Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

OK it now gives 50% of your super back.
Are you going to use a different exotic?
Any exotic that gives your super back is bad for balance. I mean you can use anything you want for fun but if you're doing a raid or whatever with people you'll kinda should use the best possible option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roman posted:

Any exotic that gives your super back is bad for balance. I mean you can use anything you want for fun but if you're doing a raid or whatever with people you'll kinda should use the best possible option

Yeah.. I'm just thinking that "free super energy" is always going to be either too powerful or completely useless if it's an appropriately small amount. Their Bungie Vision is for super energy to be primarily generated from teammate orbs, so they could like.... make the supers generate additional orbs for teammates rather than regen your own super? I dunno. It's rare that their super-specific exotics strike a good balance between way OP and total dookie

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I get the argument against super regen Exotics but it only takes a few supers for the orbs to pile up and for everyone to start stringing supers endlessly. The bulk of the work there is being done by the orbs, and not the Exotics. The Exotics help kick it off and recover after any snags, but really they just make it so you don't have to run across the arena top to bottom to collect said orbs which are definitely there.

And I'm well aware Bungie very specifically wants that but it's impractical and annoying, and in a raid or anything where you individually have a role to play in a specific place, it's just not an option.

And so I am also aware that they're basically saying "Nuh uh, young soldier, you ain't earned that super" but Bungie is filled with room temp tards and so I disagree!

Whatever Celestial Nighthawk caps out at for returned super, tune the others to max out there too. Less than half is still terrific. Keep it around 35% max or so, done.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Doomfang Pauldrons and Celestial Nighthawk and Raiden Flux are super cool and good

Gimme more exotics like that

Make Skull of Diggumsthefrog or whatever turn slowva into turbova and the trackers do more damage and seek faster

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

actionjackson posted:

pro: resembles my vibrator

con: too similar to Tiesto

*Telesto

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

sidearm people rate my transplation theory

farpoint or control
appended mag
full auto
rampage
range mw

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
PvP sidearms 100% always need Rangefinder

It's the Full Choke of Sidearms

Yours is really good for PvE sidearm usage if such a thing exists

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

So can we assume these are going away next season or what?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So can we assume these are going away next season or what?
All they said was powerful engrams from bounties would be less of a boost and will be even less after 720

if that's the package with a free powerful they might just make it +1 or same level, or just a free normal level legendary. They said nothing about it going away

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Roman posted:

All they said was powerful engrams from bounties would be less of a boost and will be even less after 720

if that's the package with a free powerful they might just make it +1 or same level, or just a free normal level legendary. They said nothing about it going away

Oh I know, I'm not referencing anything from a TWAB. But if you look at the description of the reward, it ends with "during the Season of the Drifter". Sounds like an expiration date to me. Maybe Crew Loyalty Package gets replaced with Workhorse Loyalty Package or some such nonsense, like how Bright Engrams keep getting new names but they're the same thing

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maybe they'll extend the allegiance quest to get your new Dipshit Package.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Emron posted:

Dipshit Package.

No, I sided with the Vanguard :smug:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Krew Loyalty Package

It's my dick in a box

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Doomfang Pauldrons and Celestial Nighthawk and Raiden Flux are super cool and good

Gimme more exotics like that

Make Skull of Diggumsthefrog or whatever turn slowva into turbova and the trackers do more damage and seek faster

Nighthawk gives ~30% super back if you kill with it. It is therefore part of THE PROBLEM with the game and ruins every encounter.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

PvP sidearms 100% always need Rangefinder

It's the Full Choke of Sidearms

Yours is really good for PvE sidearm usage if such a thing exists

I run farpoint, ricochet rounds, full auto, tap the trigger, range masterwork and 100% disagree.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

I run farpoint, ricochet rounds, full auto, tap the trigger, range masterwork and 100% disagree.

I enjoy it too and I don't dispute that you do well with it.

The stability from Tap The Trigger is real nice. But if I could trade it for Rangefinder and get like 20% more effective range? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

(Translation Theory can't even get Rangefinder so IMHO it's not even close to The Last Dance or Anonymous Autumn or Smuggler's Word for PvP usage)

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 28, 2019

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I enjoy it too and I don't dispute that you do well with it.

The stability from Tap The Trigger is real nice. But if I could trade it for Rangefinder and get like 20% more effective range? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

(Translation Theory can't even get Rangefinder so IMHO it's not even close to The Last Dance or Anonymous Autumn or Smuggler's Word for PvP usage)

Sorry you said sidearms, I’m talking about my Smuggler’s Word not translation theory.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Sorry you said sidearms, I’m talking about my Smuggler’s Word not translation theory.

That's a real good one and I'm not surprised you do well with it.

I'd swap TTT for Rangefinder all day every day since range is King with sidearms, but Smugger's Word has pretty crap stability so I would never call TTT "bad"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'd swap TTT for Rangefinder all day every day since range is King with sidearms, but Smugger's Word has pretty crap stability so I would never call TTT "bad"

I have the exact same with zen moment instead of ttt and it wrecks

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think 80 range is the best you can get on any existing sidearm.

I know rangefinder does more than just add to the range bar but I don't think it's a god roll requirement for smuggler's.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Their Bungie Vision is for super energy to be primarily generated from teammate orbs, so they could like.... make the supers generate additional orbs for teammates rather than regen your own super?

cvnvcnv posted:

I get the argument against super regen Exotics but it only takes a few supers for the orbs to pile up and for everyone to start stringing supers endlessly.

Was shooting the hidden things on Mars for the exotic sword and stumbled into an Escalation Protocol that was going on and there must have been about a hundred orbs (or maybe even more) on the ground constantly as super after super decimated everything so fast that enemy corpses were glitching out and getting stuck in midair. It was really fun how chaotic it was even though it was hard to see what was actually happening and it sucked when we finished and the chest appeared but I didn't have a key to open it :( When this game goes nuts however it's so fun.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's intentional, one of the EP bosses has acolytes spawn that explode with orbs when they die.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

I think 80 range is the best you can get on any existing sidearm.

I know rangefinder does more than just add to the range bar but I don't think it's a god roll requirement for smuggler's.

Pretty much. It's surprising how far out they're effective.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I sacrificed a bit of range for extra stability and handling (on the scope) and it has served me well.

Im lucky that my roll allows me to do that but yeah Range > Everything 99% of the time on sidearms.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
https://i.imgur.com/iCSqWYK.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/fh7lcNk.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/MP2xoob.gifv

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Destiny was so laggy tonight. Just loving awful.

Feeling the pinch of low population i guess

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

This is the "raid preparation guide" that people somehow have to do in a 6 hour window

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Giving me flashbacks to raid preperation in WoW that is.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No one remembers the wow world firsts either so that tells how you what all this preparation is worth.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I assume that was put together by a redditor who just went down a checklist of all the powerful gear. No one who isn't literally getting paid to play Destiny or doesn't feel they have a legitimate shot at ~world first~ will even consider doing all that before the raid opens.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

do you have the catalyst?

I can't use that gun worth a drat

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Reminds me of the good old days in D1 with 900 rpm AR's.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
"Power Surge" quest is just drinking three cases of Surge soda in an hour.

You win when your heart stops.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

No one remembers the wow world firsts either so that tells how you what all this preparation is worth.

Didn't Luke Smith win a WoW world first for a thing? And it gave him mega rare title for his character?

Idk a thing about Warcraft, I think this was in a Skill Up video or something. But it seems the titles in D2 are a legacy of that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cvnvcnv posted:

Didn't Luke Smith win a WoW world first for a thing? And it gave him mega rare title for his character?

Idk a thing about Warcraft, I think this was in a Skill Up video or something. But it seems the titles in D2 are a legacy of that.

Luke Smith was a Scarab Lord, meaning he was a top player in a top clan in the heyday of WoW.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

actionjackson posted:

do you have the catalyst?

I can't use that gun worth a drat

Yep, lots of fun

Oh and here's this. Nothing particularly amazing, just some fun voops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-1x3oBzoIo

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 28, 2019

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

cvnvcnv posted:

Oh they definatly are, WoW's had titles for doing the same sort of poo poo you do for Rivensbane for years.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZAnNh_y5Go

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Finally the skyboxers will get their matchmaking "raid" and prove everyone wrong that it DOES work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
more like season of flatulence

video is a big wet fart

lol