Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
The Secret of Monkey Island (EGA version)

I had never played the original EGA version, only the remake that includes the VGA version, so it was interesting to see all the different art. really impressive what they could pull off with just sixteen colors. I think I'll replay Monkey Island 2 now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Viewtiful Joe. It hasn't aged well, in my opinion.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nostradingus posted:

Viewtiful Joe. It hasn't aged well, in my opinion.

You're retarded.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

mycophobia posted:

I had never played the original EGA version, only the remake that includes the VGA version, so it was interesting to see all the different art. really impressive what they could pull off with just sixteen colors. I think I'll replay Monkey Island 2 now

The EGA versions of some of those old adventure games are really cool. I played the EGA version of Space Quest a few years ago and it felt like a different, better game.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

mycophobia posted:

Teh stump joke ftw

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You're retarded.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Chill Callahan posted:

Teh stump joke ftw

I forgot to examine the stump whoops

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

25. Gungage

Kinda clunky no-analog ps1 shooting game. d-pad to move forward/backward and turn left or right, l1 and r1 to strafe, double tap to dodge which also lets you quick turn. the starting character sucks but the other 3 are pretty fun.

https://i.vgy.me/Zay8rd.webm

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Resident Evil 7

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

9) Resident Evil 2 Remake - Hardcore Leon A/Claire B.

Whoops I ended up playing all of Claire B in one go and now it's 5am

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Paradigm. It's an ok adventure game, on par with some of the better 90s stuff. The puzzle solutions were on the obvious side, don't think there was ever one where the kind of item I needed to find wasn't apparent just by looking at things.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zur Macht.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Final Fantasy IV (PSP)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RE7 Not a Hero. Pretty deece little mini campaign

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Shovel Knight: Shovel Knight campaign

I always end up wishing megaman type poo poo was longer

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Sonic 3 Complete

nice lunch
May 26, 2019

elf help book posted:

Sonic 3 Complete

cool. any special settings?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

no, all default, i trust the true sonic freaks more than myself

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

no, all default, i trust the true sonic freaks more than myself

I recommend flying battery in its original location (after Carnival Night), Sonic 3 boss music for the first half, and the sonic 3 version of launch base including the big arm fight at the end. Farewell

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Shovel Knight: Shovel Knight campaign

I always end up wishing megaman type poo poo was longer
The cool thing about S. Knight is it doesn't need to be, since you can just play the sequel campaigns.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
14. Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix (Critical)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

22. Rez Infinite

I played this in VR and I can’t imagine playing it in 2D lol. Gonna try to finish Area X but I did not like it as much at all.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

codenameFANGIO posted:

22. Rez Infinite

I played this in VR and I can’t imagine playing it in 2D lol. Gonna try to finish Area X but I did not like it as much at all.

rez in vr rules

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

rez in vr rules

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

I recommend flying battery in its original location (after Carnival Night), Sonic 3 boss music for the first half, and the sonic 3 version of launch base including the big arm fight at the end. Farewell

big arm and music changes are on by default, most of the options turn off the edits they made, or do the weirder stuff like difficulty modes or adding behaviors from previous games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

1. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
  2. Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
  3. Etrian Odyssey Nexus
  4. The Alliance Alive
  5. Iconoclasts
  6. Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

elf help book posted:

big arm and music changes are on by default, most of the options turn off the edits they made, or do the weirder stuff like difficulty modes or adding behaviors from previous games

there's sonic 3 air btw

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

26. Gato Roboto

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

lets hang out posted:

26. Gato Roboto

How was it. It looks cute

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Pablo Nergigante posted:

How was it. It looks cute

Mediocre, doesn't do anything interesting at all. Six bucks for two hours of filling out a map and collecting the same upgrades you find in every other metroidvania. Love these kinds of games but this one was really uninspired.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lets hang out posted:

Mediocre, doesn't do anything interesting at all. Six bucks for two hours of filling out a map and collecting the same upgrades you find in every other metroidvania. Love these kinds of games but this one was really uninspired.

Bummer

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
7) (a) BABA is YOU true ending.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
adding katana zero

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
7) (b) BABA is YOU 100%. Don't worry folks, my mensa certificate is in the mail

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RE7 End of Zoe. Another good DLC

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Dr. Lunatic Supreme With Cheese

this is a very dumb game, i played it a bunch back when it was new in like 2000, i ordered it from the author online based on a demo on of those $5 shareware discs that walgreens or whoever would sell, and still have the cd, but this is the IMPROVED version that i never bought back then. a year or so ago the guy put all of his old games up for free on itch.io and im very happy to play it again

https://hamumu.itch.io/dr-lunatic-supreme-with-cheese

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

5. Monster Hunter World (at last, I got up to like 2 monsters left at the end of last year and it's taken until now to finish it off)

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Splinter Cell: Conviction in 4K on Xbox One X

It was pretty good, but the encounter design I thought was mostly to throw you into small arenas with only one path through. There wasn't a lot of opportunity to take guys out stealthy. You could pick a few guys off then the rest would go into alert then it was pretty much guns blazing from there.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

10) Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom (2P co-op)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

11) Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara (2P co-op)