Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

peanut posted:

counterpoint: school is cool

Yeah, I've been pretty happy with everything else, but gently caress a undoukai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

undoukai is boring to watch but fun to do. We're going tomorrow :sadpeanut: and we agreed No Video Camera because Nah.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Then the kids have Monday and Tuesday off. Lol

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

peanut posted:

Then the kids have Monday and Tuesday off. Lol

Owned.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
e.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 25, 2019

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The only good undoukai takes place in a graveyard, at night. It’s fun.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

What

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
e: You're right, what I wrote was weird, I'm sorry.

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 25, 2019

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Please otherize me

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
welp.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

caberham posted:

Please otherize me

S... senpai??

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Thread went to a bit of a weird place, methinks

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Pollyanna posted:

????????

deleted. but the above post is still a big ???????

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 25, 2019

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

E: removed reply because post removed

CrazySalamander fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 25, 2019

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm a cishet woman and being creepy wasn't my intention, I'm sorry. I deleted my post.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'm a cishet woman

Scientology and other predatory sex cults had a few straight women to the dirty work right :downsrim:

Is it pronounced as cish et, cis-het, or ci shet?

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
It's pronounced is there good skiing anywhere in Japan in November? I still haven't had a Japan ski trip and I want to do it someday.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Bloodnose posted:

It's pronounced is there good skiing anywhere in Japan in November? I still haven't had a Japan ski trip and I want to do it someday.

Nope.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

For as amazing as Japanese skiing is, the season is remarkably short.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

caberham posted:

Scientology and other predatory sex cults had a few straight women to the dirty work right :downsrim:

Is it pronounced as cish et, cis-het, or ci shet?

Rhymes with "Dante Bichette"

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

highme posted:

It’s much longer if you can go up to Hokkaido

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Graveyard undokai, Kitaro reference? Yes, let's keep it like that.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

ps Trump and Abe chilling at sumo. It's Good .

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

peanut posted:

ps Trump and Abe chilling at sumo. It's Good .

I had a p good lol at the staircase they had to install for him because he's too fat to walk.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

highme posted:

First week of January then? Comiket and then the slopes? Can I rent a pair of itashas but skis? Itaskis?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Bloodnose posted:

First week of January then? Comiket and then the slopes? Can I rent a pair of itashas but skis? Itaskis?

First week of January will be kicking, I didn't understand anything else in your post.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bloodnose posted:

If you rent skis you might get some with rad early 1990s graphics, but probably not embarrassing anime girls, no. January should be good for skiing.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Apparently they do exist and are called itaita (痛板)

Probably can't rent em though. I gotta figure out what's the best embarrassing anime girl to have and then get a custom wrap.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Bloodnose posted:

Apparently they do exist and are called itaita (痛板)

Probably can't rent em though. I gotta figure out what's the best embarrassing anime girl to have and then get a custom wrap.

What you need to do is go off the backside of Tenjindaira without an avalanche kit.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Please be nice to me.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

tenga print snowboard

I agree with the stairs. Just imagining my dad climbing into the sumo ring, holding on to the rope and getting dirt under his nails… lol

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

So I'm going to Japan again for all of July. I'm probably going to spend the first and last week in Tokyo - but in the middle there I'd like some R&R in a place which doesn't completely kill me with heat and humidity. Preferably an onsen town that's both somewhat cool but also not completely dead in terms of things to do (restaurants, izakaya, non-soviet style architecture etc). I've spent some summer time in Takayama and Fukuji onsen, though obviously Fukuji is like 5 ryokans, a morning market and a coke machine so something a little more lively would be nice. I'm open to loving off to Tōhoku, Izu or Hokkaido if anyone has any good recommendations. I want to eat and be lazy, so no hiking trips.

tl;dr: looking for a non-dead town to relax in that's not going to murder me with humidity in july

Dante fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 26, 2019

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Go to fuji rock at the end of July :D

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

peanut posted:

Graveyard undokai, Kitaro reference? Yes, let's keep it like that.

Exactly, cmon guys :negative:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Dante posted:

tl;dr: looking for a non-dead town to relax in that's not going to murder me with humidity in july

Let us know if you find one.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

peanut posted:

tenga print snowboard

please do this

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Eroquis is not usually my jam but how could I say no to a fan.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I arrived today, I dropped my bag and immediately went to the izakaya to eat some fried oysters to prevent jetlag. An old man awkwardly glanced at me. Feels good to be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Conversely, I left today. My feet are pretty beat up and according to my watch I’ve done just over 120km walking this week, likely more since the 8th.

Was a great trip but I’ll have to do a Monday morning quarterback session on it when I get back home to figure out how to eke even more enjoyment out of the next one. There were definitely some annoyances that I think I can iron out, and next time I’m definitely spending LESS time in Tokyo and more time out west.