Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Samuringa posted:

I think the Glaxon Vandal is exactly the kind of weapon I was looking for. Has anyone made a 0 K build for it, considering it was just released?

It's basically a worse (but still pretty good) cold-themed Ignis, and built accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's basically a worse (but still pretty good) cold-themed Ignis, and built accordingly.

The numbers look better than the standard Glaxion, but Crit on the Glaxion Vandal is a trap. If you swap Vital Sense and Point Strike for a second Dual Stat and Primed Shred (or Speed Trigger) you'll get nearly the same DPS with more than twice as many status procs (5.148 per second with crit mods vs 11.66 with primed shred). The Glaxion Vandal's real strength is stripping armor or filling a room with so many gas procs that you can't actually see your target.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, the crit should be ignored

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Rope fight is super easy as wukong.

Robot-computer voice guy has a nice solo guide for it with Wukong (be fine in a team too of course)
Not tried it yet, as I'm taking a wee break, but I really like the dude and his guides seem pretty good to my relatively noobian brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMqZXQZoZAA

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Avulsion posted:

The numbers look better than the standard Glaxion, but Crit on the Glaxion Vandal is a trap. If you swap Vital Sense and Point Strike for a second Dual Stat and Primed Shred (or Speed Trigger) you'll get nearly the same DPS with more than twice as many status procs (5.148 per second with crit mods vs 11.66 with primed shred). The Glaxion Vandal's real strength is stripping armor or filling a room with so many gas procs that you can't actually see your target.

If you're building for Corrosive you don't want a ludicrous number of status procs, as that'll just result in fully stripped armor and loss of your damage bonus. If you're building it for Gas, then yeah, sure.

Admittedly I am may also be somewhat biased on account of having a pretty solid crit-heavy riven for the gun.

e: How does Primed Shred interact with the AoE? Does it get a fresh one for every target it hits, only on the initial impact, or only on the final impact?

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 27, 2019

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Adolf Glitter posted:

Robot-computer voice guy has a nice solo guide for it with Wukong (be fine in a team too of course)
Not tried it yet, as I'm taking a wee break, but I really like the dude and his guides seem pretty good to my relatively noobian brain

Hit 2, gain energy from taking damage and live forever (or until you fall off the map or enter a nullifier).

Bring a good gun that can mess with a 'Lyst, and an amp that isn't Mote.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i did my ropy soloing with inaros. very easy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tulip posted:

Not 100% sure why† Blaze has been going up in price, but even at the current price of 35 plat, it's massively, massively justified to pay for. It's one of the best mods in the game, period, and is basically a slam pick for any shotgun.

Hammer shot, not so much.

blaze has been increasing in price because it used to be easily available via alerts, but now you have to actually get it from nightmare missions. same with hammer shot, despite it not being particularly good.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

holy poo poo people are paying 40p+ for hammer shot? i should sell mine since i never use it

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

thylacine posted:

Link Health / Link Armor works pretty well, as it taking off attack mods like RoadCrewWorker said. There's is also [Pack Leader], which heals your pet a % of the melee damage you do. So, if you glance up and your cat is fighting something and about to die you just melee a monster a couple times and it's good. My Smeeta survives Kuva Flood missions just fine with these mods (I'm usually playing Khora).

Hmm, I was hoping to use my cat as a healer with hunter recovery, here is my current build

catto couldn't even stay alive for a minute at wave 7 of the disruption endurance. Should I just give up on dreams of free healing and remove the attack stuff?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Xun posted:

Hmm, I was hoping to use my cat as a healer with hunter recovery, here is my current build

catto couldn't even stay alive for a minute at wave 7 of the disruption endurance. Should I just give up on dreams of free healing and remove the attack stuff?

Try Tek Assault and Pack Leader.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

cats just dont really have the mod space to fit all the survivability, utility AND attack mods. you kind of need to pick 2 i think.

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Well, my crit Glaxion with 6 or 7 forma shredded the Sortie 3 today (and kuva flood enemies) but I'll have to try these other builds.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Is there any way to cheese the spy missions? I'm having a run of bad luck, and getting desperate. :saddowns:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
There are a few. The easiest is to ask for someone to help.

If you have reached... Neptune (?) you could farm up Loki who can be invisible and stuff.

You could look up guides of how to do the spies, quality may vary. Steam had a good screenshot guide.

Notably, cipher hotkey is Y. And you can buy a 10x BP on the market. If nothing else, Rhino, iron skin and just bumrish the console

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah ivara, but you gotta do a bunch of spy missions for her lol

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
That one story spy mission where there are 3 vaults and you lose if you fail one is when I gave up and got ciphers.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Samuringa posted:

That one story spy mission where there are 3 vaults and you lose if you fail one is when I gave up and got ciphers.

I think that's the mission that is the one that I'm stuck on. And I also started making a cipher, because I definitely can't do the last hack manually.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
10x cipher BP is my bff

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Had an odd bug crop up after I formaed my smeeta in the dojo. The cat just kept gaining +plus affinity for using an ability, and leveling up at an increasing rate. I chickened out and left the dojo after gaining a few levels, but the cat lost all the levels I'd gained. Went back into the dojo, and the cat started gaining levels again.

This just standard BugFrame?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bug Squash posted:

Had an odd bug crop up after I formaed my smeeta in the dojo. The cat just kept gaining +plus affinity for using an ability, and leveling up at an increasing rate. I chickened out and left the dojo after gaining a few levels, but the cat lost all the levels I'd gained. Went back into the dojo, and the cat started gaining levels again.

This just standard BugFrame?

Think this might be a weird residual trace of a Khora exploit that was around a few months ago where you could speed level by trying to spawn Venari where she couldn't spawn but it would still give the 50xp for using an ability.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

prefect posted:

Is there any way to cheese the spy missions? I'm having a run of bad luck, and getting desperate. :saddowns:

Bring a stealthframe (Loki, Ash, Ivara, Octavia) and look for side passages. Spy vaults are basically fast-food restaurant playgrounds with a central computer that you have to hack.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

njsykora posted:

Think this might be a weird residual trace of a Khora exploit that was around a few months ago where you could speed level by trying to spawn Venari where she couldn't spawn but it would still give the 50xp for using an ability.

Could be. The cat was gaining +1000s of xp every two seconds, plus more every time it leveled up, all without me doing anything.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

And Tyler Too! posted:

Bring a stealthframe (Loki, Ash, Ivara, Octavia) and look for side passages. Spy vaults are basically fast-food restaurant playgrounds with a central computer that you have to hack.

Okay, I did just hit level 30 on my Excalibur, so maybe it's time for me to try to find a new frame to start leveling.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Bug Squash posted:

Could be. The cat was gaining +1000s of xp every two seconds, plus more every time it leveled up, all without me doing anything.

You may want to report this to DE. Protip, don't make and publish a youtube video about it.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

FunkyFjord posted:

You may want to report this to DE. Protip, don't make and publish a youtube video about it.

It doesn't actually gain any xp so I think it's on the level of a display glitch or something. Happened to me too a few months ago and goons told me it was old even then

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

prefect posted:

Okay, I did just hit level 30 on my Excalibur, so maybe it's time for me to try to find a new frame to start leveling.

loki is the most easily accessible invisible frame, and he can also teleport past obstacles.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

prefect posted:

Use the Hush or Suppress mods, or weapons that are naturally silent like most bows, to dispatch enemies, security cameras, sensor bars, and arc traps from a distance.

In Corpus vaults, take it slow, try to peek around corners for security cameras before exposing yourself, and look for air vents which provide roundabout passages between rooms or up to the rafters. Some laser-heavy vaults contain consoles you can reach and interact with to disable the lasers, though you usually have to sneak past the lasers to reach them.

In Grineer vaults, don't try to take out sensor regulators before clearing the vault. They have heavily inflated health and will alert the vault if not killed in one hit. Watch their patrol routes from safety if possible.

Loki and Ivara have abilities that turn them invisible to sneak past enemies, regulators, and security cameras. Both require you to reach Neptune on the star chart to complete in the foundry, and Ivara parts only drop in spy missions with all vaults opened (but alerts are allowed as long as the data isn't erased). Cephalon Suda and the Perrin Sequence sell a mod at maximum syndicate rank that lets Ivara's invisibility also bypass Corpus lasers without raising alerts, making Corpus vaults trivial.

Consider soloing spy missions you need to clean sweep, or partner with somebody who has a spy frame like the above and wait just outside the vault door while they clear it. In multiplayer spy missions, one player can raise the alert for the whole vault, sometimes even if the player is not in the vault.

Buy the cipher blueprint from the market (both x1 and x10 blueprints are infinitely reusable) and build ciphers. Build so many ciphers you don't even have to think about how many you have left. They can save your rear end in an unexpected vault alert by bypassing the time needed to hack a console keeping a door locked closed. They're also extremely handy just in general and pretty cheap to build.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

prefect posted:

Rhino. His 2 makes him immune to laser knockdown. Bring cyphers if you can't break through locks quickly.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Can someone post a good ignis w build guide? starting to forma this thing and i want to make sure i'm not loving it up

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Before I got Loki’s I cheesed most spy missions with Limbo or Nova and my stealth dog.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Jinnigan posted:

Can someone post a good ignis w build guide? starting to forma this thing and i want to make sure i'm not loving it up

Let me recommend a YouTube channel, just as a general good first place to go for weapon builds:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXeubDV2dwI-V9FO9oiDu3A

Leyzar has an extremely newbie-friendly approach to build guides (sometimes to the detriment of super high-end optimization, but by the time you're worrying about that, you can probably figure out more stuff for yourself.) He explains every mod choice, avoids recommending expensive mods unless they're completely indispensable, and typically presents several alternatives for anything that isn't mandatory. He's covered nearly every gun in the game and I think he's still active, although these days I usually get my builds from CephalonWannabe or theorycraft something myself.

Here's his Ignis Wraith video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4lt3PrbnF8

(As it happens this is nearly identical to the build I use and which Wannabe recommends, if only because the Ignis Wraith is an odd weapon that doesn't have enough crit for Hunter Munitions to be a good choice, but does just barely have a big enough chance and multiplier for crit mods to be best in slot. Leyzar kind of hates Hunter Munitions, but usually still mentions it if it's undeniably the best option. In the Ignis's case, though, it definitely isn't.)

For a more theory-based approach, here's a really helpful video for understanding how weapon builds in Warframe work in general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3iln0ZSZyI

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Yeah those Layzar guides are pretty decent, even if just for a jumping off point. It's good that they aren't all like, 7 forma and poo poo like a lot of other guides
Pretty sure my Ignis Wraith is his build. It's maybe not 100% perfect, idk maybe it is, but it wrecks everything anyway

On the subject of spy missions, the Bazza is a great weapon if you don't dig bows. loving silent smg, yes please.
Oh and the gun bit of the Redeemer prime is also silent (which is nuts as it's a drat load bang.

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 27, 2019

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

bazza is a great weapon in general

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the fulmin is really good and can function as a silent shotgun

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Found a Kuria while exploring the new tileset! :toot:

There's two hacking panels on the walkways up on the sides of the room there; once you hack them the thing in the center will overload and blast out electricity. That probably also opens up the spot where the Kuria is, but I found the Kuria after doing the panels, so... :shrug:
(Unfortunately, the whole room was covered in sunbeams, so I couldn't get a halfway decent shot. I think the Stalker popping in made it worse somehow.)

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
With the dust settling from the melee rework, does anyone have some new favorite melee weapons or stances?

I used to bring a polearm everywhere and just blender as I moved but polearm stances now stop your momentum, now I bring a bullet dance redeemer everywhere and shoot everything in the face.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hey DE gimme that corpus flamethrower

we'll probably get eventually, after we get the nox cannon and the ghoul saw.......

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

With the dust settling from the melee rework, does anyone have some new favorite melee weapons or stances?

I used to bring a polearm everywhere and just blender as I moved but polearm stances now stop your momentum, now I bring a bullet dance redeemer everywhere and shoot everything in the face.

The dust has not settled yet, in theory. They promised a full damage/stats rebalance on all melee weapons. That should come as fast as possible as I'm wasting a lot of riven storage on melee rivens.

I do love me the orvius with a sidearm though. Just throw it randomly while reloading your secondary and it will kill a group of enemies for sure, and hopefully not you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Nalesh posted:

Also speaking of modding stuff, recently found this and it's really good, even has simulated simulacrum(lol) https://riven.im/weapon

This is really cool and something I'd been looking for. It's really useful being able to try different zaw combinations and plug in custom rivens into builds to see which might be better when rolling.

I have a plague kripath riven with +damage +heat +damage to infested. According to riven.im it does 50k dps to both corpus and Grineer. I don't actually have a plague kripath yet though so I can't test it myself which is why this is nice to have.

I rolled it and had the choice to swap it to +damage +crit damage +impact - damage to corpus. I would have thought that is straight up better and still pretty good vs Corpus even with the - damage but plugging it into the builder it gave me less damage vs infested (pretty irrelevant), significantly less damage vs Corpus and a decent chunk more vs Grineer. Overall though, not taking into account the different factions and armour, the average damage was actually a little less even with big combo multipliers factored in. Now I know the Grineer are the toughest enemies in the game but I'm lazy and don't want to swap mods between missions so I stuck with the original one. It might have been a mistake tbh, I'm kind of sad because I love seeing big crits but I'll keep rolling it anyway to see if I can get anything spicier.