Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Waffleman_ posted:

Y'all think Mia and Lana went to Themis?

I think it's implied that every lawyer in Japanifornia went to Themis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Except Phoenix, who went to college for art.

And Edgeworth and Franziska studied in ~Germany~

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Athena is also alumnus of European Lawyer School. I think Klavier is too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wasn't Klavier from Themis and that's why he did the thing where he played the song?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Wasn't Klavier from Themis and that's why he did the thing where he played the song?

I'm not sure what you're referencing but Themis wasn't introduced until DD and I don't believe they made any reference to him being an alumnus.

E: Nope now it is I who should look things up before I post, he did study at Themis but also abroad.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Klavier said that Constance Courte was his mentor.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’ve since had my first kid since SoJ so I’m guessing I just don’t have patience right now or something is different presentation wise that just isn’t working for me. I can’t get into DGS at all right now 😔

Gonna try again since y’all say it’s good though but man. The first case was fine, the second bored me.

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013
The second case is different from the rest of the cases since there's no trial but there's something else that's really cool, it takes a little while to get to. I will also say, the third case is where the game steps up.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Finished watching AAI2-3, and it's surprising how weak the case is considering it involves Gregory Edgeworth, who is otherwise super strong.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

busysignal posted:

The second case is different from the rest of the cases since there's no trial but there's something else that's really cool, it takes a little while to get to. I will also say, the third case is where the game steps up.

Just finished DGS case 3. I really enjoyed it!

Especially after how much of a downer case 2 was (sometimes your BFF just get murdered by accident.). Personally I was eh on the great deduction mechanic (I would have liked it a lot more if they didn't signpost the This Is Wrong Alert on the first go through so you could try and find it yourself) Susato is a bright point though, she's great.

On case 3, I really liked how the jurors swapped constantly (gently caress YOU GRANDMA) and how they foreshadow mr. megundal forging the evidence with stuff like Gina playing with the same style of coin etc. Have to say I was very not expecting peppy tiny inventor at the end there, haha. I started case 4 and thats one hell of a hook though, very excited to play more later

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

aieeeee SoJ case 5 trial 1 oh my god the cave adventure Dhurke is such a good dad and i feel so bad for apollo but OH MY GOD we're up against wright who for a moment gets hobonick shades with his front-on portraits but at least becomes an instant doofus again in court

paul atishon is such a goober that i'm wondering if phoenix is being coerced again given maya's conspicuously absent. the animations with his plastic plaque is hilarious though

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The cave might be one of my favorite moments in the series.

It’s so weird, so different than most of the usual series and so heartwarming

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

SoJ case 5 trial 1 still i can't believe everyone died to a drone strike in court lol

civil cases are the most dangerous ones.........

armie and sarge are both great and yet the therapy section was really tragic and i sympathise :(

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Merilan posted:

aieeeee SoJ case 5 trial 1
paul atishon is such a goober that i'm wondering if phoenix is being coerced again given maya's conspicuously absent.

Well you're pretty sharp. For the record I was already hype for case 5 at this point, and trust me it's going to get crazy wild.

I really, really enjoyed case 5 and it made the slog through Nahuyta's assholiness in previous cases worth it for the events that unfold.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

Well you're pretty sharp. For the record I was already hype for case 5 at this point, and trust me it's going to get crazy wild.

I really, really enjoyed case 5 and it made the slog through Nahuyta's assholiness in previous cases worth it for the events that unfold.

Oh man things just got reeaal wild (case 5 day 2) i'm almost disappointed it actually WAS maya getting kidnapped like shelley de killer i thought there'd be a twist but that will probably segue her into being a witness aaaa

i'm wildly developing theories of inga going "heh i knocked you out then killed myself and set my death up to fool the seance just to own you dhurke!! checkmate!!!" being channeled by garan in the trial :allears: i can't wait!!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Merilan posted:

Oh man things just got reeaal wild (case 5 day 2) i'm almost disappointed it actually WAS maya getting kidnapped like shelley de killer i thought there'd be a twist but that will probably segue her into being a witness aaaa

Oh trust me, there's a lot of twists coming.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God I need to replay SoJ.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

ahahaha SoJ case 5 day 2 phoenix: 'i know you presented evidence left and right during your investigations.
edgeworth: 'who told you that'
phoenix: 'i have my "sources"'
edgeworth: 'well tell your sources they're in for a salary review'

:allears: gumshoe lives!!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Merilan posted:

ahahaha SoJ case 5 day 2 phoenix: 'i know you presented evidence left and right during your investigations.
edgeworth: 'who told you that'
phoenix: 'i have my "sources"'
edgeworth: 'well tell your sources they're in for a salary review'

:allears: gumshoe lives!!

joke's on you edgeworth kay doesn't have a salary

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

The White Dragon posted:

joke's on you edgeworth kay doesn't have a salary

fool! a great thief makes her own salary!!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I'm pretty sure you're the only person in the thread playing SoJ right now, so especially fluff like that really doesn't need any tagging

But I guess there's no real harm either. I dunno, extraneous spoiler tags just bother me.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Amppelix posted:

I'm pretty sure you're the only person in the thread playing SoJ right now, so especially fluff like that really doesn't need any tagging

But I guess there's no real harm either. I dunno, extraneous spoiler tags just bother me.

ah sorry about that, I'm just being extra-cautious in case someone else new does peek in. i'll try to amend it to just the big case impressions

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I think it's fine to go on tagging the spoilers.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hey what are these download codes that come with DGS2?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

You're not supposed to talk about those, they let you access the secret third game

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

AAAA AAAAAA (case 5 trial 2) THAT JRPG FINAL BOSS TRANSFORMATION

i'm really on the rollercoaster ride now. inga's note reminded me of something in another vn mystery game where one of the villains couldn't detect faces (prosopagnosia?) but i'm not sure yet if it's going that way. pretty sure nayna's going to be the queen amara but i'm not convinced it's that cut and dry

also god poor rayfa :(

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Please never stop posting your impressions. I’m replaying SoJ vicariously through you!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Merilan posted:

i'm really on the rollercoaster ride now. inga's note reminded me of something in another vn mystery game where one of the villains couldn't detect faces (prosopagnosia?) but i'm not sure yet if it's going that way. pretty sure nayna's going to be the queen amara but i'm not convinced it's that cut and dry

It still gets crazier. And I, too, played 999.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Merilan posted:

ah sorry about that, I'm just being extra-cautious in case someone else new does peek in. i'll try to amend it to just the big case impressions

I haven't finished it yet so I really appreciate the spoiler tags, thank you :)

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

We're going through this game together and I think it's safe to say our two favourite characters are Rayfa and...

... Datz.

He's SO GOOD

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Luceid posted:

We're going through this game together and I think it's safe to say our two favourite characters are Rayfa and...

... Datz.

He's SO GOOD

I have it on good word that he's horrible, actually.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh poo poo it's Datz Boi

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It was only looking it up that I realised his name is meant to be pronounced "Datz a Rebel" and not "Datz 'orrible" but in my defence he laughs like a meanie.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Merilan posted:

Yeah i lost my mind at that first part, too :allears:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Nayna's testimony was pretty great, I Ain't No Spirit Medium, Sonny

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

double AAAAAAAA (case 5 trial 2) I genuinely wasn't expecting them to go the prosopagnoia route with Inga but that seance where the faceless Dhurke is standing next to the Holy Mother is such a tweeeeest. Nayna's testimony is great and I wish we had more of her cause having a granny berate Apollo was great

also lmao at maya going 'i whined like a brat until he gave me a tv and burgers' during her kidnapping

I also wasn't expecting Amara to basically be The True Final JRPG Boss, she basically could helm an SMT game i'll have to see where it goes!!

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

-triple- AAAAAAA!! (still case 5 trial 2) oh my god that entire segment building up to apollo realising dhurke was dead all along had me in tears. it was done so well and the build-up was heartbreaking as he keeps hoping that he's wrong and he isn't :( :( :(

i definitely foresaw that it's not the end because the whole topic with apollo's dad hasn't come up yet and i'm pretty sure we'll discuss the case of 23 years ago and finally see his seance from where this heading aaa, aaaa, aaaaaa but this twist!! amara :(

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

now you're understanding how Apollo became the most popular character in the series with just one game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's truly impressive how much they did with him really in just one case. His relationship with Dhurke was really only explored in 6-5 but they built it up so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Case 6-5 has some weird plotholes but it did a ton for Apollo