Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

"Diarrhea! Diarrhea! Diarrhea!" goes the refrain. "A million wipes are not enough for diarrhea!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

The weirding way is just being able to sing the brown note.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I watched Dune again for he first time in like a year, and the first time while high. And somehow it was only THIS time that I realized how horrible it really is. Did David just tell most of the actors to read their lines as plainly and emotionlessly as possible?

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I am appreciating all of this literal Dune-related shitposting.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I watched Dune again for he first time in like a year, and the first time while high. And somehow it was only THIS time that I realized how horrible it really is. Did David just tell most of the actors to read their lines as plainly and emotionlessly as possible?

Where are my feelings?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i have seen the banner of villeneuve carried before a fire that engulfed the box office

a thousand screaming dune fans drunk on hype-liquor

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 28, 2019

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Oh hey, a few dozen new posts in the Dune thread, must be some more casting announcements! :stare:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Nope poop chat

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Anne Frank Funk posted:

I must eat fiber. Fiber is the poop-former. Fiber is the little help that brings total defecation. I will ingest my fiber. I will permit it to pass into me and through me. And when it has gone past I will open the brown eye to show it its path. Where the fiber has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

:eyepoop:

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

The Scattering :metis:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

holy fuk this thread is good right now

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
my research into the mechanics of feces processing by stillsuits has as of yet born no fruit. but I did uncover this interesting tidbit from the Dune encyclopedia:

quote:

From the earliest designs, stillsuits for women were constructed differently from those of the men: in addition to the thigh pads which processed urine and feces, the women's suits included a third processing unit for reclaiming the water lost in menstrual blood. In the later, even more efficient versions, these units kept female water loss on a par with that of the male, in spite of their physiological handicap.

I am of the opinion that the Freman ate their own feces to recycle the residual spice found therein. there was a bit that got left on the editing table from the first book where Paul has to eat a turd as a form of initiation rite.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
With their diet and the still suit processing, it's probably like shredded wheat

Freman Frass

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Fully desiccated poops do not smell and are often used as a good source of fuel irl

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Bring me my fremen turd brazier the desert night grows chill

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Brown within brown eyes

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I have learned that there are people who have jammed tattoo needles into their eyeballs in an attempt to gain the Eyes of Ibad. this is a bad idea. do not do it.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even after becoming emperor, Paul still enjoyed the thrill of using the catheter/rectum-vacuum combo. That was the true reason behind his night walks in Arrakeen.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Bring me my fremen turd brazier the desert night grows chill

Ah, that’s what was in all those glowglobes.

JohnLovely
Aug 15, 2017

by Athanatos
Grimey Drawer

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want Fremen poo poo-jerky farmer to be a profession/crafting specialization in the inevitable Dune MMO.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Chairdog turd rawhide

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
what do Fremen use for toilets, is this known? obv they don't use flushing toilets. too much water. plenty of sand though. litterbox?

Stilgar, inspecting the litterbox after Paul has just laid waste to it: "Usul has called a big one!"

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Vlex posted:

Brown within brown eyes

:lol:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

SniperWoreConverse posted:

fremen turd brazier

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

uber_stoat posted:

what do Fremen use for toilets, is this known? obv they don't use flushing toilets. too much water. plenty of sand though. litterbox?

Stilgar, inspecting the litterbox after Paul has just laid waste to it: "Usul has called a big one!"

K....kull wahad

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Speaking of poo poo, I will poo poo on this movie bigtime if they decide to make ornithopters look like dragonflies.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

uber_stoat posted:

I have learned that there are people who have jammed tattoo needles into their eyeballs in an attempt to gain the Eyes of Ibad. this is a bad idea. do not do it.

you can inject pigment into your sclera

uh

you prob shouldn't. If it migrates out you're hosed. You have to perfectly hit the gap between the conjunctiva and the rest of the eyeball. It's like a fraction of a mm. Like you need an eyeball surgeon to do it and not gently caress up big time

sebmojo posted:

K....kull wahad

May his passing cleanse the world.

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
The fat hand moved, tracing details on the surface. "I invite you to observe," the basso voice rumbled. "Observe closely, Piter, and you, too, Feyd-Rautha, my darling: from sixty degrees north to seventy degrees south - these exquisite ripples. Their coloring: does it not remind you of sweet roughage? And nowhere do you see blue of lakes or rivers or seas. And these lovely polar caps - so small. Could anyone mistake this place? Arrakis! Truly unique. A superb setting for a unique crap.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

uber_stoat posted:

They don't go into detail but when Harah shows young Paul his yali (Jamis' house) she mentions a kind of bathroom:

Harah posted:

‘There is a reclamation chamber off the other room.’ She gestured. ‘For your comfort and convenience when you’re out of your stillsuit.’

Think of the literal rear end-vacuum they use in the International Space Station.

e: yeah I love talking about rear end-vacuums, what of it.

Temaukel fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 29, 2019

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

When Mohiam is in jail in Messiah, she has “a Fremen privy with moisture seals”

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Temaukel posted:

They don't go into detail but when Harah shows young Paul his yali (Jamis' house) she mentions a kind of bathroom:

Think of the literal rear end-vacuum they use in the International Space Station.

e: yeah I love talking about rear end-vacuums, what of it.

Just picturing a cosmonaut squatting on that sucker, bearing down, getting a firm grip and hrrnnnnnngggggh

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Just picturing a cosmonaut squatting on that sucker, bearing down, getting a firm grip and hrrnnnnnngggggh

I'm hoping against hope it sounds like when you put a canister inside the pneumatic tube at the bank teller window

thoomp

Barring that, I will also accept a wet schlorp

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Communist Walrus posted:

I'm hoping against hope it sounds like when you put a canister inside the pneumatic tube at the bank teller window

thoomp

Barring that, I will also accept a wet schlorp

That depends entirely upon diet, friend

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Is there a button that swishes the reclaimed water around to clean the area like a bidet?

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Realistically the only sensible toilet system for a sietch would have to be a communal latrine with rear end-gaskets. No need to clean the bowl as those rock hard fremen logs just fall straight down into the poo soup, methane could be extracted for later use, easier to reclaim water from one sietch wide septic tank, less plumbing, more opportunity for conversation and inner monologues.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Fremen over there in the sietch port-o-jamis dropping mad inner mono logs

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Fremen over there in the sietch port-o-jamis dropping mad inner mono logs

Turdsign

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
After my morning (spice)coffee, my colon sounds like drumsand.

Temaukel fucked around with this message at 13:43 on May 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Do you 'move' without rhythm? Try Metamusul, a dietary supplement rich in spice fiber to promote regularity.

Metamusul, for more strength at the base of your pillar.