Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Agony Aunt posted:

Should, by some miracle, SC release, and actually be something i will enjoy, then i'm going to laugh my rear end off at the guys who sunk thousands into the game while i just earn the ships and stuff. Of course, they will laugh at me for actually being a peon and playing the game to earn stuff when they just bought it with real money.

But as long as it remains pay to win, which i think it will post-release (I think they will have to to keep the lights on), i won't be buying it anyway.
If that happens, someone will eventually use cheats or exploits (or just skill, because whales pay to win because they lack one) to grief those whales and CIG will do gently caress all about it, because they're too incompetent.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
It’s a tough job when you’re on the troll patrol, but someone’s gotta do it.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Agony Aunt posted:

I think Ferret is right from a wikipedia point of view.

If it was me in charge i'd have already spent all the money on blow and hookers.

Now, does anyone want to hear about the game i want to make and crowdfund?

Sorry friend, but I've already blown my crowdfunding budget on Love Pledge

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Warhawk109 posted:

It’s a tough job when you’re on the troll patrol, but someone’s gotta do it.

If only there was a game to play...

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

reverend crabhands posted:

Hmm how does it eat tho, does its head hinge open? :confused:

Eh, it's a fictional alien, so the answer is "However you want it to".

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

If only there was a game to play...

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Ah yes, the mythic secret dev build for SQ42. It will liberate us from evil, so help Roberts.

Amen

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Chris: Did you write the script for SQ42? Are you in charge of making the game? Then it's spoiled.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Previously:

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 26, 2019

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

PSST! Vertisce, what happens if in the fever driven insanity to get the game out in time to prevent whatever legal and financial penalties created by selling 10% of the company to the Calders they make certain decisions and shortcuts that preclude the use of these mythical assets in the PU?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
While we wait for the next CIG screwup, here's a bunch of MMOs in development that Lethality has more or less given his kiss of death, just in case anyone was looking forward to any of them:
https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/1132416040376446978

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Bofast posted:

While we wait for the next CIG screwup, here's a bunch of MMOs in development that Lethality has more or less given his kiss of death, just in case anyone was looking forward to any of them:

Welp, :rip: Hytale. "Minecraft, except it doesn't suck" was a good idea, but alas, it wasn't meant to be

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Kosumo posted:

That brings open interesting point about land claims, isn't it meant to be that you put the claim in and then you have to return to an office or some such thing somewhere to complete the claim?

Being that quantum travel can be very long but are also affected by the size of the ship, does that mean that the whales with the massive ships that travel faster while in QT will have another advantage in securing these claims?

Its like CI-G have no understanding of there own project.

Chris Roberts;, game dev, code whisper, chairman, inept fool, scummy business man, victim of strangling, sexy bear.

I love how the loving fuel tanker will be able to get a land claim in and out run the ship designed to run information like that...

Not like it matters, they'll never add land claims. With all they had to change just to get :females: into the game, they'd have to change a bunch of stuff to be able to keep track of who owned what land, how to display it...

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/1132298931944271877

3.6 will totally fix all the bugs, including all the bugs that are still there from 3.0 and all the new bugs that were introduced in every subsequent patch which are still there to this day.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Amazing Zimmo posted:

3.6 will totally fix all the bugs, including all the bugs that are still there from 3.0 and all the new bugs that were introduced in every subsequent patch which are still there to this day.

Lmao imagine waiting 6 years and that's the response you give. Its not even constructive!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
This game actually reminds me of a Freelancer mod loaded with a shitload of content where you JUST want to play but it keeps crashing

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

JugbandDude posted:

Ah yes, the mythic secret dev build for SQ42. It will liberate us from evil, so help Roberts.

Amen Parp

Lest we forget. :gary:

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 26, 2019

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Foo Diddley posted:

Welp, :rip: Hytale. "Minecraft, except it doesn't suck" was a good idea, but alas, it wasn't meant to be

Maybe Hytale will be the exception that proves the rule.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

He's so close.

Hint: there's no "landing services," there's no ship, and there's no game. You're playing the equivalent of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_0JbMrl8I

Except the movie in this case is the story of their "game development" and the poo poo you keep trying to play is the main prop.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Proving once again that SC's most ardent defenders don't really, actually play the game. And when they do they start to change their tune.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Sounds like FUD to me, Tarka Smart.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sarsapariller posted:

Proving once again that SC's most ardent defenders don't really, actually play the game. And when they do they start to change their tune.

People in this thread probably have more collective hours in SC than the whales do

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Citizens asking the real questions, getting some pretty chuddy answers:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/bsw36t/how_many_actual_female_players/?st=jw4ejopd&sh=64c3f577

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I didn't think anyone was still playing Spore.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Can’t wait to hang out online with those delightful gentlemen!

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

So do any of you :females: want to be my space waifu? Hey, who are you callin' weird

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Foo Diddley posted:

So do any of you :females: want to be my space waifu? Hey, who are you callin' weird

We all need to pose as sexy nerd girls in the 'Verse and just catfish the hell out these weirdos. First goon to be gifted $10,000 in JPEGs wins.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dwesa posted:

If that happens, someone will eventually use cheats or exploits (or just skill, because whales pay to win because they lack one) to grief those whales and CIG will do gently caress all about it, because they're too incompetent.

There are already cheats for SC.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

colonelwest posted:

We all need to pose as sexy nerd girls in the 'Verse and just catfish the hell out these weirdos. First goon to be gifted $10,000 in JPEGs wins.

BettyBigTits has already happened.

Mirificus or Dementropy, if either of you have any grabs of that saga could you please post them.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Maybe its time for TinaTwoTurkeys

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

A potential Stimpirical candidate.

That's alotta civil meat.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Where did this thread title come from?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Thoatse posted:

You're not claiming the land, you're controlling the spaceman that's claiming the land

the funny part is how they managed to sell something that is not even virtually there.
they sold non-existing virtual land.
because people were bying some land claim beacon (which is also not in the game methinks)

its really absurd

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bofast posted:

While we wait for the next CIG screwup, here's a bunch of MMOs in development that Lethality has more or less given his kiss of death, just in case anyone was looking forward to any of them

rest in pieces dual universe...

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bumble He posted:

rest in pieces dual universe...

drat, that looked like a game with potential. Ruined now. Such a shame.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Bofast posted:

Population zero would be a suitable name for SC year after its unsuccessful MVP release.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/3bCI5DE.gifv

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

How would it sit in a chair?? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

reverend crabhands posted:

How would it sit in a chair?? :confused:

does it need a chair?
a chair is a very terran concept isnt it?
like its literally designed around the human rear end
also snakes, for example, dont use chairs

does my post even make sense?
i dont think so!