Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
all kinds of talk on the radio this morning about self-driving semi trucks, and how all delivery drivers will be out of jobs soon, and while most of it's nothing to be worried about currently, I do work as a courier and it sucks knowing the end is coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Retail worker here, I know what you mean.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Picnic Princess posted:

Retail worker here, I know what you mean.

The nightmare future is already here at Apple stores. They have no cash registers anywhere and you have to flag down the worker that's carrying around an iPhone with a card swiper thing attached. It gets kind of frustrating figuring out how to buy a stupid phone case when the store is busy.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Just scan the item in your Apple Store app. Boom, paid.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
On one hand, signing up for one of those meal delivery services would basically save us some decent cash, since the one thing that we can dock our apartment about is that our kitchen area is small for one person to cook, much less two of us, so we order/go out for our meals.

On the other hand, said good delivery services are exorbitantly priced, in terms of money per month.

It's really a "yeah we'd technically probably save money doing it, but that monthly fee scares me" dillema.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Soylent is worth it no matter the cost

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

Soylent is worth it no matter the cost

I have a bunch of huel that I absolutely love as part of my morning smoothie, but my FWP with that is that the whole idea of having a Morning Smoothie kinda falls flat when you really like sleeping til the last minute, so you don't have a Morning Smoothie, so you eat lovely foods at work instead, and all of that means you don't pick up the few ingredients you need for the Morning Smoothie, causing the whole "I can't make my Morning Smoothie, I don't even have the materials, leading to... Well, everything above.

It's an oroboros of FWPs.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I just bought my first mechanical keyboard and it's a revelation. Where have you been all my life? It's not that loud either because it has some dampeners while still being satisfying. It's a Razer Blackwidow Lite.

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.
I don't *have* to use my glasses but everything looks a bit sharper when I do, and it makes looking at a screen all day a lot more pleasant. But I hate having to wear an extra item that can get lost and get in the way and gets fogged up in the woods and gets droplets on it when it rains, and... ungh. I also don't like how I look with glasses on. My wife thinks I look smart, I just think I look like an overpaid architect with a Saab in the parking lot.

I've tried contacts three times now, and it just doesn't work for me :emo:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I spent money on a poster a while back. I spent money on a frame for said poster. I bought a handful of those adhesive strips that don't damage the walls, for that frame.

The thought, the very notion of opening any of those and using them together? :effort:, fractally, :effort: all the way down.

Late edit: the belt loops on my shorts don't line up with my pocket, unlike my jeans. With my jeans, I can have my keys connected to my belt loop yet rest inside my pocket so that if they somehow fall, they'll just fall into the pocket. This isn't the case with my shorts, and within a few hours yesterday I had a solid five wait where are my keys did they fall off the belt loop how is that even possible holy poo poo where are my keys oh my God I'm so hosed oh wait here they are moments of pure fear.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 12:10 on May 24, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
loving 4AM devil birds outside my bedroom window for the rest of the summer.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dr Christmas posted:

loving 4AM devil birds outside my bedroom window for the rest of the summer.

The birds outside my hotel room sound exactly like the bird chirp alarm on my phone. Those shitheads start around 4 am and made worse by being next to a park.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

White noise machine

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My garden is exploding with weeds again so it's gonna take a while to get them all out, mainly because the green bins don't get taken for 2 weeks and they are nearly full.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I want to watch the Champion's League final because the team I support is in it, but I have a guitar lesson I can't reschedule because the shop is closed this week and can't talk to them. Immediately after I have to go to lunch with my GF and the place closes soon after the game.

I can't watch the first half because of the lesson. I can't start watching from a DVR when I get to her house because the restaurant will close soon after I arrive. The second I walk into that place I guarantee there's gonna be a TV with the post game on, so the score is ruined.There's no way out without pissing people off.

This is what happens when I'm not 100% perfectly on top of everything, my usual neuroticism is once again, vindicated.

coldpudding
May 14, 2009

FORUM GHOST
Somebody is using my address to sell stuff on the Facebook marketplace, I have had no less than 3 people turn up with cash to buy a diamond ring I don't have and all I can do is tell them to report the ad and move on

coldpudding has a new favorite as of 06:51 on Jun 1, 2019

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My bluetooth headphones will occasionally start stuttering severely on my laptop if it's connected to a 5ghz wifi network. Restarting the headphones will fix it temporarily but it will happen again. I have to switch to the 2.4ghz wifi and the stuttering stops. It only happens in Windows while my Mac and Android phone have no problems whatsoever.

And it still stutters now too, just not as often as before.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 13:45 on Jun 1, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
gently caress job hunting. Entry level jobs are a lie.

Crashed after dinner, woke up at about 2 and decided to fill out a job application I’ve been putting off. The application is a single page. There is a field at the top to enter an email address and a password to make a profile, but no prompt anywhere I found to login to an existing account. I finally get done, but submitting the application returns an error message that there’s already a previous account with my name that I made last year. Again, at no point before this was there any prompt or link for returning applicants to log in. I find one by clicking the reset password link the error message provides me. The data from my application isn’t saved.

While being distracted, I decide to purchase a thing online. I get an “unexpected error has occurred” message when I try to check out. I hosed up my sleeping patterns for nothing.

Tomorrow I’m going to an IT networking even after work where I’m going to hopefully meet recruiters who will never call me back.

Edit: On my iPad. I went back to the site to see if I was just an idiot, and it seems they direct you to log in on the mobile site but not the desktop one.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 10:00 on Jun 4, 2019

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
There's one tiny bit of paperwork between me and giving notice at my current job. It could be in one of several people's hands, only one of whom I have contact info for and he's in meetings all day.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Why do 90% of the songs I want to listen to on YouTube have massive breasted almost naked anime girls pasted all over them. I just want to listen to music at work and not look like a creep.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Mzuri posted:

I've tried contacts three times now, and it just doesn't work for me :emo:

I tried contacts a few times, and it felt like I was wearing wet plastic bags on my eyes. Plus, I like taking my glasses off when I'm reading/using the computer (I'm nearsighted), and that just isn't similarly possible with contacts.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Heard some noise in my backyard last night and when I went out to take a look a huge raccoon scared the bejeezus out of me. It looked like it was made up of 3 other raccoons like a voltron raccoon. It must have some reliable food source because it was seriously huge.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I started reading the culture book series and found the first book on paperback which is cool then I noticed the next two were on Kindle so I thought "okay let's dig up my Kindle and read there." Well it turns out they only have the first three and the last three books on the Kindle store and if I want to continue reading I have to either go to a physical bookstore or buy from Amazon and wait a week for the books to arrive. This is bullshit, where's my convenience?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My favorite bugger place is now selling Impossible burgers for a nearly average price.

What sucks is that they also have excellent shakes that are way too good to pass up.

I'm still gonna get fat!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My fitbit band is making small-yet-consistent-and-loud pops as I move my wrist around, because it's fraying a bit and I've gotta buy another one. Like, it's literally going to be here tomorrow and it only costs :10bux:, but uuugh why.

Larger FWP is that a small but non-zero part of my brain thinks it would be a great idea to add something to our bedroom fan so I can totally align it properly so that it hits me and not my partner. I can completely imagine it, what I'd need, how much it'd run me. The better solution is, obviously, just point the fan in the right direction correctly instead, but where's the fun in that?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Last night as I was getting in bed, I found a spider crawling across my blanket and I kinda freaked out. Grabbed some paper and tried to scoop it up and remove it, but I somehow lost it and spent the entire night paranoid about it.

Just now I found a spider crawling on my laptop, and shook it off, again losing it in the process. It looked like the same type as the one I saw yesterday, and now I'm paranoid that I've either got a spider infestation in the works, or one very persistent spider is trying to tell me something very important. :tinfoil:

Realistically, it's probably just that I recently opened the window and stuck a box fan in it because it was hot as balls, so naturally every bug and crawly thing is going to want to come it. :sigh:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My relief is an hour and a half late.
:shepicide:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My relief is an hour and a half late.
:shepicide:

I suggest Imodium for fast relief.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Two and a half hours now. Closer to three, really. Let's be honest, the dipshits in charge are going to do everything they goddamn can to make sure I'm here til 3.

E: four hours

E2: five hours after I should have been home, my relief arrives at last.

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 18:04 on Jun 8, 2019

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Two and a half hours now. Closer to three, really. Let's be honest, the dipshits in charge are going to do everything they goddamn can to make sure I'm here til 3.

E: four hours

E2: five hours after I should have been home, my relief arrives at last.

That's a long loving time. I hope it was a good excuse.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Narrator: it wasn’t

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Slept in too late today, then ended up with a migraine that put me back in bed for a few hours. I feel like poo poo and I have accomplished nothing today. :sigh:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I feel like I've said this before. gently caress it:

I want to just relax and chill out with a video game, but I'm in this weird between-games mode and I'm not entirely sure what will grab my attention. It's mostly a case of playing something for five minutes, deciding that {game} is decidedly Not It, repeat ad nauseum.

late edit: oh, and I've got a bump on my head, whose existence is making me very confused. Is it just an oddity of my scalp? A bug bite? A bit of scalp psoriasis? No idea, all I know is that I have to fight the urge to itch / grope it to figure it out.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 08:38 on Jun 10, 2019

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I forgot I'm flexing my day later to conduct some interviews and I woke up super early.

This is going to be a long, long man day.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
I gave notice at my current job today, leaving in two weeks. That's not the problem. The problem is that our network passwords have to be changed every 90 days, and my current pw expires the day before I leave. Either they extend it or I have to remember a new password just for two weeks.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's over 95 degrees F today and I just want to die or kill something

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

My favorite bugger place is now selling Impossible burgers for a nearly average price.

What sucks is that they also have excellent shakes that are way too good to pass up.

I'm still gonna get fat!

Good news! The Impossible Burger isn't really healthier than real meat. It has no cholesterol, but comparable (or greater) amounts of calories, fat, carbs, and sodium.
It's fine if you don't want to eat meat or object to meat in some other way, but it's not going to significantly change the looming heart attack that stalks all goons.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Pyroclastic posted:

Good news! The Impossible Burger isn't really healthier than real meat. It has no cholesterol, but comparable (or greater) amounts of calories, fat, carbs, and sodium.
It's fine if you don't want to eat meat or object to meat in some other way, but it's not going to significantly change the looming heart attack that stalks all goons.

Beef production is super bad on the environment. I have no idea how much impact peas and vegetable oil have.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is it the Beyond or the Impossible that uses coconut oil

Every burger is another homeless orangoutan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Coconut palm and oil palm are different trees but I'm sure coconut palm farms are lovely too.