Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

colachute posted:

not sure this is a question they really want me to answer

A whole bunch of people are answering it honestly, last I checked. I don’t know why they thought it would go over well in literally any way, but here we find ourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It's because whatever Civil Affairs NCO who runs that account drank the kool-aid and the thought of people not liking the army never entered their mind.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

A Bad Poster posted:

It's because whatever Civil Affairs NCO who runs that account drank the kool-aid and the thought of people not liking the army never entered their mind.

I think you meant public affairs, civil affairs dudes are too busy digging wells in Afghanistan to run a twitter account.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
HQDA/G5 probably yeah.

Amusingly strategic communications at the service level is one of the few things they're kept uniform-only. Everything OSD/JS level is done by professional stratcom contractors.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

The best part is that dude posted it yesterday, then took off for the three day.

"Why, I love the Army. Everyone else must too!"

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I think you meant public affairs, civil affairs dudes are too busy digging wells in Afghanistan to run a twitter account.

Yeah, that's it. I always get those two confused.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vasudus posted:

HQDA/G5 probably yeah.

Amusingly strategic communications at the service level is one of the few things they're kept uniform-only. Everything OSD/JS level is done by professional stratcom contractors.

I mobbed with a PAO who hated it because in his civilian life he is a Professor and writes on strategic comms and in his mil life he is treated like a dullard LT instead of a SME

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Nick Soapdish posted:

he is treated like a dullard LT

Well, he did sign up so...

Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/thymetikon/status/1131702577878503425

mlmp08 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 25, 2019

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

im about to destroy this man's whole career

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The only PAO I ever knew was a really creepy motherfucker. Mix up the old perv from family guy and the guy from Office Space who just wanted his stapler back, and add in a really weird excitement about goats tied to the front gate and you’re on the way to having this guy. He got sent home from Afghanistan for whatever reason. Dude also ran a Facebook page for the stray cat that lived in our compound (Spots Meow, iirc), so I don’t think he was really all there to start with.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

That makes just him the perfect candidate to be the public face of the DoD.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I want to know more about spots meow

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Smiling Jack posted:

I want to know more about spots meow

This

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/davecatanese/status/1132323170214653953

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

yikes

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Who the gently caress taught them to dab like that??

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The Gravel Twitter thing feels more and more like elder abuse tbh

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Can someone explain why this guy is getting indicted?
https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/jovanny-crespo/

I thought that shooting at a moving vehicle if it contains an armed suspect was okay in the states.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nierbo posted:

I thought that shooting at a moving vehicle if it contains an armed suspect was okay in the states.

Uh yeah I can’t see a gun in the video but if he had a gun and pointed it at the officer welp that’s your grave to dig. They said they found one on him.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nierbo posted:

Probably has to do with the way they conducted the pursuit, chasing them and catching up at intersections and getting out and shooting at the car is probably frowned upon.

He will probably get off on most of the counts if not all of them though. Probably just get official misconduct lol.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Holy poo poo that's awkward.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

holy shitballs ep 3 of Chernobyl :ohno:

also :coal::dong:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nierbo posted:

My department specifically forbids shooting into a vehicle except under a few very specific situations, which this incident definitely didn't fall under. Every department will have different rules.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Nierbo posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_v._Garner

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nierbo posted:

The officer hosed up, basically. Normally it's okay to shoot at a moving vehicle if it's coming at you / the driver is trying to run you over (even if you put yourself in front of the vehicle to get the driver to stop and the driver just decides "welp, guess its murder time"). What this guy did was probably against agency policy (not just the shooting but also continuing to get out and shoot 3 times). Plus in my opinion he was reckless. He didn't need to get out and shoot at the vehicle - the video isn't clear, but it doesn't appear as if the driver or passenger of the vehicle were shooting at the pursuing police units. At that point in the pursuit, it's not necessary to shoot at it. If the passenger was shooting at the cops, sure, engage them. But if the driver's not obviously drunk or drugged up or shooting at you, a lot of the time the pursuit will be called off by a supervisor if it continuing it would pose a danger to the community. You've got the guy's description at least and maybe even body camera footage, and if it actually turns out to be the guy's car, you've got the address and info and there's no need for a pursuit.

I'm probably the least ACAB person here and even I think the cop deserves time. That absolutely was either negligent homicide or manslaughter, depending on the penal law of the state.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

lies

that's an Au Bon Pain in the center

the Taco Bell is on the second floor, c-ring, corridor 7

it is a combination Taco Bell and KFC

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
It's called "the good bread" but in French?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
There's a chain called Fatburger. The Good Bread at least sounds appetizing.

Fake edit: Fudruckers

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Five Guys.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

Five Guys.

Five Guys makes a pretty decent burger for a fast casual chain. I'd take them over something like Smash Burger or In N' Out.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

If you're near Baltimore, Clark Burger.

E: If we're recommending good burger places. They serve drinks there too, which is a definite plus over five guys and smash burger and in and out

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It's called "the good bread" but in French?

In the style of the good bread.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

orange juche posted:

If you're near Baltimore,

Andy Nelson's.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

psydude posted:

Five Guys makes a pretty decent burger for a fast casual chain. I'd take them over something like Smash Burger or In N' Out.

yup

also door dash made a massive push in my area and is delivering everything possible in a 20 mile radius to my house with a free month of no delivery. worth a look if you're sick of what the other apps offer

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

orange juche posted:

If you're near Baltimore, Clark Burger.

E: If we're recommending good burger places. They serve drinks there too, which is a definite plus over five guys and smash burger and in and out

I was talking more national chains. For regional ones, BGR is pretty good, too (the DC thread hates it though, but they also bicker over ramen like it's anything more than a cheap lunch/drunk food).

e: Is Clark Burger the place in Fells? I think I've been there before and yeah it was good.

psydude fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 25, 2019

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NateAbaurrea/status/1132113040151760896?s=20

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

psydude posted:

Five Guys is definitely not better than In N Out. However Habit Burger certainly is. There is one a block away from my house and Door Dash delivers for like 3 dollars.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Five Guys is definitely not better than In N Out. However Habit Burger certainly is. There is one a block away from my house and Door Dash delivers for like 3 dollars.

Walk the loving block you goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen an Au Bon Pain since I was a kid in Virginia. Were they only on bases?