Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
listening to patsy cline and thinking of berke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Disinterested posted:

go out to any good restaurants lately?

i've been cutting back to make things work on habitat restoration salary, but i have gone to a few la food bowl events this month. rustic canyon did a snout-to-tail prix fixe menu that was cute and had some genuinely great sausage and the best root beer i've ever had, but then a week later i went to ma'am sir where there was just absolutely inspired filipino prix fixe menu that was then followed by a platter of bbq that could have been its own meal, all backed by an open bar. kind of blew rustic canyon out of the water and reaffirmed that charles olalia makes the most enjoyable food in los angeles right now

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Apparently the Raptors won. It would explain the random fireworks tonight.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Tronno in the NBA finals, who would've thought

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I keep waiting for the Toronto Sports Team Curse to kick in and the wheels come off in spectacular fashion.

Getting swept in the finals would really crush Toronto sports fans hearts so Im now leaning towards that.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

How do I even get the dadchat slack

theres a complicated incantation that involves sacrificing a goat

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/IiNvoTr.mp4

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

paranoid randroid posted:

ah, so nn is the gatekeeper

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Wait, since when? I thought we were doing sheeps? Jesus christ that explains so much in my life

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: Rammstein video for Auslander on Tuesday :siren:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=463807117758068

Good odds it's going to piss white people off.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
:effort:

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
you then have to cook the goat on a barbecue you make out of an oil drum and come up with a catchy ad campaign to sell the goat to your friends

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i have decided to establish a base in the mountains and declare myself queen

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

nankeen posted:

Her Majesty The Queen:

watch out for the windsor whirl!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

nankeen posted:

Vanya will not approve of you stealing his title.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Good to know I'm now in the top 20% of Americans for alcohol consumption.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
only the truest americans are :911:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
10 drinks a day seems like a lot of work

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i can't imagine having one drink a week though

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The far right there has to be people putting vodka in water bottles to get through the workday. The 15/week crowd sounds more like people who binge every weekend. Both of those are medically considered problems, just of different kinds

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

10 drinks a day seems like a lot of work

Isn't that like a liter of beer due to the way "one drink" is defined?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Randler posted:

One drink in the US is bigger than one drink in Germany but apparently smaller than one drink in Austria

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

quote:

Between 1990 and 2017, Kiwis' average alcohol consumption fell from 13.5 litres of pure alcohol a year to 10.8 litres a year in this country.

That meant New Zealanders older than 15 were drinking around three standard drinks, or three bottles of 4 per cent beer a day - almost 1100 a year.

Around 11 per cent of New Zealand adults did not drink at all, while 34 per cent had a heavy drinking episode - 60mg of pure alcohol or around six bottles of beer - at least once a month.

🤙🤙🤙

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Randler posted:

it depends on if you're drinking some kind of freak strength cask aged stuff or clear american mass produced pisswater

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Using the American definition, a half-liter of 4.5% beer is 1.27 drinks; using the German definition it’s 2 full drinks and using the Japanese definition it’s 1 drink. The US definition is derived from the standard that it takes the average person one hour to fully metabolize one drink.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
heh, german lightweights

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

The solution either way is to drink more beer. Double consumption for Germans.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
* Definitions not applicable in Cologne.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

* Definitions not applicable in Cologne.

lol

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
happy memorial day everyone, back when i was young and hadn't had much experience of americans i said "happy memorial day" in general chat on ultima online and holy hell was that ever a mistake

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
on friday i told everyone to have a happy holiday weekend and i meant it

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

hello friends belgeland just did an election and we had our big breakthrough, becoming the fifth biggest party in belgium (out of eleven relevant parties), beating out the flemish socdems, both lib parties, both green parties and the walloon christians. growth in wallonia and brussels was inevitable, but we also managed to exceed expectations in flanders and broke through there as well.

we went from two to twelve seats in the national parliament, zero to four in the flemish parliament, two to eight in the walloon parliament, four to eleven in the parliament of brussels. this all despite getting routinely hosed over by the media (we weren't even invited to the last big debate in flanders, hosted by the national broadcaster no less), despite us having barely any money in comparison to the other parties, despite the electoral threshold (5%) making us look like a lost vote.

the big downside is that the biggest winner of the election is the far right. not really a surprise, but annoying nonetheless. close to half of flanders now votes either far right (vb) or as-good-as-far right (n-va). gonna be some interesting times ahead.

but i just spent the last few months campaigning and from my experiences, things aren't hopeless. now that we've finally pushed past the electoral threshold of 5% in flanders, we're good to go. we managed it in 2014 in wallonia and that really pushed us forward in the past five years, so im looking forward the media being forced into giving us at least some airtime. and there's five years of being militant as gently caress to look forward to, gonna do a bunch of actions and campaigns. gonna do all the moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F_9FEx7ymg

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Havnt recent voting trends in Europe in general shown a migration away from all the centrist parties and a rise in support of both left and far right ones?

Also having a good laugh at Finland laying claim to the waterways and islands that have recently appeared in the arctic thanks to climate change.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Havnt recent voting trends in Europe in general shown a migration away from all the centrist parties and a rise in support of both left and far right ones?

Also having a good laugh at Finland laying claim to the waterways and islands that have recently appeared in the arctic thanks to climate change.

not so clear

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c7zzdg3pmgpt/european-elections-2019

other than far right being on the rise, which is undeniable

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

have they told russia this

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

the paradigm shift posted:

have they told russia this

Russia is also making claims on it.

A 3 way battle between Finland, Russia and Canada for the melting Arctic.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Russia is also making claims on it.

A 3 way battle between Finland, Russia and Canada for the melting Arctic.

Glorious Russian robotic submarines will smash puny Canadians.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Their mini subs are no match for our army of starving polar bears and out of control killer whales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Furnaceface posted:

Their mini subs are no match for our army of starving polar bears and out of control killer whales.
don't forget they've tamed the mighty beluga