Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Blackchamber posted:

I'm not seeing it. It does look like you are trying to make a nest of gunpla you can roost on like Smaug's pile of gold.

Also what chair is that?

it's a wobble stool I got from Staples or Office Depot. I wanted something that I could move around in without lifting up the chair and crushing any parts that fell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

everythingWasBees posted:

I've made a mistake

Are you assembling a PG tent made from runners?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

it's a wobble stool I got from Staples or Office Depot. I wanted something that I could move around in without lifting up the chair and crushing any parts that fell

yeah, thats a good idea. I was thinking something similar with regards to cats who like to lay next to my current chair's wheels.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
https://twitter.com/mrmattjay/status/1132361466231762944?s=21

Built my good Gouf boy yesterday and went out today to pick up Char’s Origin Zaku https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXGOIMW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FwE6Cb5YA2PG4

Went to a cool little toy store in Chinatown in LA. The guy there clearly knew his poo poo and told me he really liked this one. Gonna start building it on stream later.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Unmature posted:

https://twitter.com/mrmattjay/status/1132361466231762944?s=21

Built my good Gouf boy yesterday and went out today to pick up Char’s Origin Zaku https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXGOIMW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_FwE6Cb5YA2PG4

Went to a cool little toy store in Chinatown in LA. The guy there clearly knew his poo poo and told me he really liked this one. Gonna start building it on stream later.

Good pick, that one is a really nice build. I think I know the shop you went to and it has a pretty good selection.

If you really like this and can make it to Fullerton on a weekend try getting hooked into Clem’s build gatherings, you’ll meet a lot of great builders and pick up some terrific knowledge.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
https://twitter.com/muffinlordSA/status/1132416687985311745?s=19

I won a significant amount of loose cash in a charity raffle at work this week so I decided to convert paper money into plastic model.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Origin Zakus are hands down some of the best Zaku kits ever made. The MG 2.0 Zaku and the RG Zaku are also excellent, but the RG Zaku is an early RG so it has some fiddly bits.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

The Muffinlord posted:

https://twitter.com/muffinlordSA/status/1132416687985311745?s=19

I won a significant amount of loose cash in a charity raffle at work this week so I decided to convert paper money into plastic model.

Have fun with that seven sword, if it's anything like the PG Exia it will be a great build.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
It will definitely be a huge contrast with my PG Zeta, and hopefully a great display piece with a little panel lining. I can't wait to get started and not finish it for six months.

Edit: I cleaned a little backlog today as well. I've been poking at this kit for months between other things:
https://twitter.com/muffinlordArt/status/1132746146022088706?s=19

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Are all the Origin kits as fuckin badass as the Char Zaku?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Unmature posted:

Are all the Origin kits as fuckin badass as the Char Zaku?

Most of them. Some of the MSD Origin variants aren't as good, though. They haven't made a 1/144 scale RX-78-2 yet but the RX-78-1 they did release was kind of mediocre and way overpriced. The zeon kits all tend to be top notch. The Waff is neat and the Bugu has a cool auto rotating mono eye gimmick you usually only see in real grades and master grades.

I'm still waiting for an Origin version of the Dom. It's been years since the Dom Test Type came out.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Definitely didn't just pick up four Gundam base exclusives (HG Byarlant Clear, RG Sinanju Metallic Gloss, RG Unicorn Destroy Lighting, MG Aile Strike Clear), the P Bandai MG Altron and a cheap MG Destiny Full Burst Mode while in Japan. And definitely don't need to buy another suitcase to get it all home...

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 27, 2019

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Puddin posted:

Have fun with that seven sword, if it's anything like the PG Exia it will be a great build.

The exia's a marked improvement on the 00. The exia was made like 8 years after the 00. Not that the pg 00 is a terrible kit mind you, just has some flaws.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Finally, with the release of Grendizer I can complete the trilogy

Unmature
May 9, 2008
How are the Kotobukiya EVA kits?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Really good, better than the Bandai ones (which are OK) more inline with the proportions of the anime.

The first one is an old Bandai kit based off a ps2 game, the second one is the Godzilla x Evangelion one. That one is sick.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 28, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Gdb42Gh/status/1131766775786270720

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

oh no maganac please don't pretend to be the most domestically abused gundam ever

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Winganac

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Should I put the decals on my Origin Char Zaku or will I someday want to paint it and regret that

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Unmature posted:

Should I put the decals on my Origin Char Zaku or will I someday want to paint it and regret that

Decal it. How likely do you think it is that you’re going to paint an existing complete model rather than paint a thing you’re building new? I used to think that but I got real.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
I previously had a sticker on a piece but removed it to paint it and the sticker left behind that awful adhesive gunk. I tried using dish soap but that didnt work too well. i would try rubbing alcohol next but am afraid that may damage the plastic. any recommendations?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Alcohol is fine. It's once you start getting into the enamel and lacquer thinners that you have to be careful.

Windex should work well also.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Just got my freakin surgical grade scalpel blades in the mail because of you maniacs. I'm afraid to open them.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Kuvo posted:

I previously had a sticker on a piece but removed it to paint it and the sticker left behind that awful adhesive gunk. I tried using dish soap but that didnt work too well. i would try rubbing alcohol next but am afraid that may damage the plastic. any recommendations?

As someone already said, try alcohol or goo gone or anything short of an organic solvent like acetone, which will melt your plastic.
Also before painting or priming, please sand. The finger oil from just touching plastic does make a difference as to future paint adhesiveness.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Puddin posted:

Alcohol is fine. It's once you start getting into the enamel and lacquer thinners that you have to be careful.

Windex should work well also.

Forgot what thread this was when I started reading this. :eyepop:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

RillAkBea posted:

Forgot what thread this was when I started reading this. :eyepop:

I apply all my rules from Gunpla into the rest of my life.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Unmature posted:

Just got my freakin surgical grade scalpel blades in the mail because of you maniacs. I'm afraid to open them.

Just exercise caution putting them on and taking them off. Use pliers, a hemostat, anything but your fingers. You shouldn't need to use force - they should slide on and clip into place, and unclip easily.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Yeah ime scalpels don't even hurt when you cut yourself so you gotta dial up your other protective senses while handling them

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

So I'm adoring the RG Sazabi. What other RGs are decent? I know a lot of them are flimsy fucks that fall apart if you look at them funny.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

So I'm adoring the RG Sazabi. What other RGs are decent? I know a lot of them are flimsy fucks that fall apart if you look at them funny.

Most of them are really good. The only "bad" ones are the Zeta, the Sinanju, and the GP-01.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

MJP posted:

Just exercise caution putting them on and taking them off. Use pliers, a hemostat, anything but your fingers. You shouldn't need to use force - they should slide on and clip into place, and unclip easily.

They're individually wrapped in foil so you just slip the handle in and they pop on

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Gripweed posted:

Most of them are really good. The only "bad" ones are the Zeta, the Sinanju, and the GP-01.

Eh, the GP-01 was my first RG and I'd say each half of it is good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do with the GP-01 what i did with the Full Burnern variant and just glue the torso section together. I barely ever pulled out the Core Block for display and the extra sturdiness is worth it.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
I've been eyeing the RG Sazabi for a while, but I keep telling myself that I'm gonna get the MG Ka version some day. Other than Zakus, I don't really buy different types of the same kit. Is there anything the RG does better than the Ka?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Moai Ou posted:

I've been eyeing the RG Sazabi for a while, but I keep telling myself that I'm gonna get the MG Ka version some day. Other than Zakus, I don't really buy different types of the same kit. Is there anything the RG does better than the Ka?

Articulation is much better on the little guy. So that's one thing.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Also "little guy" when the thing's bigger than some MGs.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Unmature posted:

Gunpla/Plamo Thread Mk.IV: Just got my freakin surgical grade scalpel blades in the mail

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

yeah i can't wait for my RG nu to stand head to head with my MG wings, that's something that really bends my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
It's like the MG f91 2.0.

Its barely bigger than a HG.