave. She had good days and bad days, and on the good days she would fade in and out. She couldn't hold a book up to read it, which was hell for a writer. She couldn't watch television because she missed too much of the plot. She couldn't go places. The long, shouting arguments spirited debates she liked to engage in were entirely too exhausting. She couldn't enjoy the foods that made her so goddamn fat. She certainly couldn't write any more.

But she could still play video games. Skyrim moved at exactly her pace. When she was active, she could play the games she'd loved since before most of us goons were born. And when she faded, or drifted off, or when holding the controller limply in her lap was too much, that was fine. Accessibility settings had left her character invincible. Dialog didn't auto-proceed, so if she got tired part way through a conversation, it would patiently wait for her to come back. Combat, travel, inventory management, all of it would advance only when she was there. She spent the end of her life fighting the Draughr.

She was lucky--Skyrim was a game that would accommodate her. If she had been playing one of Hidetaka Miyazaki's games, he wouldn't have allowed her to ruin his artistic vision, and a dying old woman would have been stripped of one of the few pleasures she still had. So Hidetake Miyazaki can go gently caress himself.

And if you want to say she wasn't playing the game right, you can go gently caress yourself too.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
God gently caress off with this stupid dredging up old posts bullshit, it's so lame.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
nothing anyone posts in this thread can be as cringe inducing as being a fyad poster in 2019

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Minh has done 10 playthroughs of T3B

:ohno:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

somepartsareme posted:

nothing anyone posts in this thread can be as cringe inducing as being a fyad poster in 2019

*le ultimate cringe*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well how about that.

Viridiant posted:

Is it really bad for a prolific writer to stop writing when they hit it big and make enough money to never have to work again, especially considering how stressful writing for a living can be?

Like sure it's definitely disappointing and go ahead and complain but making value judgements over it seems a bit much.

I mean, I know it's just fiction books but absolutely keep putting the screws to rich people for absolutely any transgression.

Anyway, someone lemme know when Pat finally starts streaming Dragon Quest 11 again, the 2 hours of gamplay between his 11 hour long in total streams was really funny.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I like Pat, I think he's funny. :kiddo:

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
him and woolie are both are insanely funny and when woolie said them regularly doing lps together was "naive wishful thinking" it made me genuinely sad. it's like, yeah, that time in my life of them being together making me laugh through hard times really is over. :smith: i just call them both idiots to hide the pain, but don't tell anyone

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I downloaded the SBF XCOM 2 voice pack, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijvbFcA7GHw made a squad and had them sally forth.

Liam was the first casualty.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I downloaded the SBF XCOM 2 voice pack, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijvbFcA7GHw made a squad and had them sally forth.

that rules

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Gunjumping right down the barrel of a pistol to the end.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
That makes me want to play XCom 2 again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
can someone on twitter link this video to matt for me(I'm banned), think he might enjoy it. one of my favorite transformers reviewers turns out to be a huge godzilla fan and someone sent him a monsterarts 1994 godzilla figure, and he reviewed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVmecDCu7U&hd=1

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Captain Invictus posted:

can someone on twitter link this video to matt for me(I'm banned), think he might enjoy it. one of my favorite transformers reviewers turns out to be a huge godzilla fan and someone sent him a monsterarts 1994 godzilla figure, and he reviewed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVmecDCu7U&hd=1

how did you get banned from Matt's twitter

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
No I got permabanned from twitter itself

twitter tends to favor white supremacists a bunch because jack is a nazi, I got banned forever for calling them out too much, nothing to do with matt

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
I really wonder if Woolie means he watched the Tsukihime anime or played the vn

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Suddenly, Woolie's nice fighting game stream featuring UNIEL turns into kinkshaming Reggie for his foot fetish. I expected better of you, Woolie. Shameful.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Dias posted:

Suddenly, Woolie's nice fighting game stream featuring UNIEL turns into kinkshaming Reggie for his foot fetish. I expected better of you, Woolie. Shameful.

Found the one with the foot fetish.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Feet are gross and those who fetishize them are gross too :colbert:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Woolie confirmed to me that he no longer has time to watch or review new anime. :negative:

I can't find any decent ongoing anime podcasts ever since Weebcast ended.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Woolie confirmed to me that he no longer has time to watch or review new anime. :negative:

I can't find any decent ongoing anime podcasts ever since Weebcast ended.

at least he got to LoGH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Barent posted:

I really wonder if Woolie means he watched the Tsukihime anime or played the vn

Had to have been the VN. It's hard to watch something that doesn't exist, you know?