Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Harrow posted:

Anyway I made this guy

I figure Barkley's gotta be a Blaster. I went Radiation/Martial so that he could have something as destructive as the Chaos Dunk while also being agile. Any better suggestions?

Make him with a dog head and name him Charles Barkley anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Great Gonzales posted:

You and me, we operate on the same wavelength, friend.

:hfive:

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Make him with a dog head and name him Charles Barkley anyway.

Oh god drat it that's too good

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Amstrad posted:

End reductions on attacks and end modification on your Stamina slot under inherent fitness.

Yeah, this. Endurance reduction on toggles can help but realistically your main source of end drain is always going to be from your attacks. If you don't want your blue bar to move at all you can do both, but do attacks first.

Cuchulain posted:

Incarnate stuff was/is totally soloable, my dudes.

The stuff that was the designated soloable Incarnate content with gimped rewards, yes. But the overwhelming bulk of the system was oriented around raiding.

Potsticker posted:

Okay, now you're sounding really off here. The stuff it teaches you is normal game stuff. You'll see all that soloing or small groups too. That's just teaching basic game mechanics and has nothing to do with raiding and especially nothing to do with post-50 content.

Bullshit. The Hydra head encounter is nothing but raid-style don't stand in fire effects + summoning adds. One of those effects will effectively 1HKO most characters if they stand in it when it goes off. There's nothing at all like that in the normal game, especially not at levels 1-10. Drowning in Blood has an optional badge for killing the two giant Shivans within 30 seconds of each other...that's literally the same mechanic employed in the BAF Trial where it's now mandatory in order to defeat Siege and Nightstar. (And even the concept of "this thing has bonus objectives for extra badges", while not totally non-existent outside of raids, is very much how raids are structured.)

Those trials inevitably have a bunch of basic combat identical to anything else in the game and there are normal missions out there that have raid-like/lite gimmicks, but DFB and DIB are pretty blatantly built from the same bones as Incarnate trials. I'm not saying they were intended as some kind of nefarious indoctrination, and it could've even been unconscious to a degree - much like how a lot of the 1-20 Praetorian mobs were hideously overtuned because the devs literally forgot how to make basic, low-level enemy groups - but they are more alike than unalike.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 27, 2019

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I'm beginning to appreciate that healing-based support is a terrible choice if you're playing with people who hate being responsible

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Right now he is a level 31 street justice / willpower stalker. I have level 30 IOs in 3 slots of stamina. I don't think I've actually skipped any powers from either set so far. I generally only run 'Mind Over Body' along with 'Hide' if I can help it, though often I have to run 'Indomitable Will' to not constantly be mezzed or whatever. I almost never run 'Heightened Senses' due to sucking wind constantly. I believe I've put at least one endurance reduction IO in every toggle.

Previously I had mostly accuracy and damage IOs in my attacks, but I took some advice from the thread and added a endurance reduction IO to a few key abilities the last level so I'll see how it works out.

Love the character (stalkers are way better than people realize I think), but a little tired of being constantly out of end. I'm guessing there are fancy unique IOs that help a lot (like performance shifter) but I can't afford anything like that.

edit: I see scrappers get an endurance recovery power in willpower... perhaps I should reroll him as a scrapper?

ah jeez, I didn't realize you were a stalker - stalkers always lose a couple of powers to make room for their Stalker poo poo, and losing the +end from willpower is a really rough one.

how are you set for accuracy? I think jjac (keep wanting to call you Sigmund, dude) was on the money with that - you waste a lot of end in this game dragging out fights if you don't have enough accuracy to shut them down in a timely fashion

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm working on unlocking my Alpha slot on my DP/Dark Miasma Corruptor. Any tips about what I should do with it once I unlock it? I was looking at all the options and I feel very lost.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Just think: If COH2 had happened, Matt would have made SURE there was no way to have Alts…

Everslain posted:

I think people are sleeping on Scrapper /Ninjitsu.

With this I basically reload my stamina bar after a few combos using Titan Weapons. I have it 6 slotted for end mod/recharge, plus hasten 3 slotted for recharge, plus 3 slotted stamina (TW scrapper is REALLY end thirsty). For some reason Stalker Ninjitsu doesn't get this button :shrug:

Ninjitsu also gets you crits out of stealth (sometimes), a cc break, and a self heal. The defense bonuses are decent as well.

I'm gonna make a Savage Melee/Ninjitsu Scrapper tonight. Any tips on powers? What's skippable, what's a must have, etc.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Just think: If COH2 had happened, Matt would have made SURE there was no way to have Alts…

Really, I can't think of a single MMO sequel that's been better than the original, or even really the same kind of game. (GW2 is a very good game, but I'm not convinced it's better than GW1 and also it's barely even comparable because it's so different.)

At this point it's probably better that CoH is in the hands of people who were fans of the game and are just trying to keep it alive and slowly improve it. And with the code out there and people making other private servers, there are opportunities for groups to make the CoH they always wanted, which is kind of cool.

I hope the Homecoming team gets to add new stuff and content to the game as it sounds like they're planning on. It could be really cool to see a game like this not just come back, but keep growing.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Zwiebel posted:

I did a lot of futzing around, trying to get my endurance under control and then just learned the button combination for turning three other inspirations into blues.
It makes you appreciate team members that help with endurance gain. And I do like that endurance and endurance reduction and modification kind of matter.

When I finally hit level 50, I was initially thinking about getting that Endurance Reduction Incarnate power just to bury the issue.
But then I waffled a bit and convinced myself to get the musculature one for +30% damage instead.
And I'm just gonna keep eating those blues for all eternity and hope nobody takes notice of the times my pants fall down as all my toggles very audibly turn off.

Slap a miracle unique in health and a performance shifter unique in stamina, just sit in on a mothership raid and that'll get you enough money for both. Also remember accolades that boost your max end help recovery too as it is percentage based.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Imagine CoH2 launching now, in the era of loot boxes and cosmetic microtransaction price gouging. :gonk: They already had one foot in that grave, but that was after years of free additions. Imagine the game starting with that as the default.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Everslain posted:

I think people are sleeping on Scrapper /Ninjitsu.

With this I basically reload my stamina bar after a few combos using Titan Weapons. I have it 6 slotted for end mod/recharge, plus hasten 3 slotted for recharge, plus 3 slotted stamina (TW scrapper is REALLY end thirsty). For some reason Stalker Ninjitsu doesn't get this button :shrug:

Ninjitsu also gets you crits out of stealth (sometimes), a cc break, and a self heal. The defense bonuses are decent as well.

Sentinal /Ninjitsu is pretty great too. All those end hungry Blaster powers.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Edit: oh another page, joke doesn't work now

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

LordSaturn posted:

I'm beginning to appreciate that healing-based support is a terrible choice if you're playing with people who hate being responsible

ah jeez, I didn't realize you were a stalker - stalkers always lose a couple of powers to make room for their Stalker poo poo, and losing the +end from willpower is a really rough one.

how are you set for accuracy? I think jjac (keep wanting to call you Sigmund, dude) was on the money with that - you waste a lot of end in this game dragging out fights if you don't have enough accuracy to shut them down in a timely fashion

Looking at the secondaries it seems like almost all of them have lost any auto endurance + recovery powers. There are a few clicky endurance powers left though.

I think my main issue is that I pretty much only play in groups. I still like the stalker and he's really effective for taking out bosses quick, but for now I'll probably just have to accept popping blues like crazy until I can afford some fancy IOs (or put a few more -endurance IOs in existing powers).

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

John Murdoch posted:

Bullshit. The Hydra head encounter is nothing but raid-style don't stand in fire effects + summoning adds. One of those effects will effectively 1HKO most characters if they stand in it when it goes off. There's nothing at all like that in the normal game, especially not at levels 1-10. Drowning in Blood has an optional badge for killing the two giant Shivans within 30 seconds of each other...that's literally the same mechanic employed in the BAF Trial where it's now mandatory in order to defeat Siege and Nightstar. (And even the concept of "this thing has bonus objectives for extra badges", while not totally non-existent outside of raids, is very much how raids are structured.)

Those trials inevitably have a bunch of basic combat identical to anything else in the game and there are normal missions out there that have raid-like/lite gimmicks, but DFB and DIB are pretty blatantly built from the same bones as Incarnate trials. I'm not saying they were intended as some kind of nefarious indoctrination, and it could've even been unconscious to a degree - much like how a lot of the 1-20 Praetorian mobs were hideously overtuned because the devs literally forgot how to make basic, low-level enemy groups - but they are more alike than unalike.

Engaging content that takes more effort than hitting the same exact rotation for every kind of content isnt exactly negative. The fact of the matter is that the 'dont stand in the fire' is something I think CoX could use more of. I've done 9 different task/strike forces as i hit 40. And hell if I can tell you the difference, besides what enemy I hit.

Arch villains dont feel like threatening bosses for a full team. They feel the exact same as a minion - just with inflated damage and hp.

I think more actual unique mechanics that make me do more than the exact same 1, 3, 2, 5 combo I use on almost every pack is a good thing

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 27, 2019

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Looking at the secondaries it seems like almost all of them have lost any auto endurance + recovery powers. There are a few clicky endurance powers left though.

I think my main issue is that I pretty much only play in groups. I still like the stalker and he's really effective for taking out bosses quick, but for now I'll probably just have to accept popping blues like crazy until I can afford some fancy IOs (or put a few more -endurance IOs in existing powers).

I don't know if this helps, but if you're the kind of player who mashes buttons right before they go off cooldown, you'll need some restraint for assassin strike because you WILL chain a bunch of very expensive attacks that all interrupt each other.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

John Murdoch posted:

Bullshit back to you. That's not "raid-style" that's just new content! You know what else has you doing that kind of stuff? The Tin Mage and Apex Task Forces! That's 8 man content. Normal group size. And I know you're going to backtrack and say "But you need to be Incarnate to do those!" And yes, because that's what they were making the new content for. Did you ever do the Summer Blockbuster? There's a bunch of interesting stuff they do in the first half playing with what's possible in creating missions, and the 2nd half has fight mechanics especially if you're hunting badges. And that's just 4 man! (Seriously, do the Summer Blockbuster)

Other newish content is like that too. Ms. Liberty and Imperious TFs. And what about really old content? The Hollows Trial needs 8 people to all touch glowies at the same time. The Eden Trial you need to farm a certain mob to get an inspiration drop so the boss doesn't 1-shot you. You're not taught how to do either of those and a lot of the "touch # of things simultaneously" later on just requires you to touch it and not actually coordinate.

"Not standing in the fire" is just how MMOs were starting to get people to actually add something else to do in combat other than stand around and push buttons. It has 0 to do with "raids."

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

KittyEmpress posted:

Engaging content that takes more effort than hitting the same exact rotation for every kind of content isnt exactly negative. The fact of the matter is that the 'dont stand in the fire' is something I think CoX could use more of. I've done 9 different task/strike forces as i hit 40. And hell if I can tell you the difference, besides what enemy I hit.

Arch villains dont feel like threatening bosses for a full team. They feel the exact same as a minion - just with inflated damage and hp.

I think more actual unique mechanics that make me do more than the exact same 1, 3, 2, 5 combo I use on almost every pack is a good thing

Part of this is power creep. AVs were actually threatening before IOs and the rest. We fought a couple AVs last night doing portal missions that I didn't even realize we had killed because some folks were so powerful.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
How do I get to that level 1 sewers trial ya'll were talking about a few pages back?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Moola posted:

How do I get to that level 1 sewers trial ya'll were talking about a few pages back?

There's a LFG button right between Email and Tab at the top of your chat window. Lots of pubbies don't realize you can just single queue and it'll put you in a group so they spend way too long waiting to get an 8-person group together.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

I've done 9 different task/strike forces as i hit 40. And hell if I can tell you the difference, besides what enemy I hit.

Try getting on a Sutter Task Force (heroside) or a Mortimer Kal Strike Force (villainside). The AV fights in both are slightly more engaging, albeit half of them are 'more adds/ambushes when you've hit the AV enough'.

CoH incarnate trials/raids are pretty much the only types of multi-team raids I've ever done. How do they compare to stuff from the same time period (which wold be something like WoW Cataclysm If I recall correctly)?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Cata had its share of mechanics, but I think what was more interesting is that it was followed by LotWK, which lowered the number of people required for the more involved content and brought a lot less "just hit things/collect bare bear asses" to the quests. There was a definite shift in this era to having the player do varied stuff all over the game and not just in dungeon/raid content, but WoW had that sprinkled in all over from the beginning.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
I remember Imperious at least, though I also remember there came a period where you could stack enough -regen (I think?) that you could brute force him.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Not attacking or calling anyone out, but I think it's really weird how lots of City of Heroes players seem to be violently allergic to content that involves more than "mash butan, kill mans"

I mean, I like mash butan kill mans, and I don't think the game would've been worse off without the Incarnate content, but I don't think it would've been better off without them either.

I do understand the aversion to larger sized raids, though, all though CoH's were still really really easy for the most part

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 27, 2019

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I'm very anti raid. They were nice in FFXIV when it was nothing but or majority goons, but doing any of them with pubbies, especaially when you didn't know what to do was infuriating and I hated it.

I don't mind dodging the poo in DFB.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

KittyEmpress posted:

Engaging content that takes more effort than hitting the same exact rotation for every kind of content isnt exactly negative.

I never said it was a negative. Though as previously mentioned the Hydra fight is bad and boring and really the rest of DFB's gimmicks are pretty phoned-in too. Has anyone ever actually been threatened by the zappy Rikti bombs in the Lost segment? At least the fire geysers in first part actively get in your way.

Potsticker posted:

Bullshit back to you. That's not "raid-style" that's just new content! You know what else has you doing that kind of stuff? The Tin Mage and Apex Task Forces! That's 8 man content. Normal group size. And I know you're going to backtrack and say "But you need to be Incarnate to do those!" And yes, because that's what they were making the new content for.

Did you ever do the Summer Blockbuster? There's a bunch of interesting stuff they do in the first half playing with what's possible in creating missions, and the 2nd half has fight mechanics especially if you're hunting badges. And that's just 4 man! (Seriously, do the Summer Blockbuster)

It's rare I get to point out a tautology but I'm pretty sure that's what you got there. My whole point was that during that last year or so they were pushing raid and raid-like content an awful lot. So by pointing out other contemporary content that is also similar you actually seem to agree with what I'm talking about it. Cool.

Tin Mage and Apex are pretty clearly a dry run for designing Incarnate content and outside of the task force structure are formatted pretty similarly. And I wonder if half the reason why they were TFs at all is because the LFG system wasn't in place yet. Regardless, not a big surprise that the two pieces of content made to be the introduction to the endgame raid system would also in fact have similar mechanics.

Potsticker posted:

Other newish content is like that too. Ms. Liberty and Imperious TFs. And what about really old content? The Hollows Trial needs 8 people to all touch glowies at the same time. The Eden Trial you need to farm a certain mob to get an inspiration drop so the boss doesn't 1-shot you. You're not taught how to do either of those and a lot of the "touch # of things simultaneously" later on just requires you to touch it and not actually coordinate.

Gonna need an explanation on what's supposed to be raid-like about ITF. Outside of Romulus' nictus gimmick at the end it's basically just "blow up big mobs x100" unless my memory is utterly failing me. Surprised you didn't mention Hami raids at all. Otherwise I don't really know what you're trying to get at. I never said gimmicks and special boss fights and/or whatever else never existed before Incarnates, I'm saying that very specific elements were repeated in a particular way.

DFB is started via the LFG queue just like an Incarnate trial, it features a special objective tracker just like an Incarnate trial, it has distinct phases just like an Incarnate trial with a voice in your ear giving trite updates as you make progress, if you die and respawn in the hospital there's a countdown on the exit door to force players to come back in waves just like an Incarnate trial, there are bonus badge objectives requiring specific target prioritization just like an Incarnate trial, oh and just like an Incarnate trial it gives outsized rewards compared to the alternatives. (The easy XP and Hydra chemical bonuses at the end are one thing but you're also getting a supply of SOs from all the AVs that you normally wouldn't see before 22 outside of Yin's store.) As previously stated the insta-kill Hydra attack is absolutely not something you would see anywhere else in the game outside of Incarnate raids (and in fact I had to go refresh my memory and unless I'm missing something DiB doesn't even have special mechanics like that, it's all just one big killathon. :psyduck:). I'm not 100% if the Lost AV's ability to do...something with his adds only shows up in raids but it's does show up in those (seriously has anyone in the history of DFB ever not gotten the badge for killing the adds first?) The environmental traps are not really an Incarnate trial thing, but they are definitely half-assed.

Potsticker posted:

"Not standing in the fire" is just how MMOs were starting to get people to actually add something else to do in combat other than stand around and push buttons. It has 0 to do with "raids."

Are...are you trying to imply "don't stand in the fire" was some new innovation by the time City of Heroes got to it? You seriously don't see any possible connection between the introduction of an endgame raid system and the proliferation of those mechanics elsewhere in the game?

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
I strongly feel that the bulk of the Incarnate raids were objectively a great thing for the game, and I find the vast majority of them to be very fun and fulfilling content(The slight exception is Lambda, where the melees zerg through to the objectives and the squishies are all left to die in the hallways- that always sucks). The game is in a much better place because of, not in spite of, their existence. What's the alternative to the game having any evolution in gameplay? Yet more mindless poo poo like Citadel TF?

I'm honestly not getting the complaint about "don't stand in the fire" type mechanics. The final fight of the Apex Task Force is my favorite fight in all of CoX. The mechanics are what makes it fun, though I do think that the swords are a little overtuned(they have huge CC resistance).

I've always felt that the Incarnate system itself makes characters way too powerful. I think they rushed it out the door without considering just how OP it would make everyone, and it reflected poorly on them as devs.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Finalists of the costume contest including yours truly bleeding everywhere:

edit: oh and a max boobslider fairy to the right

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 27, 2019

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

gently caress I missed it

Old_Screwtape
Nov 18, 2014
Not to be rude, but I think your vitriol against raids/Incarnates/etc. is clouding things.

John Murdoch posted:

Though as previously mentioned the Hydra fight is bad and boring and really the rest of DFB's gimmicks are pretty phoned-in too. Has anyone ever actually been threatened by the zappy Rikti bombs in the Lost segment? At least the fire geysers in first part actively get in your way.

I don't think the gimmicks are supposed to be actually lethal so much as try to encourage the group to move together, as opposed to letting one player zoom ahead of everyone one. And the badge requirements, I think, teach some level of skills used elsewhere: team coordination, focusing on a specific enemy, or clearing support enemies, the last of which is almost the same as the Nictus at the end of the ITF.

John Murdoch posted:

As previously stated the insta-kill Hydra attack is absolutely not something you would see anywhere else in the game outside of Incarnate raids (and in fact I had to go refresh my memory and unless I'm missing something DiB doesn't even have special mechanics like that, it's all just one big killathon. :psyduck:). I'm not 100% if the Lost AV's ability to do...something with his adds only shows up in raids but it's does show up in those (seriously has anyone in the history of DFB ever not gotten the badge for killing the adds first?) The environmental traps are not really an Incarnate trial thing, but they are definitely half-assed.

I think your point here is a little misleading: it's true that sort of content is pretty alien in the rest of CoH, but it is certainly not alien in CoV at its launch. In base CoH, the enemies have only powers that players could use (with possibly some mix-and-match of powers/archetypes). In contrast, in CoV, a number of the Heroes you face have gimmicks or special powers that can absolutely make things impossible. For example, Aurora Borealis has a crash-less psychic wail that triggers when she's low on health. Both Manticore and Valkyrie have special ranged attacks that seriously hurt and are used at random, including the opening attack. Positron gets "Enraged" ( a level-shift by another name) so that he's +2 or so to the mission and fires of a crash-less T9 armor when he hits half health. Ghost Widow has an infamous Mag 50 hold with massive DoT, which is effectively an insta-kill attack that she throws at random without any notification. And, that's all not to mention the various enemies you face who are massive pains, like the Bane Scouts who can Assassin Strike or the Night Widows who can floor your To-Hit with smoke bombs.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The knockoff Captain Marvel won. I wouldn't have even minded if the purple girl or hideous jester had won. (They don't translate very well to screenshot but purple girl was a good costume and hideous jester had a clever frankensteined way to make a hideous glowing mouth.)

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
They wanted to induce some crashes for debugging, and I think they did a swell job with that!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I like that the one in yellow is just the full asian-themed set with no added pieces or anything different done with it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That's a lot of words, so I'm not going to do some huge breakdown but here's some important points:

John Murdoch posted:

My whole point was that during that last year or so they were pushing raid and raid-like content an awful lot. So by pointing out other contemporary content that is also similar you actually seem to agree with what I'm talking about it. Cool.

You calling it "raid-like" does not make it raid-like. I was trying to give you a lot of examples on how it was just "content" and exists outside of raids, but you seem to have missed that in addition to saying things like:

John Murdoch posted:

Surprised you didn't mention Hami raids at all.

I wasn't trying to make an exhaustive list. Just give examples. Hami and the EoEs are something else they did that is unlike anything else in the game-- save like the Eden trial which I did mention. And being a trial, DFB is close to the other trials in the game.

John Murdoch posted:

Are...are you trying to imply "don't stand in the fire" was some new innovation by the time City of Heroes got to it? You seriously don't see any possible connection between the introduction of an endgame raid system and the proliferation of those mechanics elsewhere in the game?

No, I'm not saying it's a new innovation in games, I was saying that's where games were going in increasingly no having the kite/stand there and hit buttons. I'm not sure you actually read what I posted at this point. And you really seem to be just like what you accuse Miller of, but from the other "side" of things. But really there doesn't have to be sides. You can enjoy all this content without it taking away from others. If you hate DFB, that's fine. They made new low level Atlas content that wasn't just walking into SERAPH or MAGI and getting random kill 10 skulls.

Old_Screwtape posted:

Not to be rude, but I think your vitriol against raids/Incarnates/etc. is clouding things.

This is how he's been starting to read to me as well.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Old_Screwtape posted:

Not to be rude, but how about ya'll gently caress off with this "you must be so mad about raids you can't think straight" poo poo.

Potsticker posted:

You can enjoy all this content without it taking away from others. If you hate DFB, that's fine.

Where did I say I wanted to take anything away from anyone. Where did I say I hate DFB. Maybe try not to fall into the ole "guess you didn't read my post" routine when you're making poo poo up.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

John Murdoch posted:

Where did I say I wanted to take anything away from anyone. Where did I say I hate DFB. Maybe try not to fall into the ole "guess you didn't read my post" routine when you're making poo poo up.

John Murdoch posted:

Though as previously mentioned the Hydra fight is bad and boring and really the rest of DFB's gimmicks are pretty phoned-in too. Has anyone ever actually been threatened by the zappy Rikti bombs in the Lost segment? At least the fire geysers in first part actively get in your way.

I did kind of get the impression that you didn't like it when you called it bad and boring.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

tbh if there's any low level content that isn't truly isn't representative of the bulk of the content it's the Habershy arc with the weird updating zone area instances in Atlas Park because they in no way represent CoH's largely instanced missions and look more like something out of post-Wrath of the Lich King WoW

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I now have like 55 characters

Please send help

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Like, more character ideas, or....?

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker

FrostyPox posted:

I now have like 55 characters

Please send help

It's okay to make many characters if you just like the character creation aspect

You really only start to have a problem if you've levelled and geared then all up though.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Crasical posted:

I did kind of get the impression that you didn't like it when you called it bad and boring.

Read that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Okay, I'll be rude here now. gently caress off John Murdoch.