Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

ICHIBAHN posted:

Drop this attitude

Rich and it was an obvious joke.

A really good interview.

About a month ago Meltzer reported WWE is doing actual customer research for Smackdown on Fox that apparently will be listened to and acted on. Lots of in-person interviews with fans and focus groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

ICHIBAHN posted:

What's the connection between Garrett and Cody Meltz?

I mean that Garrett is good enough to host the show. Having Dave on there would cause them to get steamrolled while Garrett can keep the train moving and just bounce questions off them. Bryan would be fine but since Garrett actually goes over to Dave's house that seems like it would be more convenient.

I'd love a show where Cody just answered questions about what it's been like being Dave's son.

rovert posted:

A really good interview.

About a month ago Meltzer reported WWE is doing actual customer research for Smackdown on Fox that apparently will be listened to and acted on. Lots of in-person interviews with fans and focus groups.

It would be better if FOX was the ones doing the customer research. WWE's last round of focus group testing was a perfect example of how lead your audience.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 27, 2019

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

rovert posted:

This is the one time where I’ll defend you about joking because yeah it was an obvious joke.

I mean, it was a bit hacky but...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1132781867478859777

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am sure everyone involved wanted to do the Roundtable and enjoyed it.

Imagine how much you would want to die if your dad had your girlfriend on his podcast to talk about something she doesn't like. I just keep thinking about Bryan of Street Fight Radio. His daughter is so mortified that she doesn't want her Bryan even telling people he's a podcast.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine how much you would want to die if your dad had your girlfriend on his podcast to talk about something she doesn't like. I just keep thinking about Bryan of Street Fight Radio. His daughter is so mortified that she doesn't want her Bryan even telling people he's a podcast.
tbh i would listen to my dad talking to my partner about carpentry

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MassRafTer posted:

Every episode Gwen is on is the best too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"The Cowboy Dude with the Douchey Scarf"

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Little bit behind but between Vinny not being there and the endless argument between Dave and Bryan about the Miz match, the MITB coverage might actually have been worse than the actual PPV.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I get the impression this weeks Raw recap is going to be beyond awful, given how much they enjoyed Double Or Nothing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TL posted:

I get the impression this weeks Raw recap is going to be beyond awful, given how much they enjoyed Double Or Nothing.

Make El Hijo de Meltzer's GF watch Raw and review it.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

TL posted:

I'd wager Raw is gonna be a nothing show since it's a holiday.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I'd wager Raw is gonna be a nothing show since it's a Monday

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I wonder how many times in the past 48 hours, Vince has had to be talked off the ledge of announcing the return of "Stardust" and "Goldust". I'll bet in the back of his mind he still can't understand why fake Razor and Diesel didn't get over.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
after old day and lashley's sisters made it to TV i'll be upset if vince doesn't bring back stardust and golddust now

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Usos will have a mediocre match against the B-Team and Michael Cole will scream about how it's the best tag match you'll see this month.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The B will stand for Bucks.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Matt and Nick Buck

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Matt and Nick Buck

I believe their names are Max and Jeremy Buck.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

I believe their names are Max and Jeremy Buck.

Like Vince has ever watched TNA.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I'm flying overnight for just under 5 hours tonight, and it's Spirit, so it'll definitely be too uncomfortable to sleep. I decided to alleviate this by re-subbing to Wrestling Observer and downloading some podcasts. I grabbed Double or Nothing and the roundtable, so that's two hours down. Anything else that's good to listen to on a long, lovely plane ride?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

VJeff posted:

So I'm flying overnight for just under 5 hours tonight, and it's Spirit, so it'll definitely be too uncomfortable to sleep. I decided to alleviate this by re-subbing to Wrestling Observer and downloading some podcasts. I grabbed Double or Nothing and the roundtable, so that's two hours down. Anything else that's good to listen to on a long, lovely plane ride?

Street fight Radio, Chapo, we hate movies, The Cult of Geshcast, Trash future, All Systems Goku... loads of great podcasts out there

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

VJeff posted:

The B&V royal rumble shows the past couple years.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gonzo McFee posted:

Street fight Radio, Chapo, we hate movies, The Cult of Geshcast, Trash future, All Systems Goku... loads of great podcasts out there

From the Wrestling Observer site, I should've specified... :v:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

bryan and vinny nitro reviews

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

bryan and vinny nitro reviews

Search for "worst nitro" and all the results are wonderful

BAM BAM BIGELOW VS BRIAN KNOBBS...

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

VJeff posted:

Dave and Mike Tenay did a show together a few months ago about Dick Beyer after his passing. It's great.

EDIT:

Check out the Pacific Rim podcast if you haven't yet. They usually go over topics most other wrestling podcasts don't cover, i.e. Owen Hart's time in Japan, or have a unique perspective on things covered by other podcasts, i.e. New Japan show reviews.

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 00:56 on May 28, 2019

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Like Vince has ever watched TNA.

Jeff Jarrett is working there again.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

mariooncrack posted:

Check out the Pacific Rim podcast if you haven't yet. They usually go over topics most other wrestling podcasts don't cover, i.e. Owen Hart's time in Japan, or have a unique perspective on things covered by other podcasts, i.e. New Japan show reviews.

At least give the one with Dave and Jim at the Baba exhibit a shot.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jim: So this is the.... don't touch those, Dave.

:xd:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Jim: So this is the.... don't touch those, Dave.

:xd:

Podcasts with Dave in person are always magical :allears: there was one a year or so ago where Bryan scolded him for playing with a piece of paper into the mic and then they both started giggling about it

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I fell in love with Fumi from his first enthusiastic hello

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1133169573220495360?s=19

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I'm just listening to Bryan and Dave's post-DoN show and it's really sweet how much fun both of them are having. You might even be able to convince yourself that Bryan and Dave like each other.

I'm actually scared to listen to the post-Raw show from last night to hear how deflated they must be to watch that mess.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan still gets mad at Raw but Dave’s WWE expectations are so low nowadays that it really takes something truly awful for him to be upset at all

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm actually scared to listen to the post-Raw show from last night to hear how deflated they must be to watch that mess.

Bryan is his usual loud self and Dave just sounds exhausted (which he was, since the weekend had a lot going on)

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
They do like each other wttff

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

rovert posted:

It's Vince. It's always Vince and Vince always knows better. If he had one iota of self-reflection, he'd put somebody else in charge of creative to freshen things up, and that isn't happening, so nothing is going to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it'll probably be fine for 5 or so months but then some unrelated metric will dip, and then we'll have McMahon vs McMahon all over smackdown