Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

So they remade old Poppy... despite saying her old ult was garbage with no counter play that actively made the game less fun, but then also made this version of her old kit slower and sound much less fun to play or play against? :psyduck:

I'm not a LoL lore guy by any means and learned the entirety of my knowledge of Mord's lore right now, from that video. However, I feel like the lord of death that they call "The Iron Revenant" would have the revenant souls, that he plans to populate his afterlife with, following him to that afterlife as thralls

E: what happens to a champ that gets sent to the shadow realm while wearing the new backpack they released?

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

What happens if you open up a shadow realm inside another shadow realm? How deep does it go?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Bot lane Seito Kaiba who hates Twisted Fate

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

So they remade old Poppy... despite saying her old ult was garbage with no counter play that actively made the game less fun, but then also made this version of her old kit slower and sound much less fun to play or play against? :psyduck:

They're not comparable at all. Diplomatic Immunity made you immune to everyone save your target while still allowing you to engage other targets. This drags both you and your target into the Shadow Realm, where you can only interact with eachother for the duration.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 27, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm happy that there is now a way to rigidly enforce the sacred top lane law of 1v1 Me Bro.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
WWE Morde where his ult locks you into a cage match.

Mace is a giant ladder.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

njsykora posted:

I'm happy that there is now a way to rigidly enforce the sacred top lane law of 1v1 Me Bro.

extremely unironically agreed, it's even better cause if you know you can take one of them, you ult one, vanish, then come back with bonus stats to gently caress up the other guy.

You only get seven seconds to kill him, though, so make it count.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Now the real question is Can I Jungle Him

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Servaetes posted:

Now the real question is Can I Jungle Him

well you can, but will you lose the game for your team in the process? Maybe!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i was talking about this before but to reiterate for thread people - i think this ult is insanely, really strong depending on how the zhonyas interaction works. it has this huge gently caress off 1v1 duel duration, and being able to pop zhonyas to extend your lifespan in the duel gives you at minimum a 2.5 second ultimate cc. think like suppression, 2.5 seconds minimum, and also you can not get out of it literally in any way. i am seeing support mordekaiser going zhonyas and cheesing people with flash pulls on the enemy adc, or just running up in a baron/dragon contest and banishing their jungler to hell.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

i was talking about this before but to reiterate for thread people - i think this ult is insanely, really strong depending on how the zhonyas interaction works. it has this huge gently caress off 1v1 duel duration, and being able to pop zhonyas to extend your lifespan in the duel gives you at minimum a 2.5 second ultimate cc. think like suppression, 2.5 seconds minimum, and also you can not get out of it literally in any way. i am seeing support mordekaiser going zhonyas and cheesing people with flash pulls on the enemy adc, or just running up in a baron/dragon contest and banishing their jungler to hell.

This sounds like it Extremely Owns tbh, so I expect it to be nerfed directly into the ground by week 2 of release.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It really feels like the shadow realm has to still have monsters in it, there's like no way they could develop him and not think "hmm 7 seconds of hard cc on a jungler would make baron fights extremely hosed up"

Even still he is the best peeler in the game on release which is lmao

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the cat really hosed up their pudge ratio so im glad theyre adding a new one

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Decided to record the start of a Karthus jungle game and well, it sure started off special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOElYG73b3s

Please tell me you won that game

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Svensken posted:

Please tell me you won that game

Very quickly.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Can turrets target you in the shadow realm because if not he becomes the ultimate tower diver. Have your buddy duck out after one ability rotation and have an unloseable 1v1 literally anywhere

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dark Star skins coming, Jhin, Karma and Shaco. Also Riot remembered Shaco exists.
https://twitter.com/loleu/status/1133417651164704768

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
That jhin ult looks pretty distracting

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

el dingo posted:

That jhin ult looks pretty distracting

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Brief Morde champion spotlight. He's just a loving Necron, now! You can't trick me, Riot!!

strong bird
May 12, 2009

hes just pudge + legion commander. resuming patrol

strong bird
May 12, 2009

legon commander but you exit the game world because its league

new champ checklist
✓ hook
✓ copious amounts of self healing/shielding
✓ becomes invulnerable

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

every champion is just a warcraft three sheep but with extra stuff. Great Analysis

strong bird
May 12, 2009

they should stop making heroes that are pudge and i will stop brutally roasting them in the League of Legends Season 8: I'm Going to Put This Thread In My rear end thread on somethingawful.com

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLvRUvSSS2s

Morde is beyond broken lol

Minions are not in the shadow realm but towers still are, unknown about Baron/Dragon

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
that's going to be another unbalanceable character huh

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
The ult range seems pretty high (like 800?) for the value it can provide. It seems like it’s a targeted spell as well

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

that's going to be another unbalanceable character huh

cant wait to never see that in pro games

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Firebert posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLvRUvSSS2s

Morde is beyond broken lol

Minions are not in the shadow realm but towers still are, unknown about Baron/Dragon

This is everything Poppy could have been and I love it. :swoon:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
idea for a new melee champion. no i dont care what he does but his attack range is 450

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

idea for a new melee champion. no i dont care what he does but his attack range is 450

melee champion with 700 attack range who just has a really long sword

strong bird
May 12, 2009

the range advantage afforded by utilizing a spear is widely underrepresented in video games.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

It looks like in the clips people can walk out of the death realm ring when he tags them in? It's supposed to last for 7 seconds, but there's a kill on Malzahar at 5:50ish where it looks like Malz walks out at the last moment, then gets hit by the Q.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

It looks like in the clips people can walk out of the death realm ring when he tags them in? It's supposed to last for 7 seconds, but there's a kill on Malzahar at 5:50ish where it looks like Malz walks out at the last moment, then gets hit by the Q.

it looks like malz hid in the brush

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Cant wait to try out new Mordekaiser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcR1_McnJbU

His ultimate is absolutely badass.

Anyways, tilted my way from silver 2 down to Bronze 2 and reached silver 1 again now. Still wanna play Volibear jungle and see how far I can take him into gold. But looking for some more variety and a backup champion as I do not like to dodge games. So far my thoughts have been:

-Rek Sai
-Kindred
-Ivern
-Kayn
-Fiddlesticks (apparently counters Nunu quite hard)

I really wanna learn how to do invades. The exception is Ivern of course, the only reason I am not going for him straight away is that I am afraid that carrying games will be very hard until I reach platinum. Gold players are probably a lot more disciplined than silver players, but probably not enough to make it an easy way to climb. If any gold players can shed a light on that it would be awesome.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
When I only played Ivern, gold elo games were comically easy to carry because you just run around without ever dying

Edit: if you really wanna just play voli I don’t think you need a dedicated backup champ, that guy is picked like 1/100 games

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

He has a 3 percent pick rate and 1 percent banrate. So yes I get him most games. In fact, most of the time I don't get him is when my allies ban him... Anyways, as said, mostly for variety. Volibear is not engaging to play all the time.

EDIT:

Some part of me wants to try out Nidalee as she is completely different from Volibear.

Midig fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 29, 2019

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

it looks like malz hid in the brush

oh, couldn't quite tell it from the video

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

pog boyfriend posted:

melee champion with 700 attack range who just has is a really long sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Midig posted:

Cant wait to try out new Mordekaiser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcR1_McnJbU

His ultimate is absolutely badass.

Anyways, tilted my way from silver 2 down to Bronze 2 and reached silver 1 again now. Still wanna play Volibear jungle and see how far I can take him into gold. But looking for some more variety and a backup champion as I do not like to dodge games. So far my thoughts have been:

-Rek Sai
-Kindred
-Ivern
-Kayn
-Fiddlesticks (apparently counters Nunu quite hard)

I really wanna learn how to do invades. The exception is Ivern of course, the only reason I am not going for him straight away is that I am afraid that carrying games will be very hard until I reach platinum. Gold players are probably a lot more disciplined than silver players, but probably not enough to make it an easy way to climb. If any gold players can shed a light on that it would be awesome.
play udyr. a good udyr will improve your core jungling a lot.