Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

here we gooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

I just reinstalled this game, and if there is room I applied to Doctor Goons as Iceman2343.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its going to be very difficult for me to play this game after this update without humming a certain 90s jingle.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Iceman2343 posted:

I just reinstalled this game, and if there is room I applied to Doctor Goons as Iceman2343.

Fitting name! Added.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah I’m returning to the game. Gay Bobby and Jubilee are extremely my poo poo. Gonna sub up too so I don’t backtrack.

Game on for sure. I need to update the OP big time.

This game is massive.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I’m honestly stunned by how quickly they ship so much content. It must still be making a ton of money.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It’s the most robust phone game out there in my opinion. There’s literally too much to do at this point lol

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

They need to throw in like 12 more mutants this patch. I'm close to having every char at 6*, just green goblin and bullseye to go. Of course my t2 backlog will still take years as is.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
if Jubilee isn't a vampire what even is the point

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It’s the most robust phone game out there in my opinion. There’s literally too much to do at this point lol

Speaking of which, the OP is woefully out of date at this point. I'm way too lazy to do a write up but linking one of the ones from Reddit is probably a decent idea.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah, my lineup would’ve been better/cheaper with a more up-to-date OP :/

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I can update the OP. I need to anyway. Ok let me find some time to do this. Come to the discord by the way if you aren’t there, we have a channel for this game and we talk a ton in it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

is the latest new player cheat sheet i think

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Switching between the Hawkguy icons seems confusing

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

all the ones under uniforms are the icon of the uniform you want

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I don't see the logic on that graph of using a 6-star selector on Human Torch instead of Sharon, especially since he's easily farmable and she has one of the recommended costumes.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
You can get six star Sharog from that new Shield mission thing, I believe.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And I wouldn't call Torch "easily farmable". He is once you're at that stage of the Epic Quest and have energy to burn, but for a new player that's going to be a really, really long time away.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Ah! Both of those points make sense. Gracias!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

punchymcpunch posted:

is the latest new player cheat sheet i think

I think I need a more detailed guide, because I’m not very smart. I don’t think I’m getting all the selectors listed, but I got other ones (a mastery 6 I used on Iron Hammer :shrug:), and I’m not sure how I should be investing in gear/skills/iso/cards/thereisreallyalotgoingonhere. None of my selectors seem to let me get Ghost Panther, who I think is day 2 in the picture above.

I’m working my way through the story via shield missions now and Sharon is trivially butchering everything, but presumably that will stop at some point (I’m at 10-5 or so).

It’s fun, and I like that there’s more going on than in MSF, but I am confused and worried I’m going to make some really expensive error.

I have some bio selectors I need to deploy, and to gear up for the legendary events to unlock the freebie characters, but other than that...

E: yeah, and after some close hair style analysis it looks like day 3 is Valkyrie, but I also can’t get her with anything but a monthly deal. Oh, am I supposed to buy the deal? Huh!

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 26, 2019

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

I think I need a more detailed guide, because I’m not very smart. I don’t think I’m getting all the selectors listed, but I got other ones (a mastery 6 I used on Iron Hammer :shrug:), and I’m not sure how I should be investing in gear/skills/iso/cards/thereisreallyalotgoingonhere

I’m working my way through the story via shield missions now and Sharon is trivially butchering everything, but presumably that will stop at some point (I’m at 10-5 or so).

It’s fun, and I like that there’s more going on than in MSF, but I am confused and worried I’m going to make some really expensive error.

I have some bio selectors I need to deploy, and to gear up for the legendary events to unlock the freebie characters, but other than that...

you just use the selector on whoevers face is next to it. the really important ones are the day 1, 2, 3, and 7 ones cos you grab characters who are normally paywalled. everyone else can be ground up to max level without spending any money so dont be afraid of making a mistake.

legendary battles let you jump right in with a max level character so you dont need to gear anyone up, you can just do em

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

oh heres the slightly updated one

and heres the reddit thread where the author explains it a bit more

https://www.reddit.com/comments/bpcubt/

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

punchymcpunch posted:

you just use the selector on whoevers face is next to it. the really important ones are the day 1, 2, 3, and 7 ones cos you grab characters who are normally paywalled. everyone else can be ground up to max level without spending any money so dont be afraid of making a mistake.

legendary battles let you jump right in with a max level character so you dont need to gear anyone up, you can just do em

Yeah I screwed something up because I didn’t get days 2 or 3 somehow. My new 7-day check-in only has selectors on days 1 (blue) and 7 (red).

I had a hard time with the endgame legendary until I beefed up Cap A, but maybe I’m just not using his powers well. (I’m definitely not using his powers well.)

E:^^^ thank you, I’ll try with that!

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

I’m not sure how I should be investing in gear/skills/iso/cards/thereisreallyalotgoingonhere..

Cards and the skill option on your 4th gear should be focused on skill cooldown, ignore defense, and critical damage, in that order mostly. For iso sets, it's best to stick with attack sets (Power of Angry Hulk, Overdrive, and Hawk's Eye). I don't know what other people do, but I'll also take a Drastic Density Enhancement set if I roll it. The rest of the sets are inferior.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/marvel_ffightus/status/1132843869651947520?s=12

Taking a long, long break served me well. I’m very energized by this update and returning to the game. I get such a major marvel fix with this, Strike Force (love it) and Ultimate Alliance 3 (a day one purchase).

It’s a great time to be a Marvel fan.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

https://twitter.com/marvel_ffightus/status/1132843869651947520?s=12

Taking a long, long break served me well. I’m very energized by this update and returning to the game. I get such a major marvel fix with this, Strike Force (love it) and Ultimate Alliance 3 (a day one purchase).

Is strike force actually worth getting into? This game already eats a bunch of time for me

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I get such a major marvel fix with this, Strike Force (love it) and Ultimate Alliance 3 (a day one purchase).

Hell this game is tempting to drop $60 on Amazon for a code for UA 1&2 since it’s the only way to get the games for PSN after they were removed from the store a year ago.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Cerepol posted:

Is strike force actually worth getting into? This game already eats a bunch of time for me

Yes. You should play both. Here’s how it works:

1) This has more content. It’ll eat more of your time.

2) Strike Force is much more “casual” by comparison to this. My typical login session as of right now to a game like Strike Force goes:

A) Log in at midnight CT for the daily refresh, knock out my dailies in 30 minutes total. Throw some raids in there to help the goon family, check my roster. It’s done at 30-35 minutes tops.

B) Log on twice more until 6PM CT just to see the supply refreshes and get my free energy and spend it on some mats or chars.

C) 7PM CT, I check the inbox as usually the devs send us some new updates, some rewards, etc. they’re available for 29 days anyway but I’m locked in and want to see what’s up.

D) 9PM CT, do my last energy recharge and during all those log in times, I just check and see if I can spend any energy or blitz time anywhere depending on how I feel.

Overall, for me personally, I would say I put 60-90 minutes in a day. If I miss some stuff here or there, it’s whatever.

Future Fight, as a returning player, has a ton for me to do as I took about a year off.

1) Do my dailies, autoplay everything. Eat, pray, love. 30 minutes for sure.

2) Do more stuff like my Shadowlands, World Bosses, everything else I’ve missed out on, at least 60 minutes a day.

3) Keep logging on a lot because I still have more to do, let’s say 60 minutes and I’m spent.

4) Relearn half this stuff because I’m getting reacquainted again: 15-30 minutes just browsing stuff (just for now).

2 1/2-3 hours and that’s a great way for me to spend my game time.

Overall, I spend a lot of time on my phone. I could write out more specific crap for Future Fight on my logins but I logged on a lot even when I took time away from Future Fight so I don’t need energy refreshes or clear tickets. I’m sitting on 20,000 energy and over 30,000 clear tickets. I’m good.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Hell this game is tempting to drop $60 on Amazon for a code for UA 1&2 since it’s the only way to get the games for PSN after they were removed from the store a year ago.

That’s so stupid they were removed...

Yeah I bought them day one on PC. They’re nostalgic for me.

gently caress man, I would drop the $60 if I knew they would carry over to my PS5 one day.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Only reason I haven’t is that they were removed shortly before UA3 was announced for Switch so I’m waiting to see if they get ported over as some sort of synergy tie in or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't have room in my life (or on my phone) for another daily tasks game.

I do kind of want to play Ultimate Alliance again. I have a PS3 so that probably means no UA3 for me. I should go plug in my PS2 and fire up UA.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

And now the update video has leaked. Quick peek at Jean and Storm's costumes as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/bto93c/v510_update_video/

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Is there some way to get Nick Fury and some of the other characters in that new player cheetsheet other than paying for them? All the free Biometric selectors I get don't let me pick a lot of those guys

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Is there some way to get Nick Fury and some of the other characters in that new player cheetsheet other than paying for them? All the free Biometric selectors I get don't let me pick a lot of those guys

Yeah, some can be bought with crystals. Nick Fury in particular can be bought for 2500 crystals from the legendary battle.

Other than that you're kinda outta luck unless they gift is another premium selector

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How are the black order(or Odin to speak of it) as characters to focus on? I’ve played enough to unlock them so I could either channel some anti-matter into ranking one or two up or focusing on epic quests.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

DarkAvenger211 posted:

when you do shield academy you get a few days of free biosub which you can use to unlock a paywalled character

heres a more verbose new player guide https://www.reddit.com/r/future_fight/comments/ayhkbk/beginners_guide_for_farming_and_resources/

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

How are the black order(or Odin to speak of it) as characters to focus on? I’ve played enough to unlock them so I could either channel some anti-matter into ranking one or two up or focusing on epic quests.

All the black order, Dormamu, Odin, and apocalypse have fallen out of the meta. The BO in particular need their movie u informs to be good. Definitely focus on the epic quests, they’re all great. Dr strange, Wolvie, dp and mr fan are all great. And as for the epic unlockable chars, We’ll see tomorrow w the new patch if Jean is top of the meta again.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Once a month you get a Premium Character box. That gives you a character from 3 to 6 stars. Its random but it can be any character including a Bio Sub character. I got Nick Fury bios from one.

You can also get them from the Special Mission packs in the Special Missions.

As I said, it's a chance. Its random who you get (it's often like 128 Moo Knight bios) and it's more likely to be a free character than a bio sub one.

planedriver
Jun 2, 2013
5.1.0 Notes!

- Iceman is 2500 crystals in store
- Jubilee is 20 X-genes daily
- Bishop is in a new dimension rift (comic card has a fixed +Atk and +Dodge)

- T3 Jean with 2500 crystal uni
- Uniforms for Beast, Psylocke, Storm (1050 crystals)

- Shadowland first clear rewards from 30 onwards (105 is a mega T2 and 130 is a CTP selector lol)

And a bunch of QoL changes.

http://forum.netmarble.com/futurefight_en/view/2196/1522388

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Those Shadowlands rewards are great for my motivation. I hope I get lucky with Jeans realize potential.