Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

less laughter posted:

doesn't hold a candle to Purugly's corset

It's the only way to contain its power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Elfgames posted:

the haircut dog has gotten a blasphemous haircut

Oh it's a doggo. I see now.

Listen, haircut doggo is a good doggo but Silvally is my beautiful son and how dare anyone say he's not needed?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Silvalleye's raison d'ętre is giving Type: Null the ability to use Eviolite

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Thought I would check in here, because I recently dug our my old Game Boy Color. Well, I dug out a bunch of old handhelds, but the GBC is the only one simple and solid enough to have lasted the test of time.

Getting to the point, now I have Blue, Yellow and Gold back (where did Red go...) and I need to decide which one to play and subsequently get angry about when I have nobody to trade with.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
There is a 100% chance the battery on your Pokemon Gold game died and it will no longer keep save data :(

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Eox posted:

There is a 100% chance the battery on your Pokemon Gold game died and it will no longer keep save data :(

Yup, this will almost certainly have happened. The battery inside is tied to the save data and internal clock. First they stop "saving" time in game. If you save in game at 8pm and load it up again at 6am the next day, it should be 6am in the game. When the battery dies, you save at 8pm and turn it on again at 6am and it's still 8pm. Next, they stop holding new saves. You can load up your save and play and save again, but when you load it up again it hasn't held that new save and it's your old game still. Finally, they lose all save data and you can only start a new game when you turn it on. It's kind of devastating as it basically means all your G2 buddies are dead forever. Rip Morpho the pink Hypno :negative:

I think one of the reasons Heart Gold and Soul Silver are remembered so fondly is because it was around the time the originals would have fully died for most people that the re-releases were confirmed and released. G1 and G3 games have a lot of nostalgia attached to them but you are still very much able to play the originals in 2019 (though berries won't grow in RSE once the battery dies and other time related events don't happen). HG/SS brought back a generation that had become literally unplayable. Also you had your partner Pokemon following you around and making anime chat faces and reacting to weather and stuff.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I wish they'd keep pokemon following you. It was super cute, and fun.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hg is remembered fondly for being the best one

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think heart gold missed a beat. The Kanto part was always cool but needed some reworking to make it more than just a nostalgic trip.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1132994870610616321

New info on Sword and Shield coming soon.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

drat, right before E3 too. Is Nintendo even doing a press conference this year?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Eox posted:

They are. Only Sony is bowing out for this year out of the big three.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Eox posted:

Yeah, they are. This is just what happened last year when they announced Let's Go before E3. At this, in fact

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1133000046381752321

It's just that TPC likes to have a few days of the news cycle to themselves before E3 pops off.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Eox posted:

Sun and Moon were announced in February, with more revealed in June and then a bit more at E3; presumably this generation will follow the same cycle.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's actually somewhat of a smart move. People are already getting a bit excited before E3, so it's like being able to open a present on Christmas Eve.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Aerofallosov posted:

:same:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The second Sun and Moon trailer revealed the legendaries and the rivals and E3 had a demo of the game with more Pokemon reveals (Trump rat, that one bird, electric bug guy) so I see a similar rollout coming.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

YouTube tried to recommend me a dumb clickbait video about how there will never be another Eeveelution so I hope they announce one just so that guy is wrong.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Aerofallosov posted:

I really liked what they did with this in Let's Go. Latching onto my bro Snorlax was hilarious and Eevee riding in Kangaskhans pouch was super adorable.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

My biggest hope for Sword & Shield is a not washed-out color palette.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Mine is lots of new evolutions for old mons, like gen IV.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

less laughter posted:

Same. Add more babies, too!

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

less laughter posted:

I've seen an argument that they won't introduce new evolutions of currently fully-evolved Pokemon (just branched evolutions and Mega Evolutions) in order to maintain consistency regarding what gets boosted by Eviolite and what doesn't.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

thetoughestbean posted:

No thx

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

yes thx

Also introduce more Mega Evolutions and regional forms and hopefully not abandon them for the hot new gimmick

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

less laughter posted:

I hope they do that, or pull a Gen 5 and do exclusively new pokémon.

Chill Penguin posted:

Thinking about heading for Victory Road in my Alpha Sapphire Wonderlocke today. I just booted it up and I'm at Sootopolis City with all 8 badges, and my team is currently:
Lv. 54 USA Swellow @ [no item]
-Roost, Brave Bird, Thief, Quick Attack
Lv. 54 SPA Umbreon @ Amulet Coin
-Charm, Wish, Bite, Last Resort
Lv. 54 USA Delphox @ Leftovers
-Calm Mind, Flamethrower, Dazzling Gleam, Psychic
Lv. 54 FRE Gogoat @ Big Root
-Leech Seed, Bulk Up, Earthquake, Horn Leech
Lv. 54 FRE Stoutland @ Bright Powder
-Crunch, Rock Tomb, Reversal, Last Resort
Lv. 55 KOR Seaking @ Rocky Helmet
-Aqua Ring, Dive, Megahorn, Surf

Do I go for Victory Road or is there a side quest/dungeon I should clear out first?

Nasgate posted:

I'd say go for it, you seem to have good enough type coverage for the elite 4. Also, maybe it's just me, but I felt like victory road was a lot quicker in ORAS than RS

Well, we made it through Victory Road... rest in peace Gogoat. Your Leech Seeds will be missed. One of the first Ace Trainers’ Rhyperior took him out with a critical Hammer Arm.

Now, facing the elite 4, do I proceed with my team of 5? My box options are pretty sparse. Everything I have is sub-Lv.25, barring a Lv. 50 shiny Diancie that I’m sure is hacked or at the very least cloned.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

As adorable as Bonsly and Mime Jr. are, incense babies are an awkward mechanic with uncomfortable implications (Pokemon preemies?).

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Chill Penguin posted:

They’ve already shown Mincinno and a few other Pokémon in the first trailer so you can safely rule out a repeat of Gen 5

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

thetoughestbean posted:

:yeah:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Chill Penguin posted:

Well, we made it through Victory Road... rest in peace Gogoat. Your Leech Seeds will be missed. One of the first Ace Trainers’ Rhyperior took him out with a critical Hammer Arm.

Now, facing the elite 4, do I proceed with my team of 5? My box options are pretty sparse. Everything I have is sub-Lv.25, barring a Lv. 50 shiny Diancie that I’m sure is hacked or at the very least cloned.

Hmm, without Gogoat you might lose someone to the dragon tamers Kingdra and will have a much harder time against the champion without earthquake. I'd say it's doable if you were higher level, but you definitely want 6 anyway.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Add more baby pokemon so people have to work even harder to breed their perfect competitive team (which, given how streamlined breeding's become since Gen II, it's really not that large a hurdle)

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Tir McDohl posted:

My biggest hope for Sword & Shield is a not washed-out color palette.

Yes please. Beige charizard is a crime

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So I'm guessing tomorrow is spinoff presentation, along with boring businessmen numbers on how the IP is doing.

I'm guessing something like two mobile games, maybe talk about Pokemon Go getting Gen V, and possibly a real spinoff game? Like, Detective Pikachu hopefully kicked The Pokemon Company's rear end into realizing full-fledged games can be multimedia IP farms as well and they got something started at some point in preproduction of DP.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
  • Pokémon Trozei 3
  • Pokémon Pinball 3
  • Pokémon Trading Card Game 3
  • Pokémon Panel de Pon 3

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
pokemon tcg 3 would rule, but id settle for an english translation of 2

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

less laughter posted:

• Pokémon Trozei 3
  • Pokémon Pinball 3
  • Pokémon Panel de Pon 3

Don't be silly, Game Freak can't count to three

...no, wait, wrong company...

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

less laughter posted:

• Pokémon Trozei 3
  • Pokémon Pinball 3
  • Pokémon Panel de Pon 3

Throw in a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and I'll allow it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Ranger's basically dead at this point, right?

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

“Here’s a game with tons of interesting monsters!”
“Cool, how do you play?”
“draw circles.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Hey You Pikachu Gaiden.