Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

i didnt have the mortal blade when i did that fight and thought for sure he would be alive again when i came back

:hai: same. good gamer instincts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've beaten most bosses on the 2nd or 3rd try, even this one. Not trying to sound badass even tho I do, but once this game clicked for me it really clicked more than any other From game. I feel like I'm actually getting better at this game the more I play it while never losing my interest/getting boring.. that's a true rarity in gaming that I cherish.
same. It's not "easy" but once I got it I feel like much more of a master than I ever did in the other games. it's a godly feeling... I feel like on NG+ all my boss battles will look like true cinematic duels

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i was struggling with it for most of my first playthrough ... 1500+ hrs of bloodborne are hard to unlearn

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i was struggling with it for most of my first playthrough ... 1500+ hrs of bloodborne are hard to unlearn

repeatedly trying to iframe dodge through attacks and getting obliterated for the first half of the game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I couldn't play much around release so I was stuck on Lady Butterfly for like 2-3 weeks. She will likely hold the highest body count for me

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Wait til the last couple bosses

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
actually thinking about it I probably died to orphan of kos way more times than DoH and sword saint

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Oh Long Johnson posted:

actually thinking about it I probably died to orphan of kos way more times than DoH and sword saint

ook will always be The Souls Boss to me

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ludwig was definitely the most soul-crushing souls boss for me in that he actually made me put down the game for like a month before I was able to return and beat him, but highest bodycount was ook followed closely by owldad

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
defiled chalice watchdog here

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Oh Long Johnson posted:

repeatedly trying to iframe dodge through attacks and getting obliterated for the first half of the game

this .. the worst part is u can theoretically do it too

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

defiled chalice watchdog here

i probly had the world record for the fastest kill of that before the dlc came out, 1:50 or something. some guy has a 1:20 kill now but i havent watched it. that thing is like an ant compared to me

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the frost lady from the first DS3 DLC probably killed me more than anything else ever

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I couldn't play much around release so I was stuck on Lady Butterfly for like 2-3 weeks. She will likely hold the highest body count for me

if you hold the sprint button and stay mid distance from her basically all her attacks whiff and leave her wide open for a lunging r1 or a combat art .. thats how i got past her and probly how ill always fight her, i already 0 hit her on my 2nd run i just started. i still think my way is going to be the future meta for a lot of bosses. genichiro/tomoe cannot do a thing to you if u play it that way too

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

if you hold the sprint button and stay mid distance from her basically all her attacks whiff and leave her wide open for a lunging r1 or a combat art .. thats how i got past her and probly how ill always fight her, i already 0 hit her on my 2nd run i just started. i still think my way is going to be the future meta for a lot of bosses. genichiro/tomoe cannot do a thing to you if u play it that way too

u can also beat lady butterfly with the classic bloodstarved beast method of dodging left, attacking, and repeating

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

u can also beat lady butterfly with the classic bloodstarved beast method of dodging left, attacking, and repeating

u dont need the dodge button to beat the bsb .. i have proof

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

u dont need the dodge button to beat the bsb .. i have proof

right.....walking forward and left, i mean.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
try walking in circles around the enemies if youre having trouble op

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've beaten most bosses on the 2nd or 3rd try, even this one. Not trying to sound badass even tho I do, but once this game clicked for me it really clicked more than any other From game. I feel like I'm actually getting better at this game the more I play it while never losing my interest/getting boring.. that's a true rarity in gaming that I cherish.

handing over kuro's charm on ng+ makes it difficult again. i'm enjoying getting the parry timings absolutely right to avoid chip damage

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
confirmed sprint + thrust or combat art is pwnage tech ... 2x guardian ape first try, o rin goes down ez like that too .. though obviosuly some bosses like the centipede and minibosses like the one before genchiro u must deflect. im also learning to iframe through attacks .. im becoming ... fuking leet.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
i finally beat guardian ape then double ape in 1 shot then beat orin with what appeared to be a cheese (basically blocked all of her attacks without full deflect and then just used ichimonji double to regain posture) and now im settling in for owl

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

swimsuit posted:

i finally beat guardian ape then double ape in 1 shot then beat orin with what appeared to be a cheese (basically blocked all of her attacks without full deflect and then just used ichimonji double to regain posture) and now im settling in for owl

dont think there really is much true cheese in this game. ending spoilers emma and the corrupted monk (illusion style) have one but thats it. oh and butterfly can do the shadows of yarnham dodge loop in her firsst phase.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

swimsuit posted:

i too cheese the poo poo out of the game by using its basic mechanics as intended

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i definitely cheesed both snake eyes on my first playthrough. you can use the geometry to get one stuck and the other you can kite into the poison pool

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I fought with honor

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Orin has the longest windup to her perilous attack. Use it to goomba stomp her head for massive posture damage

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Just want to reiterate again that I one shotted her and also that I went to a very prestigious university for university.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i had a little trouble with her ... but ill leave everyone behind by the time i have the plat. the sky is the limit for this particular loving insane souls otaku

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Owl 2 dead in the ground.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ok i was really loving bad at this game on release so i took like a month off and just picked it back up last night and whoooo its fun now.

Perfecting the corrupted monk and doing the guardian ape stuff was a blast.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Owl 2 dead in the ground.

One of the hardest bosses fights i nthe game imo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

spb posted:

One of the hardest bosses fights i nthe game imo

duno .. i had the most problems with the first shura ending boss for some raisin. te demon of hatred was pretty hard too but its just a big bloodborne boss really.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
What on earth are the dlc bosses going to be like. the demon of hatred was already some orphan of kos tier poo poo.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

duno .. i had the most problems with the first shura ending boss for some raisin. te demon of hatred was pretty hard too but its just a big bloodborne boss really.

yea for me top 3hardest were probably sword saint, demon of hatred, owl 2/corrupt monk

I.N.R.I posted:

What on earth are the dlc bosses going to be like. the demon of hatred was already some orphan of kos tier poo poo.

Have they announced it yet? It sold so well, I figured it would be announced. Maybe they're not going to do any

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they definitely planned the old hunters alongside bloodborne and probly even started working on it before they released the normal game so i think so

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I said this a few other times but I really sincerely hope there's DLC that lets you replay the main campaign as different characters/styles, like a madame butterfly or genichiro style playthrough

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Owl 2 kicked my rear end so many times before beating his first phase I thought he was going to be the hardest souls boss of all time, but his second phase is basically the same so it ended up being just the hardest boss of this game

spb posted:

Have they announced it yet? It sold so well, I figured it would be announced. Maybe they're not going to do any

If we don’t fight tomoe I will eat my ds4 controller

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

all of tomoe's attacks will have electricity, it'll be epic

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Owl 2 kicked my rear end so many times before beating his first phase I thought he was going to be the hardest souls boss of all time, but his second phase is basically the same so it ended up being just the hardest boss of this game

I got owl 2 phase 1 on LOCK except for his stupid firecrackers which always catch me in this perfect position where i’m too close to run backwards or to the side and too far back to run forward. (or i’m hosed against a pillar and that narrows my options too)

it’s the only attack i can’t consistently survive, punish, or react to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Imagine if we could play as Tomoe

I could also see playing as orangutang - he used the shinobi prosthetic as well, after all