Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Justin_Brett posted:

And now you need a phone to go to the next Blizzcon.

Hahahaha, gently caress I never made that connection. That is beyond petty :allears:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I can't imagine how terrible that'd run and look.

Would be cool if they just did a different art style that’s more suited to the hardware but I doubt they’d go that far.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Speaking of, I don't own a ps4 or a Windows pc and probably never will, is ff xv pocket edition worth even looking at?

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
I picked up A Robot Named Fight a few days ago and it's really good. Most of the roguelite metroidvania nonsense games I've played tend to just ignore the metroid side of things, which is why I'm happy Fight places an emphasis on finding traversal upgrades and unlocking new parts of the map.

It's on sale right now and I'd definitely recommend picking it up.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Speaking of, I don't own a ps4 or a Windows pc and probably never will, is ff xv pocket edition worth even looking at?

Not really, no. I mean it is the plot of XV in slightly more comprehensible form but its not 20 dollars good.

Especially in a world where XV will absolutely be a combination of backwards compatible/enhanved on PS5, Xbox (u)

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Beastie posted:

And my Jethro Tull approved Thick as a Brick charger can charge the thing while playing Dragons Dogma.

I was scrolling past posts rather quickly to catch up with the thread and this one caught my eye. Good album, good game.

Turns out you should not fight the dragon at level 46 on hard mode.

Fortunately you can go to the expansion area by then, and it seems much more well-designed anyway.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lapis x laporte

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

The latest Nintendo News post about zoom mode is such a loving tease :arghfist:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now that I've heard this all of you have to as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foS1bG8p2K0

Golgo13
Jul 27, 2018

A Ring-a-Ding-Ding!

It's a healthy addiction... :sludgepal:

Lodin posted:

Now that I've heard this all of you have to as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foS1bG8p2K0

You can rest easy now safe in the knowledge that you have heard the pinnacle of entertainment produced by mankind.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I can't imagine how terrible that'd run and look.

In my experience Witcher 3 is really, really well optimized (at least on PC, my laptop ran it at a solid 60fps, 1080p with decent bells and whistles on at the time) for how great it looks so I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to squeeze a decent looking port out.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
I know lapis labyrinth is getting a collector's edition but is there going to be a non collectors physical? I don't need art book and I don't even own a CD player.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pakistani politics posted:

I know lapis labyrinth is getting a collector's edition but is there going to be a non collectors physical? I don't need art book and I don't even own a CD player.

Windows Media Player will happily turn a music CD into MP3's for you.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Look at you with your fancy cd drive. I disconnected mine because I wanted more hard drive space

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1133322365654511616

:pray:

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah I don't have a computer either. I had a Chromebook but it broke last week. :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Len posted:

Look at you with your fancy cd drive. I disconnected mine because I wanted more hard drive space

Pakistani politics posted:

Yeah I don't have a computer either. I had a Chromebook but it broke last week. :(

A slim USB-connected DVD drive is a fantastic thing to own for the odd occasion when you have to use physical media, especially when they're literally the size of CD cases now.

And I frankly still can't process that they're that small now and still full DVD-burner-speed-capable. :corsair:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I know it's apparently a bad port but Saints Row is still fun/playable, at least? Got it as a birthday present.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Sudden Javelin posted:

I know it's apparently a bad port but Saints Row is still fun/playable, at least? Got it as a birthday present.

IMO yes.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Dropbear posted:

In my experience Witcher 3 is really, really well optimized (at least on PC, my laptop ran it at a solid 60fps, 1080p with decent bells and whistles on at the time) for how great it looks so I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to squeeze a decent looking port out.

It can go pretty far down if you're willing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrJ330NGjCU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1133365038314590210

quote:

Nintendo’s reasoning is that, with global leaderboards, the matchmaking for competitive play would be compromised if you could play with friends. That limitation also extends to co-op play as well despite those not being leaderboard driven.

:thunk:

I mean I'm lucky (I guess) in that I didn't have any plans to play multiplayer anyway, I much more enjoy making stages and seeing people play them, but this is still real dumb

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

That makes no sense whatsoever.

I would also be really surprised if Witcher 3 was coming to switch considering it never came to Xbox 360 or ps3. I'd buy that thronebreaker spinoff if it came to switch though.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 28, 2019

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
God damnit, Nintendo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Macaluso posted:

I mean I'm lucky (I guess) in that I didn't have any plans to play multiplayer anyway, I much more enjoy making stages and seeing people play them, but this is still real dumb

For gently caress sake

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Amusing that their solution to the question "How do we prevent players colluding to exploit global leaderboards?" is to not let them play together at all, and not to just disable/have a separate leaderboard for friends.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

yikes this is a major downer

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I love how Nintendo always, always manages to keep shuffling one step forward and one step back with their Online-ness. :allears:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I highly doubt this will be a deal-breaker for anybody, but what the fuuuuuuck. They really don't understand the concept of a Friends List.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

that is extremely stupid nintendo

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Uh so if I make a level in MM2 they think me telling my friend how to beat it would give them a substantial edge over... the kind of person who takes MM2 leaderboards seriously?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Just don’t have any friends in the first place, problem solved!

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Also they're prioritizing the hardcore fans over more casual fans which seems out of character for Nintendo?

It strikes me as a strange decision given their history.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

https://twitter.com/vhsEvan/status/1133368775120687104?s=20

Pack it up, and go buy a Wii U, I guess.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Haha, yeah that sure is nintendo-dumb. Not really surprised, but a little disappointed.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Macaluso posted:

What in the

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
How does Nintendo anticipate randoms cooperating on co-op levels

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

less laughter posted:

Just don’t have any friends in the first place, problem solved!

That's my solution!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Preserving the integrity of competitive Mario play is a stupid excuse even for Nintendo

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Thank you Nintendo for caring so much about my spending habits, that you'll exclude the one thing that was gonna make me buy SMM2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I wonder what The Diablo 3 Leaderboards Goon thinks about this decision.