Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Preston Waters posted:

Wait, what type of empire / ethics / civics did you have? A lot of different things factor into whether or not you are even capable of hosting the galactic market. iirc all gestalts are excluded for the simple reason that they'd be OP. I think you might get a penalty for being xenophobe, bonus points for being xenophile or materialist or megacorp or w/e.

Gestalts can absolutely host the Galactic Market, just not the genocidal ones.

Assimilators do not count as genocidal for this purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Shadowlyger posted:

hello organics, we have a deal for you. the deal is not assimilation, we assure you.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Shugojin posted:

hello organics, we have a deal for you. the deal is not assimilation, we assure you.

Every trade comes with a free brain slug!

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Kestral posted:

As far as I can tell, it doesn't currently work for Machine Empire drones, despite claiming to do so. I've set up a save game specifically to watch for it, with a planet with diverse open jobs set to Preferred, and the exact quantity and locations of all my unemployed pops noted. The 3rd-of-the-month migration tick comes and goes without any change to unemployed pops.

Did you do the Enable Automatic Pop Migration planet decision after specifying all that?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Kestral posted:

As far as I can tell, it doesn't currently work for Machine Empire drones, despite claiming to do so. I've set up a save game specifically to watch for it, with a planet with diverse open jobs set to Preferred, and the exact quantity and locations of all my unemployed pops noted. The 3rd-of-the-month migration tick comes and goes without any change to unemployed pops.

The mod definitely worked for me last time I played Assimilators. There's a planetary decision on your home planet you need to activate to get it going.

Malick23
Sep 10, 2001
I bought all my friends forum accounts and all I got was this lousy custom title

Ice Fist posted:

I just started my first ever Rogue Servitor game. Are Sanctuaries bugged? Biopop jobs are supposed to eliminate the need for housing Bio trophies, but I have super bad housing problems on all my planets.

No. Sanctuaries work. Rogue Servitors get a terrible penality for going over allotted housing. Keep a good eye on things to be sure that does not happen and build city districts before you get close to Max housing. A good trait with them is the housing reduction. Also don't be afraid to turn on population control for the biopops. They eat a lot of consumer goods and only give you unity in return.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Malick23 posted:

No. Sanctuaries work. Rogue Servitors get a terrible penality for going over allotted housing. Keep a good eye on things to be sure that does not happen and build city districts before you get close to Max housing. A good trait with them is the housing reduction. Also don't be afraid to turn on population control for the biopops. They eat a lot of consumer goods and only give you unity in return.

Okay. I can confirm since I just tested it that I was being a crazy person and indeed sanctuaries and bio trophy jobs do work as intended and consume no housing.

That said - I only have a decision to stop drone production, which as I just tested, stops all pop growth on a planet. Do I need to research another decision?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Ice Fist posted:

Okay. I can confirm since I just tested it that I was being a crazy person and indeed sanctuaries and bio trophy jobs do work as intended and consume no housing.

That said - I only have a decision to stop drone production, which as I just tested, stops all pop growth on a planet. Do I need to research another decision?

No, you can enable population controls for the bio-trophy race in the species menu.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Shugojin posted:

No, you can enable population controls for the bio-trophy race in the species menu.

Yep this is what I ended up doing. I sometimes forget that menu exists.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Shadowlyger posted:

Wow. You're right, according to the wiki. However, as a Hive-Mind I haven't been able to get the nomination despite max boosting it. I figured it was because I had no trade.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shadowlyger posted:

Yeah I once had the galactic market go to an Assimilator empire that was currently at war (and having its rear end thoroughly beat down to just a planet or two) which was weird.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
So I notice in my sisyphusean quest for my custom animated portraits mod I'm confused about animation states if anyone knows:

code:
entity = {
  name = "portrait_myspecies_female_01_entity" #your entyty/dds ...
   pdxmesh = "portrait_human_female_05_mesh" #...applied to a vanilla mesh

default_state = "idle"
   state = { name = "idle"  animation = "idle"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 3.0 looping = no next_state = idle}
   state = { name = "idle"  animation = "idle2"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 1.0 looping = no next_state = idle}

state = { name = "sad"  animation = "sad"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 3.0 looping = no next_state = sad}
   state = { name = "sad"  animation = "sad2"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 1.0 looping = no next_state = sad}
   scale = @humanscale
}
In the above code we have 4 animations, and what seems like 2 'states'? Does each state have 2 possible animations that fire?

At a glance it seems like we have a Finite State Machine where the "Idle" which I will call Idle' (for Idle Prime) and this has a 3/4 chance of being Idle1 vs Idle2 (or Idle1 has a 3x greater chance of firing then Idle2).

What is tricky to me is the sad animation. When does this fire? Do they also have a chance of firing? Does Idle1 and Sad1 have 6/8 chance of firing and then a 50/50 chance of either of them firing? Are Idle' and Sad' two separate groups? How does the Sad' animations fire?

I see for the Crisis species they have some specific triggered animation states; is there a way to trigger a particular animation to fire when you have first contact/declare war/open the diplomatic screen?

When does sad animation fire? If I added a happy animation:

code:
entity = {
  name = "portrait_myspecies_female_01_entity" #your entyty/dds ...
   pdxmesh = "portrait_human_female_05_mesh" #...applied to a vanilla mesh

default_state = "idle"
   state = { name = "idle"  animation = "idle"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 3.0 looping = no next_state = idle}
   state = { name = "idle"  animation = "idle2"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 1.0 looping = no next_state = idle}

state = { name = "sad"  animation = "sad"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 3.0 looping = no next_state = sad}
   state = { name = "sad"  animation = "sad2"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 1.0 looping = no next_state = sad}

state = { name = "happy"  animation = "happy"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 3.0 looping = no next_state = sad}
   state = { name = "happy"  animation = "happy2"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 1.0 looping = no next_state = sad}
   scale = @humanscale
}
When does Happy fire?

It would be great if there was some way to figure out how to set specific triggers to animation states, i.e happy will play instead of sad if you have high relations?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WHAT WAS, WILL BE
https://twitter.com/EveryDNA/status/1132625891941597186
WHAT WILL BE, WAS

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I almost wish there was a valid reason to fight the worm. i mean clearly he loves us and his love is good and pure and has always been, but sometimes i think it'd be cool to punch a sentient time paradox in the face with an armada of space battleships

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Digital Osmosis posted:

I almost wish there was a valid reason to fight the worm. i mean clearly he loves us and his love is good and pure and has always been, but sometimes i think it'd be cool to punch a sentient time paradox in the face with an armada of space battleships

The one time I tried it, he just stood there stoically as my outpost poked him to death with missiles over the course of a year. Clear proof that the Worm loves us, and indeed, has always loved us.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Raenir Salazar posted:

When does Happy fire?

It would be great if there was some way to figure out how to set specific triggers to animation states, i.e happy will play instead of sad if you have high relations?

I dunno but certain kinds of feathery guys or frondy guys have really obvious happy animations

Digital Osmosis posted:

Fighting the worm is it's own reward.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So alphamod got taken down after some workshop drama. It’s a poo poo situation and the circumstances are kind of messed up but the tldr is that someone uploaded a fork called betamod that added one line of code that makes the xenophobe faction acknowledge aliens under stratified society as being enslaved. This pissed off alphaash and a bunch of drama ensued.

I personally think Alphaash is a toxic person who encapsulates the worst attitudes of the modding community but it’s starting to look more and more like targeted harassment after the guy who uploaded the fork says poo poo like this.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That's a pretty lovely thing for the forker to say and the whole situation was a weird mess. Zyme, I guess, got sick of Alpha aggressively refusing to fix certain things so made the fork - the mod description was pretty snippy, but it just seemed like someone who was frustrated and bitter. Then Alphamod's co-dev? started swinging in acting all tough and AlphaAsh themselves was basically acting like one of those puppetmaster types, 'yeah go ahead troll me while I eat this popcorn :smuggo:'.

But dear god why pull the 'lol girls' card. :sigh:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Gamers bad, news at 11

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Great Beer posted:

Gamers bad, news at 11

We interrupt the current story about gamers bad to bring you this breaking news "modders bad".

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

AlphaAsh is the epitome of fragile modder energy and while their mod was pretty good they're also infuriating both as a developer and a person. That's not an excuse to harass them, though. Everyone involved is either 14 or an rear end in a top hat or both, kill all gamers, etc.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Shugojin posted:

What does this do? I enabled this for some of my bio-trophy races but they keep growing.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

standard.deviant posted:

What does this do? I enabled this for some of my bio-trophy races but they keep growing.

Life, ahh, finds a way.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

standard.deviant posted:

Maybe it doesn't affect pops that are already growing?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

It does take a monthly tick for it to update, but it does affect growing pops I think (at the cost of discarding any growth-to-date).

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Do Bio-trophies get -10% happiness when pop growth is restricted? That's kinda weird honestly. Charles Stross' Saturn's Children had humanity become bio-trophies and go completely extinct because they spent all their time loving sexbots rather than one another.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

usually the only entropy in 4x games happens before the game starts

then its onwards and upwards for the immortal future of infinite numbers

(unless you end the cycle)

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Or until you decide to go ham with a planet cracker/neutron sweeper.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

usually the only entropy in 4x games happens before the game starts

then its onwards and upwards for the immortal future of infinite numbers

(unless you end the cycle)
Entropy also occurs after you start overflowing variables. It is a very sudden onset.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/StellarisGame/status/1133412336507805696

June 4th :woop:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Me, Sunday: Well I don't expect the patch to come out any time soon, I should finish that mod.
Me, right now: Balls.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

WELP. :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I'm glad I squeezed one more game in last week before deciding to put Stellaris down again until the next patch.

But now that we know when the next story pack is coming I'm curious as to what the next bug expansion is going to focus on.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I'm glad I squeezed one more game in last week before deciding to put Stellaris down again until the next patch.

But now that we know when the next story pack is coming I'm curious as to what the next bug expansion is going to focus on.
Teeheehee

Internal and/or external politics pretty please.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Excellent timing, this'll keep me occupied until mario maker 2 and bloodstained drop :woop:

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

What are the odds that a premade empire will spawn instead of a randomized one?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Baron Porkface posted:

What are the odds that a premade empire will spawn instead of a randomized one?

If you put them on forced, 100%

Otherwise, good question

prometheusbound2
Jul 5, 2010
That's quite a bit earlier than I thought, and I mixed between excitement and concern given how shoddy the 2.2 and Megacorps releases were.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

They're not overhauling major underpinnings of the game and relics seem to be largely event chains so they can probably be given the benefit of the doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
sweet, something to play until they fix Imperator